Champions League | Matchday 6

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Dumb take. Being good on the ball isn't helpful if you're never on the ball because your team can't get a kick and you can't be bothered running around a bit to help out.
Nah, Messi is 34, what he provides in attack more than offsets his lack of defensive contribution. He’s been good with the ball today. And he’s had a good match

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I’m not expecting the media to all shout “City bribe officials” or “Conspiracy!” … they’re not that brave.

But at least they could do an article about the decisions they get and the differing/double standards. That’s journalism?

Kyle Walker getting overturned because apparently it was a clear and obvious error was totally against their “we won’t re-ref games” and then never seen again…. De Bruyne tonight.

MichaelRed

Nah, Messi is 34, what he provides in attack more than offsets his lack of defensive contribution. He’s been good with the ball today. And he’s had a good match
Says the barca fan felating his idol. If he hadn't scored that goal he'd have had a stinker. Great goal in a poor game. It can happen to all good players & it's fine to admit it.

Sylar

That Herrera lad is decent. A snide cnutish player that would help our midfield

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Atletico Madrid don’t know how to score goals. This must be the end for Simeone this season. So much attacking talent and absolutely no clue how to utilise them. Re-signing Griezmann has been a curse.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Our last three results against Porto away from home have been 0-5, 1-4 and now 1-5. They’re our European Norwich.

If the Milan score stays the same we’ll be four points ahead of second in the group.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
He's doing something right. Not sure whether you watched them against PSG but they went toe to toe with them and were unlucky not to come away with a win.
3 titles with 2 different teams in 4 years managing with a cup final in his 1st year and 3rd year. If Brugges win it this year he’ll have won it 4 years in a row which is a record in the Jupiler League. Two 3rd place finnishes in the Champions League but afterwards dissapointing in the Europa League so the jury is still out in Europe. Definitely Brugges best manager since Gerets. He played the majority of his footballing career as a holding midfielder for Brugges.

MichaelRed

Pep signing Grealish for 100m and not going all in for Messi must be one of the most stupid things he has done in his career(if that's down to him).
When they signed Grealish it was all but done that Messi had extended for Barca. It was like 2 days after they signed Grealish that it suddenly fell apart. Can't blame Pep for not predicting the future & Grealish will do well for them in the end.

TommyGunn

Supports
Liverpool
Just the 4 assists for Curtis Jones tonight. I feel he's criminally underrated outside of Merseyside. So much potential in the young lad

Godfather

I’m not expecting the media to all shout “City bribe officials” or “Conspiracy!” … they’re not that brave.

But at least they could do an article about the decisions they get and the differing/double standards. That’s journalism?

Kyle Walker getting overturned because apparently it was a clear and obvious error was totally against their “we won’t re-ref games” and then never seen again…. De Bruyne tonight.

Way worse than the AWB tackle

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I was really surprised that Mbappe tried to come inside on his left then.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Just to say.. if we played like this against PSG, we’d (mainly Ole) be getting absolutely crucified by loads on here.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Says the barca fan felating his idol. If he hadn't scored that goal he'd have had a stinker. Great goal in a poor game. It can happen to all good players & it's fine to admit it.
I don’t think Messi was immense today or anything like it but you’re blind if you’re wanting Messi at 34 to be pressing all over the place. Everytime he’s had the ball at his feet he’s been good today, period. Plenty of players have been anonymous and shown up out of nowhere with a goal, I agree. But people were vastly overblowing Messi being “poor” today but psg as a whole have been thoroughly outplayed. Neymar wasn’t much better. But Messi scoring against a team of City’s caliber deserves plenty of kudos

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Absolutely deserved. City should have been down to 10 men anyway!

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
I don't know what more do we need to sack this manager.

This result alone is a sackable reason, we shouldn't lose at home by this margin to anyone.
Still, he managed in the last few years to lose at home to Liverpool 1-5, 1-4 and now 1-5 again.
Just send the clown away, he is ruining all our promising youth players, that are among our best players but are benched to use mediocre useless players.

Last edited: