Champions League Final: Liverpool v Real Madrid | Hala Madrid!

Who do you think will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ole'sattheWheel

Thinking of the big games liverpool have had lately: City in the PL & FA cup, Chelsea in the FA & League cup finals, Inter & Villareal in the CL knockouts. They were on the ropes in all of them and came out on top. Only team I trust to beat this lot are Madrid tbh, their CL semi at the Bernabeau is a perfect example of this.

It'll be close but my bias and gut makes me think Madrid will edge it

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Is Kroos expected to start? Seems like they'd be mad to play him over Camavinga or just using Valverde and playing Rodrigo to start on the right. Feels like you'll risk getting overrun if he's out there, and it's not like he can't come on at the hour mark when everyone's a bit tired.
Yes, Kroos will start I think. I think the reasoning is the Ancelotti prefers Camavinga coming on the second half against tired legs, it has worked so far but it's been painful to watch us being overrun in the first half each game. Hopefully Kroos and everyone else are going to be fully rested and as fit as possible.

JeffFromHK

as man utd fan, I hope Real Madrid win.

4 champions league gap between Liverpool and us will be the widest gap ever in our history.

BradtheAmerican

As a United supporter, I hope Liverpool win. 14 CL for government funded Madrid is just too much. Best of a bad situation

NoPace

Yes, Kroos will start I think. I think the reasoning is the Ancelotti prefers Camavinga coming on the second half against tired legs, it has worked so far but it's been painful to watch us being overrun in the first half each game. Hopefully Kroos and everyone else are going to be fully rested and as fit as possible.
Yeah, I know he's loyal, but I figured either Valverde taking his place and Rodrygo starting or Camavinga getting the nod would be worth the risk considering Liverpool are favorites and it's too easy to see current Kroos struggling with the speed of the game. He's 32, but he's played a ton of football (735 for club and country) and it just seems to have caught up with him lately. I'd be worried about Liverpool bossing the game and Kroos and Vincius having to deal with the TAA-Henderson-Salah part of the pitch in front of Mendy.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
anyone else feel that the build-up to this has been going on for weeks? I'm sure it wasn't even this bad when two PL teams are in the final. Won't be watching - I'm sure benzema will suddenly forget how to lace up his boots

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Been doing my best to avoid the occasion, but it's absolutely everywhere...even in most of the fecking cinema listings for today.

Real's run in the knockout stages is as '99 as you're going to get by modern standards, so the concept of "it's their year" is definitely there.

But, unfortunately, everytime I watch Liverpool they find some way to win. Whether it's pure graft or pure luck, they always win when I tune in.

Red_Aaron

I'll be cheering on Madrid with every ounce of strength but my head says this is a comfortable win for Liverpool. Psg, Chelsea and City should've all knocked Madrid out. Teams rarely lose focus in finals of this magnitude, I can't see the scousers making silly mistakes and they're simply a better side. Unfortunately

Knightmare7

I’m in Paris now. Liverpool fans trashed the area around the Eiffel Tower and now it’s all blocked off. Absolutely disgraceful

copen1945

anyone else feel that the build-up to this has been going on for weeks? I'm sure it wasn't even this bad when two PL teams are in the final. Won't be watching - I'm sure benzema will suddenly forget how to lace up his boots
Benzema will come through for all who think "You Never Walk Alone" is a grotesque dirge.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I’m in Paris now. Liverpool fans trashed the area around the Eiffel Tower and now it’s all blocked off. Absolutely disgraceful
Just wait until later when they’ll really start to show their true colours…

https://www.worldsoccer.com/news/liverpool-fans-branded-worst-in-europe-122549

Then you’ve got their behaviour v City in 2018, in Madrid for the final in 2019 and many other instances over the years.

What would English football ever do with the ‘loveable’ Scousers, eh?

erikcred

Im sure you sat back and relaxed when AC Milan were up 3-0 too. That team doesn't know when to quit until the referee has blown the full time whistle.

They shouldn't have got past Barcelona either on the way to the final a few years back and fought tooth and nail.
Fair point. But Real against City in that first leg first half was just like the 05 final. City were battering Real as much as Milan battered Liverpool that night in the first half. Yet destiny won out. That's what I'm counting on.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Think the problem is he's afraid of Camavinga getting booked actually. He wants to finish with him and doesn't trust him to be able to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
A quick Google shows no news of trouble. Certain areas have been cordoned off in advance and fans are obeying these rules. Thanks for your input anyway though Donald Trump. :lol:

I know it's hard to imagine fans going to CL finals, but take it from Liverpool fans we've been to many (since football was invented in 1992). We got this. :cool:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Pharmacies in Liverpool sold out of Asthma pills this week.

RopersReturn

Regardless of who wins this evening I expect Mané to open the scoring, that dead eyed look he has will freak out Courtois.

Bulldog United

Pharmacies in Liverpool sold out of Asthma pills this week.
It's been a problem since August. Apparently they've been experiencing a horrendous pollution problem in the city, but they are expecting conditions to ease off next week.... for at least a couple of months.

Bulldog United

Whatever happens tonight, we have to remember how much worse it would have been if Stevie G hadn't slipped up again and successfully prevented Liverpool from winning the Premier League.

I hope the French officials are strong tonight and don't let Liverpool players get away with their usual antics. They have a big role to play, and all the officials have to remember which country the team in red comes from throughout the match.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It's been a problem since August. Apparently they've been experiencing a horrendous pollution problem in the city, but they are expecting conditions to ease off next week.... for at least a couple of months.
Strange thing is that 11% of the population in the UK suffers from asthma while this great team has 63% of their players who need asthma pills.
I really feel for them.

gorky_utd

Whatever happens tonight, we have to remember how much worse it would have been if Stevie G hadn't slipped up again and successfully prevented Liverpool from winning the Premier League.

I hope the French officials are strong tonight and don't let Liverpool players get away with their usual antics. They have a big role to play, and all the officials have to remember which country the team in red comes from throughout the match.
Almost won it .... almost :drool::drool::drool:.

erikcred

Strange thing is that 11% of the population in the UK suffers from asthma while this great team has 63% of their players who need asthma pills.
I really feel for them.
That's scandalous, but not surprising. Is there a place where we can find these numbers for various clubs?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
With and favourite Courtois in goals and Carlo as mastermind, this might as well be Chelsea playing tonight.

Not to mention that Chelsea will get about 20 mil as part of the Hazard deal if they win tonight.

soapythecat

Madrid have rode their look doing comebacks this campaign. If Liverpool win the first half then I don’t see RM coming back this time. I expect Liverpool will be right at them from the start and it will be too much for RM and they will collapse.
Comfortable 3-0 by HT and FT winners

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Madrid have rode their look doing comebacks this campaign. If Liverpool win the first half then I don’t see RM coming back this time. I expect Liverpool will be right at them from the start and it will be too much for RM and they will collapse.
Comfortable 3-0 by HT and FT winners
No chance, I don't even think Liverpool are playing that well lately, and they keep conceding first.

What's more likely is Madrid score first and Liverpool equalise in the second half. Then who knows.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Heaven awaits. A full-force Madrid looks for its 14th Champions League at Saint Denis against the best Liverpool of recent era. Ancelotti "I combat concern by looking at my players confident faces". Klopp: "if we look at comebacks, they are favorites".

big rons sovereign

Only just past 11 am and I've already seen a couple of full kits roaming through town.
Probably looking for the nearest purveyor of lager top or shandy.