Champions League - GW6 - 12/12 and 13/12

TheGame

Tuesday 12th December 2023

GROUP A
  • FC Copenhagen v Galatasaray (8pm)
  • Manchester United v Bayern Munich (8pm)
GROUP B
  • Lens v Sevilla (5.45pm)
  • PSV Eindhoven v Arsenal (5.45pm)
GROUP C
  • 1. FC Union Berlin v Real Madrid (8pm)
  • Napoli v Sporting Braga (8pm)
GROUP D
  • FC Red Bull Salzburg v Benfica (8pm)
  • Inter Milan v Real Sociedad (8pm)

Wednesday 13th December 2023

GROUP E
  • Atlético Madrid v Lazio (8pm)
  • Celtic v Feyenoord (8pm)
GROUP F
  • Borussia Dortmund v Paris Saint Germain (8pm)
  • Newcastle United v AC Milan (8pm)
GROUP G
  • Red Star Belgrade v Manchester City (5.45pm)
  • RB Leipzig v Young Boys (5.45pm)
GROUP H
  • FC Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk (8pm)
  • Royal Antwerp v Barcelona (8pm)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So United have to beat Bayern and hope for a draw in the other game?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Going to the Copenhagen-Galatasaray match tonight. Can’t wait, the atmosphere will be amazing and everything’s in play.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
That Bakayoko looks quality for PSV. Rinsed Arsenals FB all halve.

Santos J

Great penalty but how the feck has that not been overturned

marktan

This is something that I hate - Arteta bringing on Rice and Odegaard in a complete dead rubber. Manager's complain about fixture congestion and then do nothing to rest players.

I think in the PL only Pep and De Zerbi are any good at rotating players, then the likes of Klopp and Arteta are surprised when their teams run out of steam in the second half of the season

TheRedHearted

This is something that I hate - Arteta bringing on Rice and Odegaard in a complete dead rubber. Manager's complain about fixture congestion and then do nothing to rest players.

I think in the PL only Pep and De Zerbi are any good at rotating players, then the likes of Klopp and Arteta are surprised when their teams run out of steam in the second half of the season
Yep. It’s disgusting he threw them on at all. Maybe just so we can see Frederick Oppegard play against Martin Odegaard? Now that’s a type of shit housery I’d get behind

PoTMS

Typical. Seville get dumped out of Europe completely the season Liverpool are in it.

PoTMS

Sevilla are in a relegation scrap right now. They aren't close to what they have been. They've only won 4 games all season out of 24 games.
I swear they were in a similar form when we drew them last season. And then they bummed us without lube.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Nice, Union leading v Real, immediately after Modric fecked up a pen! Won't last of course. They had ~22% possession at home :lol:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Alaba has gifted like 8 goals this season :lol: Our best chance in the CL is him picking up an injury because Carlo won’t bench him.

Weird to not rest any players, Fede already mentioned running on fumes. This is the perfect game to rest the important players.

Just get through this without injuries or suspensions, result doesn’t matter.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Alaba has gifted like 8 goals this season :lol: Our best chance in the CL is him picking up an injury because Carlo won’t bench him.
Good, good. I can't stand him doing well for you cnuts :D

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Good, good. I can't stand him doing well for you cnuts :D
He did great that first season where we won the CL. But this season he has been out of it. Maybe tired, dunno. But I’d surely bench him when we get Militao back. But knowing Carlo…

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Getting tense now. What great drama coming up in the second half

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Really not a great game from us. Sané's decision making has been shite.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Really not a great game from us. Sané's decision making has been shite.
In the first half when he did that give and go with Musiala and he ran directly into the box, was he just off balance in the end? Why did he try and pass it back instead leathering it? Seemed like a certain goal.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Has Tuchel been an upgrade on Nagelsmann?
I don't see it tbh. He somewhat stopped the free fall that started after the WC in early 23, but we almost never looked great or entertaining anymore, and still crashed out of the German cup again in embarassing fashion.

Traub

Bayern look like a tier below this season. Not convinced they have what it takes to win the champions league this year. Although no team is great at the moment

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That’s awesome for Copenhagen. Brilliant achievement.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Free beer for Copenhagen fans.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Massive congratulations to Copenhagen. Well deserved and at a fraction of the budget. Incredible achievement

padr81

Supports
Man City
4 academy players on the pitch for 2nd half in the CL, if we do get booted outta the PL the academy can carry us back. Micah Hamilton has stepped up well for his debut.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
3 goals in 5 minutes in the Leipzig-Bern match (1-0, 1-1, 2-1) :D

Zen

Phillips just isn't built for this at all. He's done nothing wrong really, but it just feels like he's in the way a lot of the time in the build up.... but then again, given Pep's made that clear publicly, maybe he doesn't care to try anyway, wouldn't blame him if he's doing what he has to to get 90 minutes in the shopping window.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Phillips just isn't built for this at all. He's done nothing wrong really, but it just feels like he's in the way a lot of the time in the build up.... but then again, given Pep's made that clear publicly, maybe he doesn't care to try anyway, wouldn't blame him if he's doing what he has to to get 90 minutes in the shopping window.
Way out of his depth, lost his man for the goal back and played 3 terrible passes that put Red Star in, if he wasn't done before tonight, no way he comes back from this performance. Fish out of water, u21's showing him up. I feel for him a bit cause his confidence is destroyed and when he does get a chance looks like he's trying too hard.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
The buzz in St. James' Park is palpable, even through the TV screen. Night and day between that and OT.

Feels like watching a club come to life at this level on one hand and the dying embers of a once-elite club on the other.