Champions League Final: Liverpool v Real Madrid | Hala Madrid!

Who do you think will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goptun

Na, you said City have a better chance to win, then said "they" tend to bottle it. If someone tends to bottle it how would they have a better chance to win?
Becos they are a better team than Real Madrid on paper? Is it that much of a headfeck?! I was quite obviously unconvinced by City, as made clear by the "I think?" when evaluating them due to their bottling tendencies. Bottling something isn't tangible, though, hence why City were favourites by most to beat Madrid and get to the final.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I think that Liverpool have a better team than Madrid but there's just something about Madrid's run to the final (I thought that they would get knocked out by all 3 opponents :lol:) that makes me think that they may just do it.

It's nearly "Name written on the trophy" territory.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Unfortunately, it'll be the scousers and they'll win the quadruple. It's guaranteed, book it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How on a United site is this poll only 53/47 Madrid.

Who wants pool to win this????

Ahh I see it's who do you think will win not who do you want to win.....
Because people vote on what they think will happen, not what they want to happen.

Also, jinxes!

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I think its fair to say that Liverpool are the favorites in the final.
For Madrid, the best situation going into the final would be if both City & Pool win all their remaining EPL games and Pool lose the FA cup final. That way we would be facing a mentally exhausted and demoralized Liverpool side. Then their desperation to win the CL final might hurt their natural game - rushing into tackles, giving away foolish freekicks, dragging their shots wide, etc.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Have you seen their opponents? Talking about luck when the dippers have had the easiest road to the final I’ve ever seen. The lack of self awareness is quite significant with you.
Madrid have done amazingly well but it makes absolutely no sense when watching their games.

Liverpool won 6/6 in group of death. Beating AM home and away. Not the toughest route but comfortably one of top-2 best teams in Europe so getting to the final was always a decent possibility.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Ahh I see it's who do you think will win not who do you want to win.....
Since a few weeks I've been surprised by the amount of hype and admiration Manchester City and Liverpool get on this forum and the talk about them being the best clubs in the world.

Every single time we play either PSG and Manchester City people make them favorites against us, we always eliminate and yet a lot of people in here keep on talking about how beautiful football they play and stuff like that.

On the other hand I'm not so confident in defeating Liverpool and they're rightfully favorites but it will a mistake if they go out on the final underestimating Real Madrid.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Since a few weeks I've been surprised by the amount of hype and admiration Manchester City and Liverpool get on this forum and the talk about them being the best clubs in the world.

Every single time we play either PSG and Manchester City people make them favorites against us, we always eliminate and yet a lot of people in here keep on talking about how beautiful football they play and stuff like that.

On the other hand I'm not so confident in defeating Liverpool and they're rightfully favorites but it will a mistake if they go out on the final underestimating Real Madrid.
If Klopp didn't underestimate Spurs in the final, he certainly won't underestimate Real friggin Madrid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think its fair to say that Liverpool are the favorites in the final.
For Madrid, the best situation going into the final would be if both City & Pool win all their remaining EPL games and Pool lose the FA cup final. That way we would be facing a mentally exhausted and demoralized Liverpool side. Then their desperation to win the CL final might hurt their natural game - rushing into tackles, giving away foolish freekicks, dragging their shots wide, etc.
Honestly, our best chance is if Alisson, VVD, Robertson and Fabinho pick up injuries and miss the game :lol:

Xanther

Learning yesterday that Madrid have lost a European Cup final to Liverpool before has changed my stance. I know it doesn't make sense given that it was ages ago. I was already leaning towards a Liverpool win, they're just too strong for anyone right now and they're not the underdogs anymore. Madrid don't have the physicality to stage late comebacks against a team that is so strong on the counter

Thankfully I think City will win the PL and stop the quadruple. We're actually about 6 games from history being made, these mad lads could actually do it.

Also kind of funny how no-one really talks about playing Chelsea in the FA Cup final, like it's not even worth a debate that they could lose that :lol:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Almost like Klopp got knocked out by that same Madrid team in last year's CL and was tactically clueless over the tie uh
Almost like Nat Philips and Kabak started that game uh?

Also, not due to underestimating Real, they were simply better than LFC last year due to obvious reasons. Your reply makes no sense in terms of what I commented here.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Almost like Nat Philips and Kabak started that game uh?

Also, not due to underestimating Real, they were simply better than LFC last year due to obvious reasons. Your reply makes no sense in terms of what I commented here.
Surely these two CBs aren't the sole reason why Liverpool couldn't manage to be threatening over 180 minutes with their starting fullbacks,midfield and attackers right?

Obvious reasons such as? Madrid was way more injury riddled than Liverpool last season and the fitness of their starting players was also quite horrible

Cri

Supports
Real Madrid
"PSG will knock out RM easily, Messi | Neymar | Mbappe are too much for them to handle"
"No way they'll eliminate Chelsea, their luck will end here"
"City will dismantle them, just look on how much space they leave when they try to get a goal, Foden and Gabriel Jesus will eat them alive"

Let's not forget Real Madrid had no problems knocking out Liverpool last year. Of course, their CB's were injured, but Ramos/Varane were too, also in 2nd leg, Valverde played as RB. :lol:

Klopp will play a high line for sure against Real Madrid, that's perfect for Vinicius's pace.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly, our best chance is if Alisson, VVD, Robertson and Fabinho pick up injuries and miss the game :lol:
And even then I trust the rest of the Liverpool squad to pick up the slack. :wenger:
They don't lack for effort at all.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Salah is talking a lot. These things are best said when you have already won. At the moment it only leads to motivate the other team more.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Despite the strong, passionate reactions of the fans of rival clubs such as Everton, Man Utd, Barcelona or Atlético, this is certainly the most interesting final since 2017. 2019 was ruined by Spurs being there; 2020 looked great on paper but was an utter disappointment (the kind of match that ruins football); and 2021 was only mildly interesting because of Pep being there (lost).

But, oh boy, 2022, pure hype, 2018 revisited, just a lot better: will Madrid score first or will they be forced to make (yet) another dramatic comeback? Will Liverpool get their revenge for 2018? Or will Klopp bottle this?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry, it's not possible to control such stuff before the game.

Better to focus on the game itself.

:D

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Salah is talking a lot. These things are best said when you have already won. At the moment it only leads to motivate the other team more.
He usually spits in the sky and it falls on his face. Hoping for the same this time round.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Meanwhile... :lol:

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
What baffles me about this is were was all this talk before our meeting in quarterfinal last season? But the more he talks the better for us.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hear we're asking UEFA to allow Alaba to bring the chair...

padr81

Supports
Man City
Salah really needs to reign it in, for a nice guy he's talked some arrogant shit about Real lately. Whilst I fully expect Liverpool to end the game before half time, all this talk of revenge is not gonna look good if they get turned over.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Real will win after seeing Liverpool's struggles against Villareal, Inter and today Tottenham..

PoTMS

What is the best way for Real to approach this? Soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter? Problem is they are nowhere near as good as Conte's Spurs at defending.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What is the best way for Real to approach this? Soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter? They are nowhere near as good as Conte's Spurs at defending.
Vinicius vs Trent will be interesting to watch.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
What is the best way for Real to approach this? Soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter? Problem is they are nowhere near as good as Conte's Spurs at defending.
We suck at defending but guess that is the way to go, low block and try to hit them on the counter.

The way Villarreal played (1st half) is imo the best way, but we ain’t got the legs or organised press.

Counter + some more dark magic hopefully.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I think much will depend on fitness levels. Real Madrid will now enter in some kind of pre-season lasting 21 days with Ancelotti having all players involved so they can rest properly without losing competitive pace. Pintus is well known for making Madrid squad reach the top of physical condition just at the end of the season.

It will be interesting to see if the remaining games affect Liverpool in terms of fatigue. I saw them a little bit surpassed in the second half vs Spurs.

In that case it might balance things out.

allen7

I think much will depend on fitness levels. Real Madrid will now enter in some kind of pre-season lasting 21 days with Ancelotti having all players involved so they can rest properly without losing competitive pace. Pintus is well known for making Madrid squad reach the top of physical condition just at the end of the season.

It will be interesting to see if the remaining games affect Liverpool in terms of fatigue. I saw them a little bit surpassed in the second half vs Spurs.

In that case it might balance things out.
Yeah someone here said Liverpool will have the match rhythm due to they fighting on all comps while real wouldn’t have that having clinched the title already. But from today’s result its clear they are going to be tired and down with confidence, if chelsea win the FA cup final then I don’t think liverpool has any chance of winning the UCL this year.
Right now its a 50/50 tie but it depends on FA cup. So the refs/VAR will try their best to make liverpool win that like they did for carabao cup. :lol:

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I saw them a little bit surpassed in the second half vs Spurs.
Yes I agree, they looked "weaker" that at any other time this season directly after the Spurs goal.

It may be in their favor that City win tomorrow so they can prioritize their cup finals.

I think you will go into the Final in better shape if the league goes to the final day.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Salah really needs to reign it in, for a nice guy he's talked some arrogant shit about Real lately. Whilst I fully expect Liverpool to end the game before half time, all this talk of revenge is not gonna look good if they get turned over.

Added to the fact that he hasnt been in the top 100 players in Europe(Their worst consistent starter?) in 2022 and it's a bad look for him.

Afr1234

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid is Real Madrid.

We haven't lost an European CL final since 1981. Yes, to Liverpool, yes, in Paris, but that's about where the fun data stops.

Madrid's record in CL finals 13/16 = 81%
Liverpool's record 6-3 = 66%

Finals lost by Madrid since 1997 = 0.
7 out of 7 won. We simply don't lose european finals.

Liverpool's record since 1997: 4. Won: 2. Lost 2.

No matter how we see data: it is consistent. On the very least we are in for an evenly matched tie, at worst, Liverpool has no hope at winning.

Real Madrid has to lose eventually a final: that's true, but my point isn't that Madrid is invincible, more so that no team is really a victim here. We are in for an evenly match.

Last edited: