Champions League | Matchday 6

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t see it all with neco williams, consistently poor defensively and not much going forward either other than the occasional decent cross.
Yeah looks way behind where Trent was.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
In Live table, Inter is last: 2 draws, 2 loses, 2 points. 2 (and half) games to play. Next game they play away against B. M'gladbach.

I wonder is someone is thinking what it would look like to leave them..and to win a trophies somewhere else..
:whistle:

Yes, I don't like him
At least for once his thread won’t get bumped.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Your timing is a bit unfortunate. We should have Alexander-Arnold, Henderson and Thiago available by the time we play you.
Don't be surprised if we struggle to them at home either. We have a habit of looking good to wrap up the group early but leave it to the last game.

United58

Are we guaranteed through if we don't lose both of our remaining games, seeing as we're 3 points clear of PSG and RBL and are playing them both?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Vidal second "best" in red card category in CL. "Won" 3 rad cards. Who is the best? Zlatan!! 4 red cards for Lion. Comentator just said it. Most interesting thing he said all game.

PoTMS

Are we guaranteed through if we don't lose both of our remaining games, seeing as we're 3 points clear of PSG and RBL and are playing them both?
Yes - as long as don't lose both, we go through.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Neco is Flanagan MkII. We should be able to make £22m for him from some south coast club.
Probably a good thing he seems to be hyped for no apparent reason. Definitely one that looks like he won’t make it but we might be able to make a tidy profit on.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
We need one point. Draw both and it is great. Not sure I would want to be risking playing for draws.
I have a plan:
We win PSG, RBL wins Bash... Last game Ole and Julian wear some boy band suits and dance all game, while their teams play for peaceful draw. We continue in CL, PSG joins Inter, Spurs, Arsenal in EL.
What do you think?

PoTMS

Good win for Atalanta albeit against a understrength Liverpool side. Hopefully, this time Ajax decide to show up against Pool next week.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Credit to Atlanta, as poor as we played and the side was they were completely at it. We do desperately need a few players back.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
A funny few days. Best home performance this season followed by our worst. Not a good selection and wrong time for subs from Klopp tonight.

Wayne's World

Atalanta are no mugs at all. They would give any side in Europe a game over two legs. That result at home against Liverpool wouldn't happen again

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
RB Salzburg should've beaten Bayern in both matches, just horrible finishing but great build up play. Neuer was also godlike in this second match.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Atalanta are no mugs at all. They would give any side in Europe a game over two legs. That result at home against Liverpool wouldn't happen again
They're not the same as they used to be. Already dropped points against teams in Serie A that would easily be demolished last season.

KC91

When's the last time Liverpool were held without a shot on target at Anfield?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I can picture us winning the group and then get Real or Atletico in the next round :houllier:

always_hoping

What luck? We gave as good as we got in that game. We were worse in game two.

We don't win every single game due to luck.
An OG that separated the sides.

As for tonight, bad to lose at home 2-0 to a 7th placed Italian team and even worse not to manage a single shot on target.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I can picture us winning the group and then get Real or Atletico in the next round :houllier:
Athletico would be an interesting matchup for you, think you’d probably actually prefer Real as you can hit them on the counter and they’re obviously not quite the world beaters they used to be albeit formidable

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Neuer wins another 1-vs-1 in the last minute.
I shut the game early as they were leading 3-1, it's as if Bayern's defenders aren't too miffed about defending and just let the opposition go to try and beat Neuer because they know he'll stop them more often than not. The man has been superhuman since last season, best form I've ever seen from him and any goalkeeper ever (or for a long long time).

ti vu

What does that have to do with my post? If you need reminding my point was that the RBL CBs tamed PSGs attack comfortably whilst leaving space in behind against the likes of Mbappe. Not sure what relevance Thiago Silva had to my point.
PSG attack build up worsened since Thiago left. They found it hard to get out. Just because you have pacy attackers doesn't mean you're getting the best out of them if you can't build the attack. Why Leipzig CBs failed to deal with Rashford?

troylocker

Atletico looked completely toothless tonight. Needed to win, didn’t look bothered.