Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Luck? What luck? While it's obvious PSG isn't a a great team this season, I don't see where we were lucky.
Nonsense penalty to see you through to the knockouts, and even though you landed in 2nd place, you got the easiest opponent imaginable in R16.

Congrats on semi final, but lucky stars for sure are with you this season.

Woziak

Makes sense when you remember they aren't that good and should have been out in group stages.
Think this is more about the Master and his apprentice, Enrique schooled Xavi in this game, look at that Barcelona starting 11, it really is the sum of its parts, besides the 17 year old wonder kid and a talented midfield that you can play around, they really are not all that!

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What an absolute clown that ref for Barca-PSG was.
Mind you, I agree with the red and penalty.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Vitinha is class.
Pretty sure we were strongly linked with him before he went to PSG.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He did for us but he’s a BTB midfielder who can tackle, Run, create and Score and would have been a good addition to our squad for £15m?
I don’t think he’s necessarily the answer in the long term, but I do agree he offers more than quite a few of your CMs. It’s weird, I think he looked pretty average for you at the time he was at Utd, but I guess everyone did that season so it’s probably unfair to single him out.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What an absolute clown that ref for Barca-PSG was.
Mind you, I agree with the red and penalty.
It's about time Barca got refballed. Romanian Mike Dean only gave them what they had coming.

Zen

Can't wait until City somehow make hard work of either of these like they did with the Chelsea and Inter byes in the finals....

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
They were 2 goals clear until the sending off. Going down to 10 in these huge games is simply suicide.
No disagreement here.

Even then, couldn't see going through in the next round. They're too fragile and miles away from what they were.

Woziak

I don’t think he’s necessarily the answer in the long term, but I do agree he offers more than quite a few of your CMs. It’s weird, I think he looked pretty average for you at the time he was at Utd, but I guess everyone did that season so it’s probably unfair to single him out.
He had moments especially in the Carabo cup final, plus we knew he was recovering from an injury, for £15m terrible decision!

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Not seeing them polluting the next round with their shite antics is an incredible bonus.

The semis are going to be great. Only attacking teams.
Yeah, and open highway for City... first b2b UCL since us.

Superunknown

Watching these teams, we aren't a million miles away from them.
Very true.

We're tens of millions of miles away. Got a penalty that wasn't a penalty against Bournemouth away to rescue a draw at the weekend. We would've conceded 5+ tonight against Dortmund or PSG. :lol:

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Think this is more about the Master and his apprentice, Enrique schooled Xavi in this game, look at that Barcelona starting 11, it really is the sum of its parts, besides the 17 year old wonder kid and a talented midfield that you can play around, they really are not all that!
I don't think we can make this kind of claim since Barca played with 10 men for more than an hour.

Against PSG that was never going to work.

Oranges038

Now we get to hear about how Barcelona are clearly not paying for referees and never have because they got a red card tonight.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The winner of that match gets their hands on the trophy. Neither PSG nor Dortmund stand a chance.
We needed Atletico through, yes Dortmund play great football, but that plays into City's hand.

Atletico isn't too great, but perhaps might have fluked it

Nick7

I don't think we can make this kind of claim since Barca played with 10 men for more than an hour.

Against PSG that was never going to work.
They were second best 11 v 11 with a terrible midfield that Barca could get by time and time again. They were also out coached in the first leg. It’s just a baffling, baffling take.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
We needed Atletico through, yes Dortmund play great football, but that plays into City's hand.

Atletico isn't too great, but perhaps might have fluked it
I don't have any dog in the race or a personal beef with Man City. I'm just here to enjoy football.

Atlético just ruins the fun and I'm glad to see them out of the picture.