Champions League Final: Liverpool v Real Madrid | Hala Madrid!

Who do you think will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid is Real Madrid.

We haven't lost an European CL final since 1981. Yes, to Liverpool, yes, in Paris, but that's about where the fun data stops.

Madrid's record in CL finals 13/16 = 81%
Liverpool's record 6-3 = 50%

Finals lost by Madrid since 1997 = 0.
7 out of 7 won. We simply don't lose european finals.

Liverpool's record since 1997: 4. Won: 2. Lost 2.

No matter how we see data: it is consistent. On the very least we are in for an evenly matched tie, at worst, Liverpool has no hope at winning.

Real Madrid has to lose eventually a final: that's true, but my point isn't that Madrid is invincible, more so that no team is really a victim here. We are in for an evenly match.
Imagine creating an account just to jinx Madrid.

Afr1234

Supports
Real Madrid
Imagine creating an account just to jinx Madrid.
Imagine that suggesting that the best team during last century and last decade is not a victim here will somehow ruin the match.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I've been thinking for days about the fact that we've never lost a final, at least since I've been following Madrid, I only remember two defeats, the centenariazo (which for me was bittersweet as Depor is my hometown team) and an Intercontinental against Boca, I've been very lucky since Mijatovic's goal so I've decided to seek inner peace and prepare for the worst.

My consolation is that I have had a great time this season. Militao,Vini,Rodrygo,Valverde, Camavinga becoming cracks, Modric with his last flashes, Karim in ballon d'or mode and Carletto proving who he is when everyone thought he was dead. There have been great and emotional fan-team moments.
Maybe it's like a necessary hardening for their growth, like Ramos missing that penalty shootout and then being fundamental in Munich.

I went to watch the PSG game in the bar and we lost, so I watched the following games on my mobile streaming, like a poor man, and we won, until the connection failed, and I missed the two Rodrygo goals, so I think the stars don't want me to watch the game.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
I won't be surprised if Casemiro starts with the hard tackles the minute the match begins; or after the 20th minute; if the referee is any good, yellow cards will be shown early.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If we win we need to seriously consider changing our name to Revenant Madrid CF

Deery

Dreary
You won our hearts with your predictions against PSG, later confirmed them against Chelsea, proving your divinatory powers and becoming our golden calf. We eagerly await your decision for the final
I’m seeing a 2-1 Real Madrid score line, Liverpool choking and Vinicius giving Trent a horrid time.. :)

90 + 5min

I won't be surprised if Casemiro starts with the hard tackles the minute the match begins; or after the 20th minute; if the referee is any good, yellow cards will be shown early.
Does the same go for Fabinho and Thiago as example? Or Henderson and Robertson?

Sinbad the sailor

Supports
Football
Pool losing the epl title could have significance here. I don't think they'll want to finish the season without a major trophy.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is this likely to be Madrid's starting XI in the final?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Is this likely to be Madrid's starting XI in the final?

I'd want Valverde in there against Liverpool. They don't have many other options to try to compete with their energy in midfield.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Where will the battle be won by Real?

1. Defence? Holding off Salah, Diaz and Mane for 90 minutes, our 120 minutes even?

2. Midfield? Modric outrunning all our midfielders and showing his masterclass while the others keep Thiago and Keita quiet?

3. Forward? Vinicius and Benzema continuing to score one more than us?

We pretty much all know (1) ain't happening. So (2) and (3) are paramount. Personally I think Liverpool will shit their pants, like they did against Spurs, so Madrid may have an easier first half than they envisaged.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We win in the boxes and by being better at the right time

Honestly, you're the better team and unlike psg and city you won't crumble. Unless Klopp screws up like Tuchel, i don't see it

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
We win in the boxes and by being better at the right time

Honestly, you're the better team and unlike psg and city you won't crumble. Unless Klopp screws up like Tuchel, i don't see it
Klopp won't screw up but the occasion will have our players pissing their pants, at least in the first half. They shouldn't do with all the accrued cup final experience but they do.

Ancelloti will have sensed that and 2 goals from our mistakes in the first half may be the likely scenario.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Klopp won't screw up but the occasion will have our players pissing their pants, at least in the first half. They shouldn't do with all the accrued cup final experience but they do.

Ancelloti will have sensed that and 2 goals from our mistakes in the first half may be the likely scenario.
Tbf far more likely of Real messing up at the back and you taking advantage. Then just sit back and relax.

Liverpool is the better team, Real would need to jinx it as they have done all tournament long.

Corey

Does anyone know if there’s a pub in London that will be full of Real Madrid fans for the final ?

el3mel

I would like Liverpool to win this and bottle EPL. Ofcourse Real winning and Liverpool ending with just domestic cups would be hilarious, but I don't think Real Madrid can continue with lucky wins against teams dominating them for long.
What's hilarious in it ? They would have still won 2 trophies.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I would like Liverpool to win this and bottle EPL. Ofcourse Real winning and Liverpool ending with just domestic cups would be hilarious, but I don't think Real Madrid can continue with lucky wins against teams dominating them for long.
lucky is a bit harsh? It's not like they've had loads of dodgy pens and deflections.

el3mel

With the entire media creaming about them winning a quadruple, then ending with just domestic cups would be funny. Maybe you are currently in love with those lowlifes, I am not. I enjoy the smug faces of Liverpool fans smeared in tears and shame.
Huh ?

They won two trophies and fighting for the other 2 till the last game in both of them. There's nothing funny about this. They have had an incredible season regardless of what happens in the other 2 games. I'll kill to see Man United with this level of competitiveness again. I don't remember the last time I was looking forward to the end of the season with big trophies to play for.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Thank you. I haven’t heard a united fan yet wish us luck in the final. Good for you. Very refreshing.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm a bit worried because of how lazy and uninterested in football we've been since winning the CL tie against City. I get that the league was won and there's no point in getting injured and the games don't matter, but 1W2D1L and faffing about on the pitch is not ideal preparation for a CL final.

Although who knows, for other CL finals we're been really poor physically due to competing for La Liga until longer.

UTD_Since_1978

Even though City look as if they will stop Liverpool from winning the quad & indeed THE Treble I still want Madrid to win & I can't even stand Real Madrid either.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Think them missing Thiago would actually be bad for us

It's VVD that's the big one here. If he doesn't play, game on

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How do you figure this? He's our best midfielder.
He's not really dynamic though. Our midfielders struggle against dynamic players more than guys like Thiago

Although we really struggled with Verratti, too. But Thiago's not that dogged. He also usually has a big mistake or two in him in these big games

Who'd replace him anyways?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
So Madrid fans. Seems like we will probably be starting:

Allison
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Henderson Milner Keita
Salah Mane Diaz

It's likely TAA will adopt a deeper position to counter Vini. Unfortunately our midfield is piss poor so attacks are likely to come from long diagonals or down Diaz's side. You're likely to have more possession unless you want to concede possession to us as you have done with Chelsea and City?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
So Madrid fans. Seems like we will probably be starting:

Allison
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Henderson Milner Keita
Salah Mane Diaz

It's likely TAA will adopt a deeper position to counter Vini. Unfortunately our midfield is piss poor so attacks are likely to come from long diagonals or down Diaz's side. You're likely to have more possession unless you want to concede possession to us as you have done with Chelsea and City?
Nah Fabinho will be fit but Thiago is touch and go now.

I’m more worried about how many times we’ve gone behind recently. Madrid won’t be as accommodating if we do against them. We looked so leggy today as well.