Champions League Knockouts (12 Aug - 23rd Aug)

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Not sure what they're on about, high line game after game. This is how Bayern plays almost every team in the Bundesliga.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's going to be an exciting final, I can see PSG punishing Bayern with Neymar finding his long-lost shooting boots.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Very flattering scoreline. Lyon fecked up massively at 0-0 and shouldve made ot a match at 2-0.

Untd55

I think PSG will win if Bayern play like that defensively. They could have conceded 6 or 7 in the last 2 games. I don't think Neymar, Mbappe, and Di Maria will miss those chances.

edcunited1878

Be interesting if the run out for Pavard, although brief, brings him back into contention for the starting XI and pushes Kimmich to CM along side Goreztka, while pushing Thiago to the bench.

If Bayern don't clean up their shape at the back when pressing or attacking forward, PSG will pick them apart and you would think take at least a couple chances Lyon had tonight.

Fussball13251

Who cares. They won as predicted... 3:0. With Leroy Sane in the team next season the attack will be stronger. Goals win the games.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Very flattering scoreline. Lyon fecked up massively at 0-0 and shouldve made ot a match at 2-0.
Tend to disagree, one could clearly see that Lyons power-hungry style cost them, lack of precision in attack as result. On the other hand, bayern looked like playing not all-out and able to crank up a bit if necessary.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not sure what they're on about, high line game after game. This is how Bayern plays almost every team in the Bundesliga.
Apparently some only discovered that last week, which still baffles me.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern are so bloody good in attack. It feels strange that they do not score more in the Bundesliga given that the defending is not the best and other teams score a lot too.
We almost broke the record for the most goals in one season with 100 goals in 34 games. The record is 101, achieved by us somewhere in the 70s.

I really, really didn't think that we would do so good after Robben and Ribéry.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tend to disagree, one could clearly see that Lyons power-hungry style cost them, lack of precision in attack as result. On the other hand, bayern looked like playing not all-out and able to crank up a bit if necessary.
I agree there were moments in the first half where they should have calmed themselves down instead of trying to play faster than they can handle themselves. There was a poing where I told myself that the leadership of players like Junihno or Edmilson would have been useful tonight. Interestingly panic has been the common theme for Barcelona and Lyon against Bayern.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
They're running their Club in professional way.
That's more complicated than that. Most german players [EDIT : or players in germany] dream of playing for Bayern since it's THE german club with a direct access to the mannschaft. Plus, Bayern has so much influence in germany that basically, players make deals with their club to have a cheap exit when Bayern wants to purchase them. That's part of the reason why other clubs have a hard time competing long term with Bayern, all their best german players go there. Now that's not an reprehensible strategy but it surely weakens the competition. Ask Dortmund how they felt when Lewa and Hummels left for Bayern for exemple (for 0 and 35M).

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's more complicated than that. Most german players dream of playing for Bayern since it's THE german club with a direct access to the mannschaft. Plus, Bayern has so much influence in germany that basically, players make deals with their club to have a cheap exit when Bayern wants to purchase them. That's part of the reason why other clubs have a hard time competing long term with Bayern, all their best german players goes there. Now that's not an reprehensible strategy but it surely weakens the league. Ask Dortmund how they felt when Lewa and Hummels left for Bayern for exemple.
How many German players they have on First XI?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Fair enough, but, and I realize this is an empty cliche, if Lyon go 1-0 up it's a different game. Bayern were always going to win here, but it couldve been a more competitive game.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Looks like Pulis' inherent hatred of Arsenal influenced that assessment

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Bayern who were a shambles in the league for a while now looking like a superb side one of the best of the century.

Just shows how fecking stupid it it the media giving it “best team ever” to certain teams who smash the first half of the season then get knocked out of everything within a week. It’s how you finish the season that determines such a status. Same for United in 99 but they bring up points totals because the first half of the season was dodgy.

20 wins in a row for Bayern - unreal.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thanks. I can understand if Germans prefer to play for Bayern, but I don't know about other nationalities.
2 of those were free as well. Lewa and Goretzka.

Do German clubs price out moves to BM in the same way PL rivals do to each other?