Champions League - GW5

AndySmith1990

Is there a rulebook? Do refs read it? Do they even care? The decisions being made are all over the place

Idxomer

This is more of a penalty than other handballs that have been given in the CL. He moves his arm to play the ball and gains a clear advantage. It's also clearly not in a natural position.

Tingen

I am sure there was a teams call between the officials and UEFA earlier today that just saved Copenhagen

Zen

Bayern are appealing at the whistle as if they give a feck.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What on earth is going on??

That’s more of a penalty than ones we’ve conceded in the CL this season :houllier:
None of the penalties in the Copenhagen game a few weeks ago should have been given either. But yeah, the inconsistent application of the rules is maddening.

always_hoping

Nine times out of ten bayern beats Copenhagen at home just typical they didn't tonight and to rub salt into the wounds a hand ball is not given as penalty in this group.

So after that draw.

United can now only go through by beating Bayern and hoping Galatasary and Copenhagen finishes in a draw.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yep. 2 shots on target the whole game. The slimy cnuts aren’t even trying at their own ground.
Disadvantages of an earlier game. Teams can screw other teams over. If they needed to win to go through they’d win that game about 5/6-0

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
It has nothing to do with her being a woman but that has been one of the worst refs in recent history. How is she allowed in a CL match?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Copenhagen v Galatasaray will be interesting. Big reward for one of them

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Bellingham is truely a phenomenal player.

Gives the assist for the fourth goal.

4-2

Zen

I reckon it's gonna be Sunderland 11/12 levels of fluke disappointment again for United...... miraculously beat a non-caring Bayern, Copa-Gala drawing until the 98th minute, you heard it hear first.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bellingham is truely a phenomenal player.

Gives the assist for the fourth goal.

4-2
He put it on a plate for Rudiger earlier in the game but great save and then nearly made it 3-2 and Joselu bottled the rebound almost open net. He was impeccable again.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I reckon it's gonna be Sunderland 11/12 levels of fluke disappointment again for United...... miraculously beat a non-caring Bayern, Copa-Gala drawing until the 98th minute, you heard it hear first.
Yeah, I reckon there will be a few twists and turns before the inevitable sucker punch

Heinzesight

You just fecking know it. Would be the cherry on top.

PoTMS

Bayern have not been great this campaign either despite their impressive points accumulation. They've been lucky in more than a few games. We'd be right up there with them were it not for that bumbling idiot in our goal.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Copenhagen have been carried through two matches by VAR now.

I honestly do not know what the handball rules are supposed to be now but to me, seeing what the Copenhagen player was doing, I don’t think it was a penalty tonight.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Bellingham is something else.

Joselu too but for different reasons :lol:

CoopersDream

Well, the ball can hit the arm if the contact is high enough. This clearly was a very high contact and could easily be argued that it shouldn't be a hand ball because of that. Yesterday the ball hit the Newcastle player on the elbow, not the same.

JagUTD

Zero possiblity of Bayern not caring for this game. Full strength, complete focus 200% mentality.

They'll be replaying clips of the 99 final before kick off, having legends walk in and tell them about the pain of losing and how ever meeting since is a an opportunity for revenge. Wheeling out little Johnny Hoffmeister who was just 4 when the game took place and has been crying efficiently ever since.

United never get to play the second string, let alone Bayern's second string.

Lexicon Red Devil

The standard of officiating is really in the toilet, how that penalty didn't get given after the penalties given against United in this same group is scandalous. They can't just change the rules when it suits them, all we want is consistency.

Lyng

I honestly do not know what the handball rules are supposed to be now but to me, seeing what the Copenhagen player was doing, I don’t think it was a penalty tonight.
I agree but that has been given in the champions league several times so far, and now suddenly it's not. It's those inconsistencies that are killing the game.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Well, the ball can hit the arm if the contact is high enough. This clearly was a very high contact and could easily be argued that it shouldn't be a hand ball because of that. Yesterday the ball hit the Newcastle player on the elbow, not the same.
This was arm then body, yesterday was body then arm. This was imo way more a penalty than yesterday.
That the VAR intervened after 3 possible (soft) penalties before where he didnt intervene was ridiculous.