Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best neutral tie would be PSG vs Real Madrid. Don't want PSG to win though, so would be happy with any of the 3 others. Dortmund would be great, but don't think they can win the final if they get there.

Eddy_JukeZ

True, but Real Madrid don't lose CL finals.
True. The last team to even beat them in any European Final was Aberdeen under SAF.

Not sure if I'd bet against Mbappe in a final either though. Plus this PSG side is somewhat different. They seem much more unified and stronger mentally even if they've got less talent overall.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Don't want P$G to win for obvious reasons
Don't want Sancho to win
I actually have hopes of United catching the likes of Bayern & Milan in my lifetime.
Real are out of reach regardless of how many they win, and I'm grateful for what they've done to make the last decade slightly more tolerable for United fans.

Hala Madrid!
Have some pride! Have ye forgotten 2001 and 2003 and 2013?

Let's thank them for tonight and wish them a quick and painless death against Bayern :D

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
That's simply not true. Haaland hit the bar from 6 yards, kdb missed a sitter from 11, ridiger blocked from Grealish from about 6 or 7. Foden miskicked another on the line of the 6 yards box.
That's just off the top of my head.

Though Rudiger did have probably the biggest chance bar KDB in extra time.
Two shots from those 33(that Haaland's header was very bizarre, but okay) can be considered great chances then?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
This was an improvement over other games against City in that Real Madrid defended well. However, the 'playing out from the back' was an abomination and I was tearing my hair out every time there could potentially be an attack and they just passed it back all the way to the GK and then booted it out. Awful, just shit.

padr81

Supports
Man City
In normal time, yes, but they did let Madrid get some footing back in extra time for whatever reason.
Blew thier load and hadn't the energy after about 10 minutes of ET, last 5 minutes both teams were trying but just couldn't get up and down the pitch.

BorisManUtd

I really look forward to our games against Real. It has been too long
You've had some really interesting encounters. 2012 semis, 2014 semis, 2017 qf, 2018 semis. Unfortunately for you you got knocked out most of those times (with some questionable decisions from referee last 1-2 times if I remember correctly) but this Real Madrid team isn't unebeatable at least.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
#anyonebutPSG

personally: Bayern >>>>>> Real >> Dortmund >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSG

padr81

Supports
Man City
Two shots from those 33(that Haaland's header was very bizarre, but okay) can be considered great chances then?
Thats some seriously blinkered take, Haalands was a good header back across the goal from a great position. You should probably watch the game without bias. Credit to Real, defended well and had the balls when it mattered but you're incredibly biased if you don't see the second half in particular as complete one way traffic.

The first thing you said was Cities shots were long range which was disproven now you're moving the goal posts after being corrected. In terms of actual clear chances their were 4 or so off the top of my head that I listed. Its ok to win after being under the cosh thats what great teams do and probably the one weakness in the current City side. Were the roles reversed today and Madrid battering City that game finishes 4-0 to Real if they rack up and xg of 2.5 or whatever City had. Its a testament to their mentality that they've won not an insult that they got dominated.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just goes to show how unreal they were last season to destroy our plot armor like that

They were great tonight, but of course it couldn't be enough :cool:

Cal?

CR7 fan
True. The last team to even beat them in any European Final was Aberdeen under SAF.

Not sure if I'd bet against Mbappe in a final either though. Plus this PSG side is somewhat different. They seem much more unified and stronger mentally even if they've got less talent overall.
Mbappe lost the biggest final when I really really really wanted him to win. :(

Have some pride! Have ye forgotten 2001 and 2003 and 2013?

Let's thank them for tonight and wish them a quick and painless death against Bayern :D
I did say last 10 years, also Bayern? Have you forgotten about 01, 10, 14?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Can't belive we won that!!! hahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was confident we could win if it came to penalties but as soon as Modric failed I thought we were done and even if we were outplayed most of the game it feels nice to yet again eliminate Pep Guardiola and Manchester City. :drool:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Just goes to show how unreal they were last season to destroy our plot armor like that

They were great tonight, but of course it couldn't be enough :cool:
You guys are something else in the CL. The real mentality monsters.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mbappe lost the biggest final when I really really really wanted him to win. :(

I did say last 10 years, also Bayern? Have you forgotten about 01, 10, 14?
Yeah but maybe they won't have Mauni..oh wait

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
The Germans winning the CL and Europa League would be cool, specially with all the idiotic over the top praise other leagues enjoy and the over the top bashing the German League receives.

Red Star One

The Germans winning the CL and Europa League would be cool, specially with all the idiotic over the top praise other leagues enjoy and the over the top bashing the German League receives.
I’ve got no love for Bundesliga but it’s true they were receiving some unfair stick and it’s satisfying to see them prove themselves. Then again, it can be a strong league, but it’s hard to take anyone seriously if they have the same winner for more than 10 years. God bless Leverkusen I guess.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I’ve got no love for Bundesliga but it’s true they were receiving some unfair stick and it’s satisfying to see them prove themselves. Then again, it can be a strong league, but it’s hard to take anyone seriously if they have the same winner for more than 10 years. God bless Leverkusen I guess.
Yep... The damage Dortmund did to the leagues reputation in the last few years can't be overestimated. Whenever Bayern was there for the taking the self proclaimed second force of German football should have been there to take advantage. Instead they bottled it like Spurs and then whined about how they don't have any chance.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
Thats some seriously blinkered take, Haalands was a good header back across the goal from a great position. You should probably watch the game without bias. Credit to Real, defended well and had the balls when it mattered but you're incredibly biased if you don't see the second half in particular as complete one way traffic.

The first thing you said was Cities shots were long range which was disproven now you're moving the goal posts after being corrected. In terms of actual clear chances their were 4 or so off the top of my head that I listed. Its ok to win after being under the cosh thats what great teams do and probably the one weakness in the current City side. Were the roles reversed today and Madrid battering City that game finishes 4-0 to Real if they rack up and xg of 2.5 or whatever City had. Its a testament to their mentality that they've won not an insult that they got dominated.
Maybe I was wrong in my description, but you still have to prove me wrong on my main point.

You above everyone were very deceptive citing that 33 shots and then being able to specify only two clear chances(that other two are very subjective).

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Hopefully Madrid v PSG, Mbappe can go celebrate with his new team mates at the end of the game.
If he does come here we should do what Bayern Munich did prior to the final against Dortmund and reveal he's joining us next summer just to feck with them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, that also pissed me. Can't wait for Xabi Alonso to join us!
Nah, this is how it's properly done. Gotta give them the illusion they can actually beat us. Where's the fun otherwise :cool:

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
In reality, I'm really fecking tired of the typical nowadays "EPL is wayyyyyyyy above anyone", or in other periods La Liga, or Serie A, or whatever.

It's true that the financial gap between the EPl and other leagues is increasing, it's true that at a certain period some League might attract the most famous players, or have the best infrastructure or having more teams competing for the first place...but nothing of that is black and white, there are always nuances that are more important than people tend to think.

Every traditional League in the world developes great players and normally the issues of some players not entirely doing it in a certain League it's more related to the general period of the team itself, the current coach, the current squad etc., than the typical "he won't cut it in all mighty EPL/LA Liga" etc.

And back on my desire and watching specially how great Leverkusen plays. I really want them the Germans to end this year with a title at least in one of the competitions, people will still think that their more popular or stronger league is way ahead of the German one, but some humility bath will come handy while players like Florain receive a more than deserved time on the spotlight.

Theonas

Scout
Today actually reminded me of 2000. We were the treble winners, best team in the world in my eyes at least at the time and then we play Real. Wasn't old enough then to be aware of Real's pedigree in the CL and what d'ya know. They kill us with that Redondo piece of improvisation and Raùl's brace. They're just unbelievable at these occasions and looks like that has not changed in over two decades.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Maybe I was wrong in my description, but you still have to prove me wrong on my main point.

You above everyone were very deceptive citing that 33 shots and then being able to specify only two clear chances(that other two are very subjective).
Subjective to who? What do you want against Real Madrid, we had double their xg, 33 shots vs 8. 9 on target vs 3. 24 ( I was wrong about 25 earlier) in the box. 19 corners before they got 1. 2/3rds of the ball (not that possession means a huge amount). They were literally afraid to leave their own box for a solid hour. You think from 24 shots in the box, only 2 of them were good chances? Last week both sides created less than 1xg and the result was 3-3. The difference tonight was City bottled all the chances, and shot for the most part straight at Lunin. We dominated the game but didn't have the nerve to actually go and win.

We beat them 4-0 last year in a game with only slightly higher XG. Difference being they scored first tonight and could sit in and counter more and we were ruthless that night but nervy tonight.
No team is gonna have like 8 guilt edged chances vs Madrid (or anyone for that matter). We simply dominated the game but Madrid had the balls and nerve we didn't.

Redfrog

That's simply not true. Haaland hit the bar from 6 yards, kdb missed a sitter from 11, rudiger blocked from Grealish from about 6 or 7. Foden miskicked another on the line of the 6 yards box.
That's just off the top of my head.
25 of 33 were inside the box.

Though Rudiger did have probably the biggest chance bar KDB in extra time.
Nice numbers but 115 beat them all. Good luck with this one.