Champions League Fixtures, Nov 6th/7th

Ban

Post match comments " They only made 2 shots, the grass was green, the wind was strong and I smoked all the weed".
Only one team wanted to play football and then his weird laugh.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Okay so we didn’t win any games undeservedly since we deserved to win against Spurs. Thanks for clarifying that.
I don't think you understand the implications of 'deserve'. It alludes to justice and fairness. If the game was officiated fairly then Spurs would have had a penalty in Injury time meaning a 75% chance of a draw. Playing well does not allow one to not play by the rules of the game

Spurs would've had to score their penalty and City did have a penalty and missed it. Yes they got lucky with a couple decisions in those games but it's disingenuous to claim they gifted points. By that same token they should have beaten Arsenal
They were absolutely gifted points against Spurs, that would have been a penalty in the final kick of the game and a 75% chance of a draw. Liverpool's onside goal was called offside with plenty of time for the game to change against Arsenal. A very different situation.

City is more debatable, but City were denied multiple penalties. It looked as if the referee was so reluctant to give a penalty at Anfield and eventually caved in with overwhelming evidence.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think you understand the implications of 'deserve'. It alludes to justice and fairness. If the game was officiated fairly then Spurs would have had a penalty in Injury time meaning a 75% chance of a draw. Playing well does not allow one to not play by the rules of the game

They were absolutely gifted points against Spurs, that would have been a penalty in the final kick of the game and a 75% chance of a draw. Liverpool's onside goal was called offside with plenty of time for the game to change against Arsenal. A very different situation.

City is more debatable, but City were denied multiple penalties. It looked as if the referee was so reluctant to give a penalty at Anfield and eventually caved in with overwhelming evidence.
Wow. Just wow.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Lots of credit to the Red Star manager here, the defensive organization is spectacular.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
This is pathetic. They should all be made to walk home and pay for the travelling fans’ plane tickets.

CognitiveNeuro

Jesus Christ you are going full RAWK, they have dropped 4 points in the league they arent awful.
I said they played awful for most of the season. Performance does not equal results you tool.

Palace - Got flukey penalty to win the game
Brighton - 1-0 game they scraped but was pretty even
Spurs - Spurs should have a legit penalty in the last minute where Son was tripped
Lost against Chelsea
Chelsea - Sturridge late wonder goal papered over being outplayed
Lost against Napoli
City - Mahrez missed a late penalty and City should have won
Huddersfield - flukey 1-0 win where they were outplayed
Arsenal

Again you can play awful and win games...that's why I said "it was about time it caught up to them". Please read and comprehend things properly.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I said they played awful for most of the season. Performance does not equal results you tool.

Spurs - Spurs should have a legit penalty in the last minute where Son was tripped
Lost against Chelsea
Lost against Napoli
Arsenal

Again you can play awful and win games...that's why I said "it was about time it caught up to them". Please read and comprehend things properly.
Sigh okay whatever lad, the team in 2nd place is awful you win.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Only one team wanted to play football and then his weird laugh.
"Too much noise on the stadium, the Nations League is a joke, we were playing against the wind"

Vadim

Why does Milner play so much? Injuries to better players?

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe

Lost against Chelsea
Lost against Napoli
Arsenal

Geez dude calm down.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Lost against Chelsea
Lost against Napoli
Arsenal

They've been fortunate on a few occasions this season, sure, but you could hardly call their general performances awful.

Unless you are referring to Fabinho and Keita specifically, in which case I make right.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:lol:
United offside goal.
"Pogba cost 100 million, Neymar 200 million, I don't want to say nothing but I only want to improve my players"

Vadim

Liverpool’s football is far too slow. If this was Utd you wouldn’t stop hearing “it’s too slow, it’s too slow.”

RORY65

We were last year!
I know people don't like xG but the stats do suggest that Liverpool are flattered to be as close to top as they are: https://understat.com/league/EPL (it's worrying that we're doing better in terms of points than our performances apparently). Last season as well our stats were mad, we picked up 19 points more than would be expected and using that metric we would have finished 4 points ahead of Palace.