g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

eire-red

Don't think 1-0 will be enough for Dortmund. As ordinary as PSG were, you'd imagine they'll stick a couple past them at home.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The French league has given PSG the next weekend off. They will absolutely batter Dortmund next week.
Is Dortmund going to take the league seriously, when they are already secured UCL next year?

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Terzic has been brilliant setting them up, but his substitutions were awful. Left Adeyemi on 10 minutes too long and it almost cost them on that big chance, when Adeyemi couldn´t track back anymore. And then he does not bring on Bynoe Gittens, who might be their most talented attacking player and is rapide. Hakimi (and Adeyemi) was completely knackered from going Usain Bolt on each other. You put Bynoe Gittens on there, I´m positive he kills the game. Completely puzzling. Reus was also very poor. He defended that left side worse than a dead Adeyemi. Moukoko ahead of him, too? Maybe he´s the secret weapon for the return leg (or injured?).

Also fair play to Sancho. That 2nd half was brilliant, should have had 2-3 assists with just competent finishing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
PSG looked like us tonight. No real cohesion and just hoped someone up front would do something for them.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Even if they had a game, with the title already clinched, there would have been a massive turnover
Very true and I expect Real and Bayern to do the same. Still I find it „unfair“ (for a lck of a better word) from the league. As if being state sponsored isn‘t enough of an advantage.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
PSG looked like us tonight. No real cohesion and just hoped someone up front would do something for them.
Ye they rely on Mbappe magic. I blame Enrique for starting him upfront when he’s useless there. He needs to play out wide.

criticalanalysis

Oof just seen the goal. Great touch and technique from the striker...but Donnarumma getting a bit too square and flat footed there. It almost went under him. He could have closed the space a little and/or stuck out his feet.

Withnail

Oof just seen the goal. Great touch and technique from the striker...but Donnarumma getting a bit too square and flat footed there. It almost went under him. He could have closed the space a little and/or stuck out his feet.
Yeah I thought he could have done a lot better on first viewing. I'm not really convinced my him but it's mad he's still only 25.

Moriarty

How? Going through with a 0-0 after a 1-1 draw in the first leg away is not a product of or incentive for any attacking.
Same difference with penalties. At least in your scenario, the onus is on the away side to attack. It did produce some dull games but I don't mind watching a defensive masterclass now and again; it's as much a part of the game as scintillating attacking.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Is Dortmund going to take the league seriously, when they are already secured UCL next year?
Good question. Dortmund has nothing left to play for, they lost the probably deciding match for 4th place on the weekend against Leipzig, so effectively they don't even have hope now to improve their position. And they secured CL qualification with their win today which guarantees Germany the 5th CL spot.

Augsburg on the other hand is battling to qualify for EL/ECL, they will be on fire.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
anyone that watches football could see he was shite when he was at Inter but for some reason some folks kept hyping him up
Yeah, can’t say I watched any full inter matches outside of last seasons UCL knockout campaign, so I’ve never been sure just how good or terrible he was. Seems 3 at the back probably suited him more perhaps.

criticalanalysis

I kid you not :lol: There are just better players than him.
Shame, he looked a good talent since his Valencia days.

Yeah I thought he could have done a lot better on first viewing. I'm not really convinced my him but it's mad he's still only 25.
I've seen very limited games of him, mostly highlights but he looks like an old school shot stopper, who's uncomfortable in his large frame. Bit dodgy in the air and stuck to his line too.

E-mal

Yeah, can’t say I watched any full inter matches outside of last seasons UCL knockout campaign, so I’ve never been sure just how good or terrible he was. Seems 3 at the back probably suited him more perhaps.
Always looked awkward in both defending and playing, didn't really see what the hype was all about

es-muellert

Supports
Bayern München
Was it just me or was Paris very sloppy at times and almost seemed like to lack some intensity tonight?

Very weird to see this in a Champions League semi final.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Skriniar was great for Inter but at the same time he had obvious limitations and Inter have been so well coached these years(Spalletti-Conte-Inzaghi) they make Darmian and Acerbi pass for great defenders too

JogaBonitoRooney

PSG aren't even good at home or that good of a team. Why do people think they'll win the second leg easy.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
I wish Bayern would get Vitinha from PSG. We need a player to pass the ball around in midfield after moving Kimmich to RB.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
PSG aren't even good at home or that good of a team. Why do people think they'll win the second leg easy.
Dortmund is shit this season and it makes no sense at all that they are in a CL semifinal. Expecting them to lose was the sensible thing to do for every CL match they played this season.

JogaBonitoRooney

Dortmund is shit this season and it makes no sense at all that they are in a CL semifinal. Expecting them to lose was the sensible thing to do for every CL match they played this season.
Well they've proven for whatever reason they can get results in the CL. So by this time they should not be underestimated. They just won. They also won the group of death.

frostbite

Was a great pass. But watching Müller getting furious at his team is probably even better entertainment :lol:
He says "what the feck" in English... but why in English? And what else does he say? (maybe ... "why are you sleeping?")

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
He says "what the feck" in English... but why in English? And what else does he say? (maybe ... "why are you sleeping?")
He just repeated it in Korean, so Kim got the message. Apparently Müller´s Korean is not very good.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Everybody in that team speaks English (more or less), so it makes sense that he addresses his team in English.