Champions League | Matchday 6

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Modric and Thiago are by both my favourite players to watch. Both magicians on the pitch, but at the same time super hard worker defensively. Imo people underrate their defensive abilities or rarely point it out. .

Deery

Dreary
Depressing to see the big teams pull out top performances when they are needed after last night seems we have a long way to go yet..

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Marco Rose has bottled this. Absolutely ridiculous decision to go with a diamond with Real having two attacking wing backs in Vasquez and Mendy. Wendt at LB is getting no help from Thuram because he's playing much to centrally and Vasquez has eat up that side.

This is why I don't rate Rose as highly as Nagelsmann, besides the fact that he bottled the EL group stage last year, and his side conceded three goals in stoppage time in the first two matches (even if they avoided one of those they would be through this group), his tactics in this match have been atrocious. A slow, old Madrid midfield and you're just playing into their hands by playing centrally and congesting the center rather than trying to stretch the play and move them about.

What angers me more is that he hasn't played this formation before this season, he's always preferred a 4-3-3 with Thuram and Plea/Hofmann/Hermann playing as wingers, but today he decided to try something new.
The only difference between this first half and the one from the first leg is Plea missed his big chance and we attacked better

Okey

Madrid putting on a masterclass here. Granted, Monchengladbach have turned up worse than we were last night, but still...amazing to see these Madrid players just pick it up on a whim in the champions league!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Never doubted Madrid, they're not shit enough to not get past the group stage.

RoyH1

Real Madrid looking more like themselves tonight. The fear of dropping to the Europa league diving them on a pity most of the United players didn't have the same fear.
I think the possibility of Zidane losing his job if the fail to qualify probably lighting a fire under most of them.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The only difference between this first half and the one from the first leg is Plea missed his big chance and we attacked better
I didn't see the first leg but from the formation and heat maps he didn't play a diamond. That has played a massive role in allowing Madrid to attack better.

Raredaredevil

Real Madrid win was never in doubt. It is crazy to think they were almost on the brink of elimination. They always turn up on the most important moment in the CL. The thought of dropping to the EL must be so humiliating to the club's prestige so there was no way they would not go out not to win tonight. I wish we had this mentality.

slored1

Benzema has to be the most underrated elite player in the last 10 years.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Real Madrid win was never in doubt. It is crazy to think they were almost on the brink of elimination. They always turn up on the most important moment in the CL. The thought of dropping to the EL must be so humiliating to the club's prestige so there was no way they would not go out not to win tonight. I wish we had this mentality.
Were you in a cave the past 2 years ^^

padr81

Supports
Man City
Benzema has to be the most underrated elite player in the last 10 years.
Was super hyped as a kid but spent so much time as 2nd fiddle to Ronnie he def got under rated.

Deery

Dreary
Still remember Benzema turning Vidic and smashing it in the bottom corner for Lyon thought he was going to be the greatest thing back then.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I didn't see the first leg but from the formation and heat maps he didn't play a diamond. That has played a massive role in allowing Madrid to attack better.
Maybe, but mostly i think we're just playing better than in the first leg. Less feckups in the final third

He's brought on Stindl now and nothing's changed

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Maybe, but mostly i think we're just playing better than in the first leg. Less feckups in the final third

He's brought on Stindl now and nothing's changed
Stindl has been there from the start :lol: It was his mistake that lead to the first goal.

Zakaria and Lazaro came on.

Brilliant save from Sommer again, bar saves Gladbach then.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Stindl has been there from the start :lol: It was his mistake that lead to the first goal.

Zakaria and Lazaro came on.

Brilliant save from Sommer again, bar saves Gladbach then.
Who came on to replace embolo then?

Chief123

This Inter v Shaktar game is a cracker. End to end basketball now.

Both teams need a winner to go through so both going for it!

RoyH1

With Ramos and Casemiro on the pitch, Real is a different beast altogether.

Chief123

Looool Lukaku blocks Sanchez header off the line to prevent the winner!

galwayfa

The lack of awareness lukaku showed there, an attacking header incoming, and no movement

Raredaredevil

I find Atletico Madrid win more impressive. Like us they go to Salzburg needing just a draw yet they win 2-0 without any fuss. What a machine.