Champions League | Matchday 6

jamesjimmybyrondean

Mbappe was ridiculous with that pass. I can see Rashford doing the nutmeg and pace but he'd probably try to beat the last defender than pass the ball

IhabX7

Typical Messi goal. His finesse shot placement is unparalleled.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Messi showed some chemistry on a couple occasions with Mbappé, but otherwise he's really a foreign body on that team right now. Particularly stark tonight because the rest of the team is actually playing well together

Oh, and Mbappé is PSG's best player by several nautical miles

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What's with the decent teams? Man city and psg were locked in 1st and 2nd in their group.

Liverpool can't drop from first but not rotating the players you'd expect could do with a few days off.

Idxomer

What's with the decent teams? Man city and psg were locked in 1st and 2nd in their group.

Liverpool can't drop from first but not rotating the players you'd expect could do with a few days off.
The clubs get about 3m for each win.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

There're eight players in our starting XI who won't start on Saturday against Villa. Jota, Henderson, Thiago & Van Dijk didn't even travel.

always_hoping

For that:

They are so lacking in cohesion overall as a team, they need every opportunity to get that group of players to keep playing together and develop more chemistry.
And what about fringe/squad players. Surely this game was ideal opportunity for those players to impress?

Andre Kagawa

There're eight players in our starting XI who won't start on Saturday against Villa. Jota, Henderson, Thiago & Van Dijk didn't even travel.
Why would you start both Salah and Mane though? An injury to either, especially the latter, could derail your whole season.

Edit. Meant the former (Salah) obviously!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
And what about fringe/squad players. Surely this game was ideal opportunity for those players to impress?
It’s more important to get the actual first team to develop than the fringe players.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Salah and Mane seem to play every game though, thought firmino might have got a look in today.

Edit: Just seen he's injured

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why would you start both Salah and Mane though? An injury to either, especially the latter, could derail your whole season.

Edit. Meant the former (Salah) obviously!
I mean that can happen in any game but I would guess that they're both in better shape than a lot of the squad and can manage it. We're losing both to the AFCON soon as well so maybe Klopp is trying to get as much game time out of them as possible.

They'll probably both get rested for the League Cup game against Leicester.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And yet you couldn't rest Salah and Mane, you bastards :devil:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Jesus you would think Ajax need to win this game to qualify ;)

Sporting have their second unit playing. Let’s see how this goes

Hoof the ball

Just read that Messi has scored 16 goals outside the box in 2021. His highest scoring year from outside 18 yards.
Another curious stat is that in 20/21 season he notched 16 MOTM awards. Next highest was Lewandowski at 8. Kane too, I think.

cyberman

I mean that can happen in any game but I would guess that they're both in better shape than a lot of the squad and can manage it. We're losing both to the AFCON soon as well so maybe Klopp is trying to get as much game time out of them as possible.

They'll probably both get rested for the League Cup game against Leicester.
Why not test them now and play against Leicester in a game that matters? This makes no sense

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
How’s berghuis been at Ajax ?
His highlight videos at Feyenoord he always looks pretty good his passing was fantastic

always_hoping

It’s more important to get the actual first team to develop than the fringe players.
French league games is already in place for that. Dead rubber games isn't much of development for the first team especially when it's against a side that would struggle to reach the latter stages of the Europa league.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
French league games is already in place for that. Dead rubber games isn't much of development for the first team especially when it's against a side that would struggle to reach the latter stages of the Europa league.
I think you’re really underestimating how much work this team needs. I wouldn’t take any games off if I was Poch either if the starters are fit. Besides it’s not as if this team currently on the field has played a lot of games together.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
[/QUOTE]
Why not test them now and play against Leicester in a game that matters? This makes no sense
Someone told about that 3 million for a win . That's one probable reason. Also , Milan can still qualify with a win. You don't want to make it easy for Milan by fielding youngsters.

Ralaks

Mental from Walker there. Free game and you kick out like that. If I was Pep I'd be livid

Arguably 3 games for violent conduct too