Champions League 2022/23 - Matchday 3 - 4/5 October

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
That’s a disgrace, that. Four minutes added yet Liverpool didn’t restart play until 91:40 (after an almost two-minute stoppage) and then another substitution in injury-time, plus other delays taking throw-ins and kick-outs. I’d wager only sixty seconds of action took place with the four minutes which were supposed to be added.

Only these Scouse cnuts get away with shite like that whilst simultaneously getting eight minutes added time when only five get awarded.

There needs to be an investigation into the preferential treatment these wankers receive.

RopersReturn

That’s a disgrace, that. Four minutes added yet Liverpool didn’t restart play until 91:40 (after an almost two-minute stoppage) and then another substitution in injury-time, plus other delays taking throw-ins and kick-outs. I’d wager only sixty seconds of action took place with the four minutes which were supposed to be added.

Only these Scouse cnuts get away with shite like that whilst simultaneously getting eight minutes added time when only five get awarded.

There needs to be an investigation into the preferential treatment these wankers receive.
Wouldn’t really count for much in matches they dominate.

Irrational.

If it was the other way round, Klop would be gnashing his Weetabix teeth in the post match interview.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Ajax are lucky they only lost 2-1 honestly. Liverpool completely played them of the field.
The easiest team we've played this season apart from Bournemouth. How it didn't finish at least 6-1 is beyond comprehension. What the hell has Ten Hag left behind him? :lol:

Did no one tell Ajax that we play the high line and have Trent in our team? Inexcusable shoddiness from their management. Lucky for us they're clueless. :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Does my head in, no consistency.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The easiest team we've played this season apart from Bournemouth. How it didn't finish at least 6-1 is beyond comprehension. What the hell has Ten Hag left behind him? :lol:

Did no one tell Ajax that we play the high line and have Trent in our team? Inexcusable shoddiness from their management. Lucky for us they're clueless. :lol:
This team is no worse than Ten Hag's Ajax bar the 2019 side. You guys were just up for it and have a far stronger team. People may shit on Trent here, but Ajax have Daley Blind and Devyne Rensche as backs.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Our 3 forwards were absolutely shit today, you can't win like that. Raphina didn't win a single ball against Davies, Dembele stumbled across the field and Lewy was nervous/uncomfortable. Normally he scores at least 2 goals with those chances. Gavi and Pedri were superb and Busquets still showed class. A bad score, but a good performance overall. Xavi can build on that. Starting Alonso was also the right decision, he played a good game.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
This team is no worse than Ten Hag's Ajax bar the 2019 side. You guys were just up for it and have a far stronger team. People may shit on Trent here, but Ajax have Daley Blind and Devyne Rensche as backs.
You should see who Utd have got. And they gave us a thorough rogering. We have the most obvious weakness and it's a criminal offence if it is not acted upon. To be fair they did it once and Kudus scored. So why change?

RedDevil@84

People may shit on Trent here, but Ajax have Daley Blind and Devyne Rensche as backs.
The question is whether Ajax tried to continuously put pressure from TAA's side. It is a glaring weakness in Liverpool team and any opposition team with some brains should try to exploit that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You should see who Utd have got. And they gave us a thorough rogering. We have the most obvious weakness and it's a criminal offence if it is not acted upon. To be fair they did it once and Kudus scored. So why change?
Malacia is far better than Daley Blind as leftback at this point in time.

I am better than Devyne Rensch.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
2-0 Bayern win presenting Inter with their best chance to try and knock Barca out next month:

1/10 - Inter-Roma & Maiorca-Barcelona
4/10 - Inter-Barcelona
8/10 - Sassuolo-Inter & Barcelona-CeltaVigo
12/10 - Barcelona-Inter
16/10 - Inter-Salernitana & RealMadrid-Barcelona

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thought Ajax were poor for most of that. Struggled in the first half and rarely looked comfortable.

Not a fan of Elliot in a midfield three. Leaves Trent even more exposed. His ability to switch off defensively is so damaging this season. Van Dijk hasn't been anywhere near as good either.

A front three of Salah, Diaz and Jota is the way to go for now. We look more fluid. Nunez and Firmino were both mostly terrible when they came on.

Thiago is great but it's worrying that our best midfielder will probably break down injured again in a few weeks.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
I wouldn’t mind knocking Leverlona out again

always_hoping

Who’s going to take the 2nd spot from them? Ajax hardly putting themselves forward with their performance today.
Yes that win tonight means Liverpool will finish at least 2nd in the group.

As for improvement, its the way Liverpool play and get results.. I've lost count to the amount of times they looked less than impressive yet found themselves in finals..

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yes that win tonight means Liverpool will finish at least 2nd in the group.

As for improvement, its the way Liverpool play and get results.. I've lost count to the amount of times they looked less than impressive yet found themselves in finals..
How on earth does it mean they guarantee 2nd place ? They barely beat Ajax at homeZ

They have to go away to Ajax, Host Napoli and hope they don’t choke away to Rangers.

Highly doubt Napoli are any bit scared of Pool after playing them off the park, also Ajax will gladly fancy they chances of winning at home.

It gets irritating how cocky English fans are sometimes. The same stuff was said in the spurs forum and I read them here all the time as well, it’s exhausting.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
How on earth does it mean they guarantee 2nd place ? They barely beat Ajax at homeZ

They have to go away to Ajax, Host Napoli and hope they don’t choke away to Rangers.

Highly doubt Napoli are any bit scared of Pool after playing them off the park, also Ajax will gladly fancy they chances of winning at home.

It gets irritating how cocky English fans are sometimes. The same stuff was said in the spurs forum and I read them here all the time as well, it’s exhausting.
If Ajax play the way they did today it would be a miracle if they manage to only lose by 1 goal again. If anything, it will be even worse since they will have to attack and Liverpool can just counter them into oblivio since they lack speed in midfield and in defense.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
If Ajax play the way they did today it would be a miracle if they manage to only lose by 1 goal again.
I understand but my point is how they go into groups or games with the “we already won” mindset when they have done nothing to prove that.

They may well still qualify in first place but it’s not the point.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Feels insane that someone born in 2005 (!) has scored in the comp. Where the feck did the time go?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Feels insane that someone born in 2005 (!) has scored in the comp. Where the feck did the time go?
Do I understand that this is a list of the first scorer for every year? Would have never imagined to see Passlack in such a list :lol:

always_hoping

They'll finish at least 2nd is a prediction. Won't be surprised with a Liverpool win in Amsterdam. They'll beat Rangers home and away without much trouble.

We'll see by the end of group if i call it correctly and it will have nothing to do about cockinness. BTW I'm not English nor a Liverpool supporter..

eire-red

Bit harsh on them to be fair, they've lost their best players and their manager in these last few months.

If Blind buried that header it could easily have been 2-1 and be viewed as a good away performance.

They'll probably be kicking themselves they weren't a bit tidier in moments, as Liverpool looked a bit ropey for some patches throughout though. Stick Martinez, Gravenberch, Antony, Mazraoui and Haller in that team and it could have been a different game.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
By the way...Bayerns 30 last matches in the group stage: 27 wins and 3 draws, equalling Madrids run of 30 unbeaten matches between 2012 and 2017 today.

croadyman

Bit harsh on them to be fair, they've lost their best players and their manager in these last few months.

If Blind buried that header it could easily have been 2-1 and be viewed as a good away performance.

They'll probably be kicking themselves they weren't a bit tidier in moments, as Liverpool looked a bit ropey for some patches throughout though. Stick Martinez, Gravenberch, Antony, Mazraoui and Haller in that team and it could have been a different game.
Yeah thought Daley had sucker punched

Anderson_7_

Just as I predicted, that broke club didn't know how to exploit Bayern's many weaknesses.

Liverpool have been gifted that game by useless Ajax.

Boring night.