Champions League Final: Liverpool v Real Madrid | Hala Madrid!

Who do you think will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bwuk

So Madrid fans. Seems like we will probably be starting:

Allison
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Henderson Milner Keita
Salah Mane Diaz

It's likely TAA will adopt a deeper position to counter Vini. Unfortunately our midfield is piss poor so attacks are likely to come from long diagonals or down Diaz's side. You're likely to have more possession unless you want to concede possession to us as you have done with Chelsea and City?
If that’s the midfield 3 Liverpool play then Madrid will win it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Nah Fabinho will be fit but Thiago is touch and go now.

I’m more worried about how many times we’ve gone behind recently. Madrid won’t be as accommodating if we do against them. We looked so leggy today as well.
I forgot about Fabinho returning. At least him, VvD and Salah have had some proper rest. My worry is Fabinho looked pretty shit just before his injury. I was actually kind of relieved he was injured (not badly obviously) because otherwise he'd never be dropped.

Modric and co will probably run rings around him anyway so maybe we need another ball player? Jones? Elliot?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
So Madrid fans. Seems like we will probably be starting:

Allison
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Henderson Milner Keita
Salah Mane Diaz

It's likely TAA will adopt a deeper position to counter Vini. Unfortunately our midfield is piss poor so attacks are likely to come from long diagonals or down Diaz's side. You're likely to have more possession unless you want to concede possession to us as you have done with Chelsea and City?
That midfield will struggle if TAA is not fully advanced. You'll need more than one route to goal I think.

Irrational.

Madrid, please do the world a favour and let these bellends finish the season with the second worst outcome considering their position last week.

choccy77

Yeah 8pm GMT. Salah's last game if you're to be believed.
Cool,

Thank god I don't have any shows or shoots on this weekend.

I'd be surprised if he stays, but maybe everyone is trolling Real Madrid this summer :lol:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
There is absolutely no chance of Milner starting this match. A half fit Fabinho or a half fit Thiago will be in there. I would even put Elliot in there. Milner is just too slow and old. Somebody Klopp doesn’t want to put in and be second guessed if it goes all to shit.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Despite their win, Liverpool looked incredible dead on their legs for large parts of the match today. They are the better team but with Madrid being more rested, I'd actually have Real as favorites.

90 + 5min

Is this thread going to become Hala Madrid thread during this week?

Hala Madrid

Dansk

Real Madrid haven't lost a CL final since 1981. They haven't lost a final of any kind (not counting those weird one-match "cups" nobody cares about, like the UEFA Super Cup) since 2013. In fact, for the last two decades, they have won 18 out of the 21 finals that they've been in. They've been in 15 CL finals and won fecking 13 of them. It's their specialty. By no means are Liverpool favored.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Real Madrid haven't lost a CL final since 1981. They haven't lost a final of any kind (not counting those weird one-game "cups" like the UEFA Super Cup) since 2013. In fact, for the last two decades, they have won 18 out of the 21 finals that they've been in. It's their specialty. By no means are Liverpool favored.
Yeah but I’ve never watched Liverpool lose a cup final in Paris, so based on that we’re clear favourites…

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Real Madrid haven't lost a CL final since 1981. They haven't lost a final of any kind (not counting those weird one-game "cups" like the UEFA Super Cup) since 2013. In fact, for the last two decades, they have won 18 out of the 21 finals that they've been in. It's their specialty. By no means are Liverpool favored.
But they are favored. I suppose City would be too if they took another route.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Is this thread going to become Hala Madrid thread during this week?

Hala Madrid
Yes I suppose it will be another panic thread hoping for Real to pull off the upset. That’s ok, let the big boys do their thing and sit back and enjoy the show. I have a feeling Madrid might give us a few issues.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool have looked poor for weeks but they’ve got away with it largely. They concede first nearly every game now. Have very sympathetic refs in England if they get another here it could be tough for Madrid.
Hard to call really maybe LFC on pens
We were rancid today. There’s a lot of room for Madrid to create against us. It really depends how they do at keeping us out, because we’ll create a fair bit as well. Could be a high scoring game.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
When was the last time that ever happened.
Very unlikely for set pieces to be the deciding factor to be honest.
Our win in 2019 was decided by a penalty and a corner. We were crap for pretty much the entirety of open play in that game.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Hala Madrid. The whole of (sane) England is behind you.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Our win in 2019 was decided by a penalty and a corner. We were crap for pretty much the entirety of open play in that game.
Oh my bad, yeah but who knows how the game would have gone had you lot not gotten that penalty (it was pretty harsh in my opinion), can't remember any other finals to be decided on set pieces as far as ny memory goes.

I feel one team would get break and then just try to sit on their advantage that's how I see it anyway.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
We were rancid today. There’s a lot of room for Madrid to create against us. It really depends how they do at keeping us out, because we’ll create a fair bit as well. Could be a high scoring game.
Our defense has been awful since November or something. Militao especially has been dreadful. Won’t keep the 0, that is for sure.

Madrids best bet is another ass-pull tbh, other than that Liverpool should be able to overwhelm us in the first half.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool

Seems like a pretty tight turnaround despite it being mild. Will be interesting to see whether we risk him. Could end up being a Kevin Durant situation if it goes wrong.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool

Seems like a pretty tight turnaround despite it being mild. Will be interesting to see whether we risk him. Could end up being a Kevin Durant situation if it goes wrong.
We've got 5 subs, if he only lasts 20 minutes then those minutes could be key. He may be out long term afterwards but a CL in the cabinet would be worth it.

That assist for Mane's goal was ridiculous. :drool: Made it look so easy but you could just imagine Henderson or Milner pulling a mental groin injury just thinking about doing that. :lol:

Kaos

I've already accepted Liverpool are winning this, so won't bother tuning in. Just relieved City managed to finish the job yesterday so we don't have to hear this quadruple nonsense forever.

Polar

I rate both City and PSG higher than RM and Liverpool (quality wise).

RM isn’t a very likeable team, but it’s probably their last dance for a while. Let the old boys players win a last trophy before they retire from the highest level.

Liverpool doesn’t deserve to win CL. They aren’t that good. The FA cup title and silver in PL and CL represents their standard. Look forward to have Liverpool supporters down on earth again.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I rate both City and PSG higher than RM and Liverpool (quality wise).

RM isn’t a very likeable team, but it’s probably their last dance for a while. Let the old boys players win a last trophy before they retire from the highest level.

Liverpool doesn’t deserve to win CL. They aren’t that good. The FA cup title and silver in PL and CL represents their standard. Look forward to have Liverpool supporters down on earth again.
You should write for a sports journal. Maybe hide your real name and just use P. Merson or G. Crooks to not raise any eyebrows on your genius.

Us Liverpool supporters are only back down on earth because we need to be in Paris next Saturday. :lol:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Be delighted if they fecked this up but good grief, I am so much more relaxed going into this now after yesterday.

If it was for the Quad it would have been un-watchable.

Now if they do it - big news for them, everyone else moves on :)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Haven’t read through this thread, so forgive me if this has been mentioned: Vinicius vs Trent is highly likely to determine the contest. I think Vinicius is going to roast him and have Klopp try and come up with contingencies that will open up the pitch for Madrid on the inside.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Haven’t read through this thread, so forgive me if this has been mentioned: Vinicius vs Trent is highly likely to determine the contest. I think Vinicius is going to roast him and have Klopp try and come up with contingencies that will open up the pitch for Madrid on the inside.
And this opening up the inside could kill us. I've seen it happen before and the likes of Kroos and Modric will give us nightmares.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Conte has given Madrid the perfect formula into taking this Liverpool team apart.

Although Don Carlo won’t play 3 at the back, he can mimic the movement with Casemiro dropping deep allowing Mendy and Carvajal to push as high and wide as possible when in possession.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think Klopp might consider Konate instead of Matip because of his pace to give TAA a bit of protection. Doubt he'll actually do it since Konate has a mistake in him from time to time and Klopp is usually risk averse in finals, but at least it's worth thinking about imo.

padzilla

Hipster
Liverpool's knockout games in Europe this season were ridiculous.
They may as well have just given them a bye to the final.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I will try to analyze this duel seeing who has the edge at every department.

Fitness levels. Has to be Liverpool. They play with an intensity I've very rarely seen in football before, pressing in all zones of the pitch until the last minute. I must say it is a joy to watch at times. Under Klopp, every player is like a warrior who runs like a possessed man behind the ball. Even though Madrid have very good fitness levels this end of the season thanks to the competent Antonio Pintus, I don't think they can push that high. Verdict: Liverpool win.

Tactical level. I think Klopp can set up Liverpool to play very different kind of games and excel in many of them. Carlo is astute and knowledgeable, of course, but under him it is mostly about playing a low block and pass the ball to Vinicius and Benzema. And even though this may sound like an oversimplification, most of you will know what I mean and agree with it. Verdict: Liverpool win.

Hunger. The way Salah said he preferred Madrid in the final reveals quite a lot. It is easy to get motivated for a CL final of course, but that extra push that makes you go beyond the limit looking for revenge, that has to belong to Klopp and the scousers now. Verdict: Liverpool win.

Experience. I was tempted to say Real Madrid in this case, but football is a very passionate game where we fans fall into the trap of our own bias. Sadly, Real Madrid count nowadays on many players who are relatively new into CL finals, such as Vinicius, Rodrygo, Camavinga, Valverde, Mendy and Militao. Too many if you ask me. Contrary to that situation, Liverpool have very recently gone through 2018 and 2019 finals and most of their key players still remain in the squad. Moreover, Liverpool have even seen experienced, talented footballers as Thiago join. Verdict: draw.

Defense: Even though both Madrid (31) and Liverpool (26) have conceded similar amount of goals this season it is easy to detect who has the most shaky defense at the moment. Indeed, different football personalities have also said it loud: Real Madrid's defense is bad. For such an attacking setup, Liverpool's defense deserves quite a lot of credit. Verdict: Liverpool win.

Midfield: Modern football is nowadays dictated by intensity, reading of the game, transitions and occupation of spaces. As a collective. I don't think many midfields can surpass Liverpool's. Madrid have remarkable players in Modric or Camavinga, excellent soloists capable of moments of sheer-brilliance the both of them, but as an orchestra, it is hard to sound as a good and overwhelming as Liverpool's midfield. Verdict: Liverpool win.

Attack: Mane, Diaz and Salah vs Vinicius, Benzema and Rodrygo. Duel of talented forwards which, no doubt, neutrals will enjoy no end. My bias for Benzema is well known in this forum, but a cold analysis of this scenario will lead most sensible fans to a more cautious and fair conclusion. Verdict: draw.

Fan support: Santiago Bernabeu can be scary in an European night, but this game will be played in Paris. Contrary to La Liga fans, Premier League fans are well known for being excellent travelers and everyone knows Liverpool will have a very supportive bunch of people at the stands. Verdict: Liverpool win.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
:lol: @GatoLoco you're such a myopic biased twunk. Except you've done it wrong. Reverse jinxes don't work this way.

But it's a good post and I agree with some of it. For experience Madrid wins it hands down. Not because of the players but because of the aura of the club.

Also in midfield you are dominantly better than us. It's my biggest concern just as defence is for you.

Edit: And hunger is a draw. Plenty of new Madrid faces need to earn their CL badge of honour and they will fight for that. On the other side of the age scale Modric, etc, will leave everything on the pitch for their farewell medal. In fact, Madrid wins this too.