Champions League Final: FC Internazionale Milano vs 115 Charges FC

FriedClams

We were 2nd best tonight if I'm honest. Ederson gets a lot of shit for his actual goalkeeping but a combination of him and Lukaku saw us over the line.

I'm curious to see what Inzaghi could do with a team of worldclass players because Inter were brilliant tonight, they just got Lukaku'd.
how fitting that after winning a historic treble, you posted about your plastic team on our forum.

Banana Republic

Despite some periods of possession and midfield domination, City were stifled and outplayed by Inter for the majority of this game.
Unfortunately, Inter hardly looked like scoring in a month of Sunday’s though.

Kopral Jono

After City scored yes. Before that they weren't really concerned about scoring.
I beg to differ. I thought the chances Inter created, bar Lukaku's gilt-edged chance, came from City's own doing. They played well but never really looked on top.

Bobski

[
Fekin Rio Ferdinand sucking off City like they are God's gift.

Bend over and grease yourself up while you're at it eh Rio...feck me....no mention of the cheating whatsoever.
Shameful really, the game is fecked, it was fecked before City, can go back to the Bosman ruling that effectively turned the majority of the leagues into feeder systems for a select few leagues then clubs, creating the financial disparity that attracted the parasites.

The European Cup used to be something really special, now our best hope is attracting yet more dirty money into the game to create some balance. What a farce the game has become.

BorisManUtd

1. City's CL win and treble has been coming since 2019, was a matter of when and not if.

2. They saved us from 3 Liverpool titles let's not forget.

3. We won our treble with no charges, let alone 115.

Redfan94

Absolute copium from me, but winning a treble with a core of academy players, over a core of players purchased by financial doping, any day of the week for me.

ROFLUTION

I know it’s a United forum, but let’s not forget to praise the real hard working people at City here

Congratulations to City’s lawyers for winning at CAS making this historic moment possible!

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
"The greatest story in club football"

What is actually wrong with these commentators, trying to create a 1bn pound fairytale.

padr81

Supports
Man City
how fitting that after winning a historic treble, you posted about your plastic team on our forum.
Oh calm your tits its the only forum I post on and has been for like 8 years (6 years more than you). Not like I even tried to rub it in or take the piss, just commented on the match, had a dig at Lukaku and praised Inter.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The only cope from me is that trebles today aren't as special as they were when we won in 1999. With only a handful of megateams dominating nowadays, we now see a treble winner almost every season.

siw2007

Pretty dark day for United (and Liverpool for that matter). The treble was our achievement and we now have to share that podium with City. It’s a day we’ve feared for a long time, City have threatened to win the champions league for the last 5 years.

Might sound bitter but their success isn’t as special as ours. United’s team was built around homegrown core and was a far more dramatic journey. City’s might have been all conquering but Peps had everything handed to him on a plate.

Only silver lining is that it might be mission accomplished for Pep and he rides off restoring a semblance is balance in English football.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If we end up being state owned, would a CL victory for us render itself meaningless as well? I’m genuinely curious as Id have mixed feelings myself

Nicolarra90

Casuals dont bother supporting teams, must be why I hardly notice them.
Casuals don't go to the stadium, that's why they don't fill it.
But if you do a street poll in a neutral country probably city has more "fans".

Care_de_Bobo

The ref is giving everything to City so far. yellow card challenge not even given as a foul.
It’s a shame for these players that this is such a hollow victory with all the charges hanging over the club. It’s not their fault.
Watching it on German TV and they had a long post match interview with Gundogan and he was showing about the same amount of excitement as if he'd just won a game of 5 a-side. Just feels so hollow and uninspiring, this isn't what people watch football for.

Almost feel sorry for the City players having to put up with their uninspiring fans, they almost deserve all the money they're being paid under the table for that alone. Imagine playing in a competition for a bunch of fans who boo the anthem every game. Hardly the stuff of dreams for a professional athlete.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Pretty dark day for United (and Liverpool for that matter). The treble was our achievement and we now have to share that podium with City. It’s a day we’ve feared for a long time, City have threatened to win the champions league for the last 5 years.

Might sound bitter but their success isn’t as special as ours. United’s team was built around homegrown core and was a far more dramatic journey. City’s might have been all conquering but Peps had everything handed to him on a plate.

Only silver lining is that it might be mission accomplished for Pep and he rides off restoring a semblance is balance in English football.
This isn’t bitter at all and I think 99% of neutrals would agree with you. I have family members who genuinely detest United but were cheering us on in the FA Cup final because City are such a joke.

arnie_ni

If we end up being state owned, would a CL victory for us render itself meaningless as well? I’m genuinely curious as Id have mixed feelings myself
It's not the state ownership by itself that's the issue. It's artificially inflating turnover etc etc which means they aren't on the same playing field as other teams.

big_jeffstar

Surprisingly most United fans I’ve spoken to about this seem fairly relaxed about it, considering what they’ve achieved, I think it’s because they still don’t really feel like rivals, Abu Dhabi athletic were always going to win things with unlimited resources,
If it was Liverpool I don’t think I could have handled it… I mean, imagine if this all gets overturned ffs

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Theirs isn't meaningless and ours wouldn't be meaningless either. Anybody claiming otherwise is coping long and hard.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
The ending isn't tonight.
The ending is either City get significant punishment or the other powerful clubs force some kind of breakaway league to stop them themselves.
It would be poetic, if the season after winning the treble, they are stripped of their titles and relegated.

RedDevilRoshi

Why would Liverpool be upset for Man City winning the same treble we did back in 99?

They will probably be celebrating just as much as the British media are celebrating it right now.

Stretfordender

1. City's CL win and treble has been coming since 2019, was a matter of when and not if.

2. They saved us from 3 Liverpool titles let's not forget.

3. We won our treble with no charges, let alone 115.
Just shows how the mighty have fallen when we’ve got to rely on others to save our legacy. They’ll be more success for these plastics before we get our act together. LUG

ROFLUTION

Imaging being a City supporter knowing that a guy in a turban and a dress bribed his way to success. Then imaging being a United supporter knowing that a working class hero from the docks in Scotland worked his ass off for 25 years to bring success...

I wonder who I would chose...Glory glory!
Dont be so harsh on their owner. He once attended a game in 2010 so please give credit both ways when its due.

he even gave a thumbs up

FriedClams

Oh calm your tits its the only forum I post on and has been for like 8 years (6 years more than you). Not like I even tried to rub it in or take the piss, just commented on the match, had a dig at Lukaku and praised Inter.
you sure showed me