Champions League 2017/18

edcunited1878

Feels right to be talking and watching this competition in earnest again...but let's not get carried away because United always have targets on their head when in Europe, no matter the CL or EL.

This is where the squad depth and tactical flexibility come in handy. League match before mid-week Tuesday/Wednesday and travel, recover and another League match in a matter of days.

United earned their way back into this competition and will fight to advance into the knockout rounds. No opponent is easy for a variety of factors, but let's worry about it come match week 1.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Napoli, Olympiakos and Seville are through.

@SfcNervion, did you shit yourself in the pants? :lol:
Both Sevilla and Liverpool should take advantage of this momentun and buy themselves a lottery ticket. What are the odds!:D And I can't stop laughing at the Madrid-teams draw; both of them will get through but I hope their group will tired them out, so they can suffer in the league:devil:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Both Sevilla and Liverpool should take advantage of this momentun and buy themselves a lottery ticket. What are the odds!:D And I can't stop laughing at the Madrid-teams draw; both of them will get through but I hope their group will tired them out, so they can suffer in the league:devil:
Real not, Atletico probably. Their style of play is very demanding.

Kick Klopp out ;)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
do you have hope in la liga? :p

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
do you have hope in la liga? :p
No. Maybe, possibly, perhaps a third spot, ahead of Atletico. But even for that, there are lot of "if's" involved:( But to see real, barca, atletico and valencia suffer is purely for stimulating feelings of schadenfreude. Though, the problem with los merengues is that they got Zidane, so I can't feel pure satisfaction in a scenario of real being defeated, unless he is gone.

@Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 Haha, I honestly think we will be kicked at Anfield. Sevilla have a bad habit of being underwhelming when away from home, and our defence is still in shambles, even though other departments have improved. Think Mane will have a glorious time against our defence when we meet in September. But we should be able to beat them at home. And I see no difference between first spot or second spot, because of the many group of deaths; so the main target is just to make it to the next round, and it would be quite a shock if neither Liverpool or Sevilla would manage to get through to the next round. :)

Last edited: