Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Very proud of the whole team. They defended really well against a tireless opponent.

Fr. Todd Unctious

What's the craic with the extra CL spot given it looks like Germany will get one of them. Dortmund are currenly 5th but Bayern will have already qualified through the League. So if Bayern win. Is it still only the top 5 or do Frankfurt get in as Bayern would be taking a spot as champions ?

eire-red

Get what you mean but Real were especially dire tonight and De Bruyne missed a sitter to win it. Tonight was just a fluke
Normally I would agree with you, but Madrid pull this kind of performance out of the fire too often for this to be a fluke.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A very very successful evening of hate watching. Football is beautiful.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I guess im a Dortmund fan for a few months. Failing that then a Bayern fan.
Judging by this forum, I think that's just the same thing as actually being a Dortmund fan.

Lyricist

What's the craic with the extra CL spot given it looks like Germany will get one of them. Dortmund are currenly 5th but Bayern will have already qualified through the League. So if Bayern win. Is it still only the top 5 or do Frankfurt get in as Bayern would be taking a spot as champions ?
If Dortmund win the CL but at the same time are 5th in the league, 6th place will also get a CL spot. This was reported in Germany today as it had been confirmed by UEFA.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Then it would only be the top 5. And don't be sure that Frankfurt will finish 6th, they are far from safe in that spot :lol:

JB7

I'll root for PSG.

New name on the trophy would be fun
No better than City, feck them. Other three clubs left are at least proper clubs, think them winning it would be the most disappointing of the four left.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
I guess we were the only team that could stop City double treble. You guys can thank us now.

Lyricist

The awkward thing is, Frankfurt have a very difficult set of fixtures remaining. Imagine Augsburg coming 6th and playing CL. :houllier: :lol:

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
I don't get the "battering" thing. Did City create how many great chances? They had the ball, but didn't generate much danger for Madrid.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What happens if Villa are fourth and win the Europa conference, do they qualify via winning that?
Good question. I’m not even sure. If they finished 5th and won that then they’d be in the Europa wouldn’t they. So I’d imagine either the next position in the table gets Europa or nothing happens.

eire-red

Nah usually the contest is more even, and they dominate at certain parts of the match.

This was a battering :lol:
The tie where Rodrygo scored the brace to send the game to ET and Benzema scored the pen reminded me of this a little. City battered them over the two legs in that tie as well.

The last min pen against Juve after going 3-0 down.. even though that was a terrible decision. More often than not they somehow manage to stay in the fight. It's incredible.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
My thoughts as well. Hope Bayern win it.
I’d prefer Dortmund to win it over any of the 4 teams that are in it but there obviously the most underdogs. I can see PSG winning it this year. Bayern and Madrid semis will be decent to watch

VivaJesperBlomqvist

fecking get in Madrid. Cowards pissed me off though. Why get battered over two legs like that with the players they have?!?!

Fr. Todd Unctious

If Dortmund win the CL but at the same time are 5th in the league, 6th place will also get a CL spot. This was reported in Germany today as it had been confirmed by UEFA.

Wow so if it's a Der Klassiker final it's a win win for whoever finishes 6th in the Bundesliga. Will make the run in for 6th interesting.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Crazy how a week ago, English teams were big favorites to win both the UCL and Europa League and now they’re practically all out.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I don't get the "battering" thing. Did City create how many great chances? They had the ball, but didn't generate much danger for Madrid.
33 shots. Not that a lot of them were great. Shot every 3 minutes during normal time is impressive vs Real.

Madrid defended great and had much bigger balls when it mattered.

MrWilliams

Real Madrid, go get no. 15 please.

Stopping Pep’s B2B UCL brings me so much joy.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Wow so if it's a Der Klassiker final it's a win win for whoever finishes 6th in the Bundesliga. Will make the run in for 6th interesting.
No, 6 spots for the BL only happens if a BL team wins the CL and isn't in top 4 of the BL. Bayern likely will come 2nd/3rd, so if they win, it would still be only 5 spots for the BL.

And stop calling Bayern vs Dortmund "Klassiker", that's made up bullshit and there is nothing "classic" about that match that could in any way be compared to the Clasico.