Champions League Final: FC Internazionale Milano vs 115 Charges FC

RedDevilRoshi

Charges or no charges (and we all know they won't suffer any serious consequences) this still hurts.
What frightens me is that this could only be the beginning. Surely they will be the biggest favorites to win it again next season.
That’s my main worry as well. Tonight just reminds me of when they won their first league title back in 2012 which ended up being the catalyst to go on and win a fair few more.

kopviolator

Fair play to them. I’m not gonna be bitter. Best team in every competition they played in this season. Can’t complain.

One of the best English sides of all time no doubt about that. Maybe the best going on how they play week in week out.

Doesn’t have the magic of United in 99’ but that’s modern football for you. It’s all about the best team with the most money.
All well and good.
Except the fair play part of course

Oranges038

I'm so glad I'm not watching. How the feck is cheating your way to everything the "greatest story in the history of football"
Maybe because they went from being owned by a corrupt bankrupt Thai bilionaire to cheating their way over 15 years to a treble.

Mmm-Qatarian

Commiserations/celebrations to one side for a moment, both Onana and Ederson were exceptional tonight.

It's not even funny how far behind we are in the goalkeeper department than these guys.

ForeverRed1

Charges or no charges (and we all know they won't suffer any serious consequences) this still hurts.
What frightens me is that this could only be the beginning. Surely they will be the biggest favorites to win it again next season.
They could do another treble next year. They will strengthen again this summer. It’s depressing

Bobski

I really don't understand why the mainstream media are so far up their arse. Do they think the majority of people watching like City? 90% of viewers were probably hoping for them to lose.
Money basically, hurts the product and their bottom line if they are honest about this whole City project. If they go with the story that we are all just enduring this City period until their owners get bored or the authorities grow a spine it makes it harder to sell the product. BT and SKY don't want to lose their subscribers so everything has to be Hyperbole.

Last edited:

MoskvaRed

This City team is incredibly good (not so much tonight) and Pep is an all-time great. But journalists should drop all this “journey” bollocks with stories about Paul Dickow. A new club was created in 2008 in which an Abu Dhabi investment fund acquired the rights to use the PL membership and IP rights of a down at heel, fourth biggest in the North West football club called “Manchester City”. They have implemented that project with ruthless efficiency. But any connection with that pre-2008 entity is about as convincing as a “Rialto Bridge” in Vegas or an Asian shopping mall.

So as not to sound like Bertie Magoo, I did feel genuine sympathy for KDB tonight. To be injured out of the two biggest matches of your career is rough.

Son

1. City's CL win and treble has been coming since 2019, was a matter of when and not if.

2. They saved us from 3 Liverpool titles let's not forget.

3. We won our treble with no charges, let alone 115.
Liverpool winning 3 titles in a row would have been worse and a CL. 110%. That is nightmare fuel.

City’s cheating saved our bacon there. I do feel slightly sorry for Pool fans though… just a little :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Aye, not only were that United team the first English club to do it - they did it with a mixture of academy products and shrewd transfers. Yes, there was the odd marquee signing (Stam was £14m which was enormous back then) - but the success was down to excellent management. I'd love to know how the footballing landscape would lie in England had Fergie never retired.
Stam was 10.75m at the time, 14m must be adjusted for inflation, though it was still a big fee paid.

Care_de_Bobo

Yeah back then it felt like there were powerhouse teams all around Europe. Totally different landscape.
It's sad that all the top clubs are concentrated in the South and West as well. That Dynamo Kiev team in 1998/99 was probably the last real top team from any of Central, Northern or Eastern Europe. Sad state of affairs when you consider that so many great players have still been produced in those parts of Europe.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Commiserations/celebrations to one side for a moment, both Onana and Ederson were exceptional tonight.

It's not even funny how far behind we are in the goalkeeper department than these guys.
Pathetic how we treat the GK position like a complete afterthought rather than a critical component of the team and of the desired style of play

Son

Lots of my fellow United fans congratulating City. Tribalism dying off in the modern game?
They aren’t our main rivals are they? I guarantee if Pool won it nobody would be congratulating anyone.

Big_Bro

Congratulations city on a well deserved victory. Great team, great manager. Hoping this utd team will match and surpass whatever this city team has done. Congratulations once again on your treble.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
The general section of the caf is full of supporters from nearly all club, sucks for you. You have clear issues, if you have a problem with me using the forum put me on ignore and politely feck off.
City are the Lance Armstrong of football - enjoy your history making!

PeteManic

Let's put it into context - United were the biggest financial powerhouse in the PL in 99. They went out and bought the best available CB in Europe, the best CF they could from the PL itself and Blomqvist (ha!). United spent the most money of any PL club in the 90s and continued to do so into the 00s.

City is not much different, just on a larger scale.

edgecutter

Congratulations city on a well deserved victory. Great team, great manager. Hoping this utd team will match and surpass whatever this city team has done. Congratulations once again on your treble.
Yeah, congratulations on being cheating fecks. 115

Son

All well and good.
Except the fair play part of course
With the investment they’ve put in they were always going to win the European Cup. They should have won it the past 2 years as well in fact.

It’s almost criminal that they didn’t given their squad.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I guess that's what it must feel like when you fire up a game of Football Manager, and use the in-game editor to give yourselves loads of money and resources that you wouldn't have by default. Yeah, cool. Good job, guys. You showed them!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
And now they are praising the fans who they talk about as if they were all hard done by before the club won the lottery. Sickening.
"This is for you, 10% of our fanbase who stuck with us before Robinho"

Big Andy

Bloke
Let's put it into context - United were the biggest financial powerhouse in the PL in 99. They went out and bought the best available CB in Europe, the best CF they could from the PL itself and Blomqvist (ha!). United spent the most money of any PL club in the 90s and continued to do so into the 00s.

The context is that all of our money was self generated and not gifted to us via some rich man and used as his plaything.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So the club are not currently in negotiations for a player entering the final year of his contract at a team that have to sell for a fee somewhere in the middle of what they’d like to pay & are being told to? Call it whatever you like but what is confusing are posters like yourself who get upset about these things.
Ah, so you know the inner dealings of the process.
Awesome!
Anything else you can let us in on?

Truth is no one knows, and if we get him for £50m or less it will be a good deal for a young English international.

But to say United are being held to ransom for him? Hilarious and pathetic in all honesty :lol:

Son

We were the biggest spenders only in one season in the 90’s. Newcastle, liverpool and Blackburn spent more i believe most of those years.

I’m all for respecting what City have done but I missed the part when the class of 92 were bought by a regional superpower and we had two world class players in every position.

No need to rewrite our history to justify City’s no doubt impressive achievement.

Last edited:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Genuinely the most embarrassing 'celebrations' I've ever seen.

I've celebrated Celtic goals against St Mirren with more passion and vigour :lol:
I switched off my TV a couple of minutes after full time. So fake celebrations. Even Gundogan who is actually a „genuine“ player with emotions being on the floor after full time just looked so emotionless.

fergies coat

United didn't spend the most in the 90s and 00s. This myth needs to stop. We also couldn't compete with the rest of Europe paying big wages. The Premier league is a completely different landscape now.

Irwin99

City’s cheating saved our bacon there. I do feel slightly sorry for Pool fans though… just a little :lol:
Liverpool fans i know wanted City to win the treble and Steve McManaman could hardly contain his joy at the full time whistle. Feck 'em!

Big Ben Foster

Supports
In a shit scenario I’m just consoling myself that at least Liverpool didn’t do it when they were the self confessed bestest ever
Yeah if it was Liverpool I'd be infinitely more pissed off, but I'd probably be trying to console myself with the argument that "at least they did it the right way, unlike City".

United Hobbit

Wonder how many fans will turn out for their open top bus parade...

Especially compared to West Ham the other day and our treble...

Stretfordender

It's how things go in football though. Liverpool were dominant in 70s and 80s and then were mostly irrelevant until recently. We won 13 titles in 20 years under Fergie, it couldn't go on forever, etc etc.

I agree we need to get our act together though, that's clear. What happens in terms of ownership and transfers this summer will be really important.
I remember those days of liverpool all too well and agree it does go in cycles, but you’ve got to be in it to win it and which we haven’t been since fergie left and that’s down to the appalling way the club has been run. It’s now or never for united these parasites have to go.

eire-red

This City team is incredibly good (not so much tonight) and Pep is an all-time great. But journalists should drop all this “journey” bollocks with stories about Paul Dickow. A new club was created in 2008 in which an Abu Dhabi investment fund acquired the rights to use the PL membership and IP rights of a down at heel, fourth biggest in the North West football club called “Manchester City”. They have implemented that project with ruthless efficiency. But any connection with that pre-2008 entity is about as convincing as a “Rialto Bridge” in Vegas or an Asian shopping mall.

So as not to sound like Bertie Magoo, I did feel genuine sympathy for KDB tonight. To be injured out of the two biggest matches of your career is rough.
It's totally nauseating. City were a shit club pre takeover and this team bears no link whatsoever.

City may as well be renamed to literally anything else and it would probably have no bearing or impact on the club, fanbase or anyone remotely involved with the club.

Kopral Jono

This. Liverpool or Arsenal winning it the right way before us would've hurt more. This is the oil treble, we knew it would happen someday.
On another note, looking at City I reckon Chelsea would be kicking themselves now that they couldn't win it when they were at their absolute Abramovich peak. They had all the right ingredients as a team to win it. Now with City around, Arsenal looking like a well-run club, us on the way up and not to mention the likes of Newcastle and Liverpool, they have zero chance of winning it any time soon (or probably ever).

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

So many false statements in so few sentences :lol:

Big Ben Foster

Supports
On another note, looking at City I reckon Chelsea would be kicking themselves now that they couldn't win it when they were at their absolute Abramovich peak. They had all the right ingredients as a team to win it. Now with City around, Arsenal looking like a well-run club, us on the way up and not to mention the likes of Newcastle and Liverpool, they have zero chance of winning it any time soon (or probably ever).
It's funny how Chelsea had some powerhouse squads over the years, and yet the two times they managed to win the CL, they fluked it with relatively weak squads.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah if it was Liverpool I'd be infinitely more pissed off, but I'd probably be trying to console myself with the argument that "at least they did it the right way, unlike City".
There’s no right way for Liverpool. Ever. In my mind anyway.
I just feel ambivalent about City winning. It just felt inevitable. Like chicken and beans for dinner.
Liverpool I’d be sick as a dog right now
But that’s just me

Kammy26

No we didn’t, go educate yourself.

Eric_the_Red99

I can only assume you’re trolling, as the situations are not remotely comparable. United’s treble winning squad was built around a core of academy players - four of them started the CL final and three more were on the bench (including Jonathan fecking Greening). And the guy who scored the winner was bought for a measly £1.5m - Alan Shearer was fecking dearer, as the song goes.

Moriarty

Paid for out of money generated by the club, not handed to us by a state. We were solvent, self-sufficient, and we had a good academy. The greed of Martin Edwards took us down the PLC path which ultimately led to a leveraged buy out by a family who had no interest in the game but in how much money they could take from the club. We are nothing but a bank for the Glazer family, keeping them in a lifestyle the average United fan could only dream of. We are victims of our own success. Fergie kept on winning trophies but when his hand left the tiller, United became a device for sucking up money in commercial ventures, run by a banker whose primary aim was enriching the Glazers. See the difference now?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Swing and a miss. Go look at biggest transfers that season across Europe and where United ranked.

Real Name

Yeah.. No.