Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
And your 13 pts behind Leverkusen so what makes you think Arsenal will be a stroll in the park. They’ve not been beat by arguably the best team in Europe (city) this season.
Despite the fact that I hoped my irony was more obvious... Second attempt: Arsenal are just a points supplier for Bayern. This season sucks. Mate, let me have some fun!

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Despite the fact that I hoped my irony was more obvious... Second attempt: Arsenal are just a points supplier for Bayern.
I don't see any irony in your posts about Bayern/Arsenal. Just facts. I let you

RedRocket9908

And your 13 pts behind Leverkusen so what makes you think Arsenal will be a stroll in the park. They’ve not been beat by arguably the best team in Europe (city) this season.
City are not the best team in Europe, they have been bang average this season

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
This is Arsenal at their strongest they've been in years and Bayern at their weakest they've been in years
Advantage Arsenal

Remember the geese

This is Arsenal at their strongest they've been in years and Bayern at their weakest they've been in years
Advantage Arsenal
Arsenal are definitely better than Bayern. However, as a club, they have this weird hoodoo when it comes to Europe. That makes this a 50/50 game.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Advantage Arsenal
Munich have averaged 2.22 points per game this season. They got 2.09 last season so it’s difficult to argue that they are worse, purely in terms of points.
Also, 2.89 goals per game this season v 2.7 last season. I think it’s just that Leverkusen are having such an incredible season that Munich look worse by comparison.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
City are not the best team in Europe, they have been bang average this season
Who said this season? They’ve been the best for a few years. They’ve been average this year but still in a title challenge in the best league.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Munich have averaged 2.22 points per game this season. They got 2.09 last season so it’s difficult to argue that they are worse, purely in terms of points.
Also, 2.89 goals per game this season v 2.7 last season. I think it’s just that Leverkusen are having such an incredible season that Munich look worse by comparison.
Bayern is definitely bad this season. Still, I expect them to kick Arsenal out of the CL.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Bayern is definitely bad this season. Still, I expect them to kick Arsenal out of the CL.
You might well be right. I find it almost impossible to second guess how Arsenal will play in this match. Two years (or even 1 year) ago I’d have confidently expected Bayern to dominate the games and Arsenal to eventually fold.

LordSpud

Terror threats against all the Quarter Finals this week - security ramped right up

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Jesus. Really hope nothing happens. I'm kind of surprised that when the waves of terror attacks were hitting Europe in the mid 2010s that a football match was never targeted.
France vs. Germany was targeted.

PoTMS

Nice of ISIS to give us a heads up. Not usually their modus operandi. Nice blokes, them.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Jesus. Really hope nothing happens. I'm kind of surprised that when the waves of terror attacks were hitting Europe in the mid 2010s that a football match was never targeted.
They were targeted but they are very often detected and stopped before it gets close to happening like the World Cup 2010, Euro 2016. Then you have the Paris terrorist attack and i think the Dortmund bus bombing was also classed as a terror attack.
There is definitely a lot of close calls that we don't hear about to avoid panic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The CL is such a shit comparison when your rivals keep making semis and finals. I pretty much only catch highlights and score lines now.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I ten two think i'd be happy with avoiding retribution for the 5-1s.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
i think the Dortmund bus bombing was also classed as a terror attack.
That's not really comparable as that was an attempt to manipulate the stock market, trying to make Dortmunds stock crash

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I didn't hear of that at the time. I suppose like @awop said there are a lot of near misses that we never hear of.
The bombs went off during the game - you can literally see the players' reaction to the explosion. It was a near miss in that it didn't happen in the stadium but it was widely heard of:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What a fall from grace for Bayern that Arsenal fans are talking about what a tough semi final they will have.
(1-5 Arsenal Bayern incoming…)

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
2 hours left for the match and I did none of my superstitious pre-game rituals.

We are losing this 0-2 or 0-3.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Of the last few games against City, this is the one I am least interested in watching. It gives me confidence to see Mendy at left back. Curious to see Camavinga, Tchouameni and Bellingham, from whom I expect a great game.
2 hours left for the match and I did none of my superstitious pre-game rituals.

We are losing this 0-2 or 0-3.
Very poorly done. Maybe you should sacrifice yourself and don't watch the game :D :rolleyes:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
What a fall from grace for Bayern that Arsenal fans are talking about what a tough semi final they will have.
(1-5 Arsenal Bayern incoming…)
I don't follow Bayern. If Bayern is as bad as you said then good for Arsenal. I remember there is another poster mentioned Bayern in the league has almost the same point as other seasons.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I don't follow Bayern. If Bayern is as bad as you said then good for Arsenal. I remember there is another poster mentioned Bayern in the league has almost the same point as other seasons.
Nope. We’re outright atrocious. This is easily the worst season since more than a decade.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Our strongest XI so feeling more confident now.