Champions League Gameweek 1 - 19/09 and 20/09

Reddevildans

The quality of European sides has never been so low. Apart from a few very good to potentially world class players here and there, there's a big lack of talent compared to even 10 years ago.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Leao could have had the winner for Milan. Tryna be to clever

Sylar

This is what I expected from Newcastle away
It's not gonna be good viewing at all

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Newcastle be buzzing with a draw here. Been 2nd best all game

Ludens the Red

This is one of the worse CL games I’ve seen in a long time. The quality from both is atrocious. Newcastle at doing anything. Milan as soon as they hit the final third. Isnt Rafael Leao meant to be good?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is one of the worse CL games I’ve seen in a long time. The quality from both is atrocious. Newcastle at doing anything. Milan as soon as they hit the final third. Isnt Rafael Leao meant to be good?
Yes but you're seeing why he isn't yet world class. You can see the talent, the speed, the dribbling but he doesn't always get it together at the same time.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Good result for the toon. Reckon they can win all their home games.

Hoof the ball

Are modern footballers in general just much worse at long shots than they used to be? There's always a greater than 80% chance that it's going over the bar.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
This Milan Newcastle result should be good news for Dortmund

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One way traffic pretty much all game but a few brain dead decisions by Milan in the final third.

AndyMUFC

Good result for Newcastle, even more so as in the circumstances as a better side than Milan would've put a few past them tonight.

Not a massive amount of quality on show though.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Terrible lineup from Dortmund. 5-3-2 with 6 defensive players and no center forward despite having Haller, Füllkrug and Moukoko on the bench.

Terzic is a coward.

Andy 1892

Supports
Newcastle
That was pretty much our defacto Big Team away performance from last season. Happy with the result, and fairly confident we'll do them at SJP where we'll hit them with the high energy press.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Are BT not doing the goals show any more with Jame Richardson?

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
That was pretty much our defacto Big Team away performance from last season. Happy with the result, and fairly confident we'll do them at SJP where we'll hit them with the high energy press.
A big away point and I'll take it but tbh we're lucky to escape with a point after that performance. Nearly (not quite, but nearly!) Bruce-ian transition on display. Milan are Milan of course but we looked 2nd best for almost all the game, bar a bright start.

Also still really shocking Burn wasn't upgraded in the summer. I would have thought a proper LB in to balance out Trippier on the right would have been a priority over one of either Tonali or Barnes.