Champions League Final: FC Internazionale Milano vs 115 Charges FC

Cloud7

Were the commentators expecting Inter to lie down? "Man City with a difficult first half", "Man City having to work hard", etc.

Don't the same comments apply to Inter? Love their off the ball commitment. Incidentally they don't seem to be showing much at all when in possession
Inter has been given very little credit throughout this entire campaign

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Inter have played fecking great.

They are lacking in quality on the ball though. They will probably get one good chance in the 90 mins and need to take it, whilst remaining sturdy to snatch a 1-0. I can't see it tbh.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Nothing game so far. Cometh the hour cometh the man... Get Lukaku on for Dzeko...

RedStarUnited

I find myself wonder how an Inter team that looks poorer than us on paper has been more competitive than us in such a huge game? Is it a case of -
  1. City being below par?
  2. Overrating United players/Underrating Inter?
  3. Better tactics/coaching?
Thoughts?
we competed too. They scored from a wonder goal first half remember. Inter are also pressing more than most of us thought they would.

IncyWincySpider

Only way Inter win this is with an own goal. They've done well but I can't see them keeping a clean sheet and I can't see them scoring.

Oscar Bonavena

I find myself wonder how an Inter team that looks poorer than us on paper has been more competitive than us in such a huge game? Is it a case of -
  1. City being below par?
Thoughts?
Well, having a team that actually challenges for every 50-50 header and tackle is a good starting point.

Mike Smalling

Moron who being thick as pig white has apparently endeared the media industry into loving him.

I too fecked my GCSEs, where's my love in?!
The English are media are incredibly invested in making him the next England superstar, but he is really quite average. I'd say he is quite fortunate to be in the City line-up.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s the hope that kills you

wangyu

Look how this poor team from the poor Serie A seems to be better than the greatest team of the EPL. How surprising (not really).

Cloud7

Maybe it’s my simplistic mind but 3 at the back seems to be a good way to counter this formation that Pep plays by having defenders that always keep Haaland outnumbered

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Haaland as a targetman, even though looked half-decent a while ago, is still not something i'm sold on.

For such a big guy, he is just bad at shielding the ball, or winning headers.

Shiva87

1. City being below par?
Thoughts?
much better goalkeeper not turning over possession to City every time he gets it. Dulls City a bit if they can’t get the ball back for 2-3 mins. Seen so often in the league as well.

playing with 2 strikers one of whom can actually with the ball in the air.

outside of that it’s very similar to the United game with City dominating the ball for 2/3rds of the pitch, and not being able to create much against a well organised defence.

unfortunately they will create 2-3 chances and the hope is that Inter score a goal.

Glorio

1. City being below par?
Thoughts?
They collectively have more physical intensity and defensive nous off the ball than the collection our players, on the other hand, they look a lot less able than us to make things happen offensively. Midtable level on the ball really (so far), and they don't look close to creating well worked chances.

I'm hoping they manage to pull a moment of magic from somewhere

Glorio

Don't know why I didn't expect Balotelli to speak good English - he actually does!

mu4c_20le

1. City being below par?
Thoughts?
Their players dont seem all that but therfes a lot of experience in there. As well as years of playing together = better cohesion and teamwork.

Dobba

1. City being below par?
Thoughts?
Their goalkeeper actually trying to save the first shot on target they had definitely helped.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Both sides have been great defensively.

Inter have prevented City from having their sustained spells of possession in their half. They've been aggressive with the press. Bit sloppy on a couple of counter opportunities. Ake and Dias and Akanji have met all challenges so far.

Inter just have to continue doing this and hope a clear chance breaks their way.

City's best chances have come from fortunate second balls, or Stones opening up midfield with his dribbling (yeah I just typed that), or Grealish and Bernando being more aggressive taking on their markers. Can't take Haaland off... My novice opinion? Overload the wings, create more space in the middle. So take off Akanji for Walker.

beer&grill

I didn't watch the Liverpool - Spurs final, is this so far a worse game?
No, it’s quite enjoying if you are rooting for Inter. I expected the game to be done by half time prior to the kick off.

Pughnichi

Are Ferdinand and Balotelli on speaking terms. They look like they’ve had a falling out. Both sat facing away and almost ignoring the other when speaking

cyberman

Haaland as a targetman, even though looked half-decent a while ago, is still not something i'm sold on.

For such a big guy, he is just bad at shielding the ball, or winning headers.
He scores a lot of goals but he is stoppable if you set up correctly. I think City would win but I’m not shocked an Italian defence is keeping him more or less quiet

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
  1. City being below par?
Thoughts?
Not as simple as this IMO. Weaker team on paper but a team which has the right players for all the roles across the pitch. We might have the right tactics but in my view we still lack the right players yet for each role.