Champions League Final: Liverpool v Real Madrid | Hala Madrid!

Who do you think will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Their luck never runs out, they have been outplayed in almost every game during the knockout stage this year.

They might be the most underwhelming team to win it since Chelsea in 2012.
Indeed. It looked like they made a pact with devil to win that trophy.

C3Pique

Just watching the highlights back and I'd argue that Real even had the better chances throughout the whole game. Benzema, Casemiro and Ceballos all had 1v1s that didn't even register as shots on target, hence Pool's xG was much more imbalanced than in reality.

Elcabron

Madrid fully deserved it and I still don't know how that goal wasn't given.

Liverpool would have won the league if they had won just one of their six games against the top four. So tough luck there.

Three finals, almost four games worth due to extra time in two and they couldn't score a single goal in any.

Pool are great against the poorer teams but when they come up against a team that doesn't make mistakes then they struggle. They rely on other teams making mistakes at the back which they usually punish.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
First 20 mins had to be weathered, then the tikka taka started to wear down the press. Of course Courtois had to do his bit, but Salah seemed to lack some sparkle. Enjoyed match in an Italian pub. Most cheered on Madrid.

RedCurry

You’ll never wa*k alone. Alone. Get in, RM!
No matter how much I revel in Liverpool losing this final, I will not be able to make fun of YAWN for atleast a year or so after they sang that for Ronaldo at Anfield which I think was a classy move from their fans.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Really have a strange dislike for Laurence McKenna, seems so smug and acts like he knows so much about football so great to see his live reaction....

Kopral Jono

Their luck never runs out, they have been outplayed in almost every game during the knockout stage this year.

They might be the most underwhelming team to win it since Chelsea in 2012.
Outplayed? You must be joking. This Real side are set up exactly to be reactive instead of proactive -- there are many ways to play football! The only time they rode their luck a bit was second leg against City. They've been masterful at taking opportunities when given to them and this ultimately comes down to experience at the highest level and mental strength, not luck.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Why is that an offside goal? There was a last player there who’s definitely still pretty much involved in play. What’s the rule?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Why is that an offside goal? There was a last player there who’s definitely still pretty much involved in play. What’s the rule?
Needs to be two players.

A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent.

always_hoping

Last night

Possession
Liverpool 54%
Real Madrid 46%

Shots on target
Liverpool 9
Real Madrid 2

CL final 2019

Possession
Liverpool 35%
Tottenham 65%

Shots on target
Liverpool 3
Tottenham 8

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Just watching the highlights back and I'd argue that Real even had the better chances throughout the whole game. Benzema, Casemiro and Ceballos all had 1v1s that didn't even register as shots on target, hence Pool's xG was much more imbalanced than in reality.
I was thinking about this for a while and not just in this game.

In this final Liverpool of course had good chances but xG registers only shots, which means pretty much every shot counts, no matter how hopeless they are, while players being inches away from hitting the ball in a face to face vs the goalkeeper do not.

It's one of those things which are not being paid enough attention in post match analysis really.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Needs to be two players.

A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent.
So that last player was the “goalkeeper” then? I see.Thanks.

PoTMS

Cards on the table: liverpool will win. The heart says we win but the brain says there's no chance in hell. They're better, it's one game, we don't have the bernabeu pushing us into the land of magic and miracles...

A step too far this
Liverpool are a way too well drilled machine. I hope I get this wrong, but I just cannot see Madrid getting a result here against a mature side at the top of their game coached by one of the two best coaches in in the world.

It will be hard, but a day always comes when everything comes to an end.

Good night and good luck.
I mean, I did say city were better and could absolutely destroy us. But I was cautiously optimistic we had a chance

Not this time. Unless they lose VVD and Fabinho within the first 10 minutes of the game, good night and good luck y'all
Well played lads! :devil:

Ace_Ventura

I don't like the disrespect that was shown to Toni Kroos during the match, he smothered things in the front of the 18 yard box. The Liverpool press didn't bother him, one of the reasons why Madrid were so effective on the counter.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Is that 5 meant to represent every minute of football he’s played this season?
Almost :D Transfermarkt says 7 minutes in Champions League this season overall. 3 Minutes vs PSG and 4 minutes vs Chelsea, all of them away from home.

GlasgowCeltic

can't believe how quickly Real have moved on from Varane and Ramos, didn't think Alaba had this level in him as a CB

Smacky The Frog

Really have a strange dislike for Laurence McKenna, seems so smug and acts like he knows so much about football so great to see his live reaction....
Haven't watched the channel in a while, but there's absolutely nothing strange about disliking McKenna. I mean all the Kick Off guys suck in their own unique ways, but at least the others don't have this completely unearned air of superiority, self-seriousness and condescension about them that he brings. Guy carries himself as some sort of footballing scholar, an objective truth teller who's above the fray, while providing absolutely zero evidence he knows anything about the game beyond your standard Liverpool supporting moron. Absolute wanker and probably my least favourite football "fan personality" since Moh from Arsenal Fan TV.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Haven't watched the channel in a while, but there's absolutely nothing strange about disliking McKenna. I mean all the Kick Off guys suck in their own unique ways, but at least the others don't have this completely unearned air of superiority, self-seriousness and condescension about them that he brings. Guy carries himself as some sort of footballing scholar, an objective truth teller who's above the fray, while providing absolutely zero evidence he knows anything about the game beyond your standard Liverpool supporting moron. Absolute wanker and probably my least favourite football "fan personality" since Moh from Arsenal Fan TV.
He is really bad and makes up so much stuff and when called out by someone who has a different interpretation he acts like they've called his mother a c**t. Really odd character, I do enjoy McKola winding him up though.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
can't believe how quickly Real have moved on from Varane and Ramos, didn't think Alaba had this level in him as a CB
To be fair I think Real Madrid could have been playing with Utd's squad this season and still beaten Chelsea, City and Liverpool to the CL. In fact they could have brought back Figo, Fat Ronaldo, Ramos, Marcello, etc, and still done it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Very accurate description of him to be fair.

RedDevilQuebecois

I don't like the disrespect that was shown to Toni Kroos during the match, he smothered things in the front of the 18 yard box. The Liverpool press didn't bother him, one of the reasons why Madrid were so effective on the counter.
Yeah, well, the thing is that he looked really slow and out of it for a huge chunk of the first half. Liverpool could easily have scored one or two goals in that period.