Champions League | Matchday 6

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Didn't think a tiny dude like Timber would have a large enough pocket to fit such a big Norwegian dude in.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I just don’t think this kind of thing is worth a red card, a legitimate attempt to bring the ball down. Too many reds for this.
What? The ball would come down eventually. It was overhit pass that he tried to control and kicked player in the head trying it, clear red.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
A few seasons back, Thugletico did Arse after going down to 10 men. I'd be surprised if Pool score after this, and if they're not careful the thugs would nick one.

CodeRed

haha come on people know we all hate pool but holy hell that has to be a red.
Exactly. When Shaw got the straight red it was explained that the UEFA refs have new instruction to give straight refs for high dangerous feet. He should have known. You simply cannot do this in this tournament.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I don’t think I’ve seen a player try harder to be sent off than Milner this season.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Didn't think a tiny dude like Timber would have a large enough pocket to fit such a big Norwegian dude in.
Haaland could have easily scored two and bettered Timber twice. Who still has been great.

El Zoido

What? The ball would come down eventually. It was overhit pass that he tried to control and kicked player in the head trying it, clear red.
Firmino didn’t need to go in with his head either. Players have been bringing the ball down like this for 100 years and it’s never really been a problem. People can think what they want, I think it’s ok to bring the ball down like this. My opinion will never change so whatever, the game is just soft now and it’s fine.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He was always a decent player, I think most fans could appreciate that. Just that he wasn't perhaps good enough to be a nailed on starting CB, especially with his weaknesses that leaves him exposed sometimes. Especially playing alongside Maguire.
If they thought that, it certainly wasn't reflected on here. By the end he was getting blamed for other players feck ups.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
This is jut going to be an utter turd 30 mins. Ref buying everything they’re selling

Hoof the ball

Messi has declined a lot this season.

Looks old.
I don't think it's that. Has he declined since, what, the Copa America in the summer? He had 4 goals and 5 assists in 7 games in that tournament. That's definitely not declining form. Also, his stats from December '20 to end of season. Nine games won in that period directly as a result of either the winning goal he scored or the assist he created. That's clutch as hell. Not to mention averaging a goal a game in that period.

It's a slow start at PSG, but I don't think that should negate the previous 3/4 of the last year. Objectively, the issue is PSG under Pochettino. Messi is underperforming because they're all underperforming under Pochettino.

big rons sovereign

Firmino didn’t need to go in with his head either. Players have been bringing the ball down like this for 100 years and it’s never really been a problem. People can think what they want, I think it’s ok to bring the ball down like this. My opinion will never change so whatever, the game is just soft now and it’s fine.
It's a similar situation to getting caught with an elbow going up for a header. He's not meant to do it, firmino is fine. Yellow card, be careful, get on with it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Our 8th choice midfielder just came on. Not feeling good about chamberlain

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Alvarez is a complete different beast. Ridiculous how good he has become and he looked like a total flop when he started out as CB.

RedDevil@84

It's a slow start at PSG, but I don't think that should negate the previous 3/4 of the last year. Objectively, the issue is PSG under Pochettino. Messi is underperforming because they're all underperforming under Pochettino.
They should get Ole in

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Mate, Sammer literally said the sentence you are quoting on live TV a few minutes ago.

Hummels in particular was injured after the EUROs and has been playing through knee problems even after returning to the team. He's missed every call-up for Die Mannschaft for a reason.
Meunier had covid.
Guerreiro picked up several injuries.
Zagadou hasn't played yet.
Even Schulz has been injured after showing a bit of form at the start of season.
Morey is basically out for the season.

In the "mostly fully fit midfield":
Brandt had the Rona and picked up a muscle injury.
Dahoud is currently out with a muscle injury.
Reyna is currently out with a muscle injury.
Can played his first minutes last weekend.
Bellingham missed a call up for England, because he's playing too much and needs rest.
Even Reinier missed the preseason.

The "mostly fully fit attack":
Malen has a fitness deficit, Rose even admitted that in a presser.
Reus is so fit, he had to leave an international break early and missed the Gladbach game with knee problems.
Haaland just returned from injury.
Hazard missed several weeks with an ankle injury.
Even Moukoko and Tigges picked up a few weeks worth of injuries.
Every team is having to deal with the high load of it's players. VVD is having to return from a long term injury and doing fine.

Nothing excuses the absolutely pathetic display being given, and this isn't a outlier as Dortmund have been lucky the whole to season to win their games.

If fitness were a reason Dortmund wouldn't have been outplayed from the first minute. It was just poor tactics that is really bring played through and honestly has been the whole season for Dortmund. I honestly have no idea what value Rose is seeing from that diamond formation.

Oh and Malen is the next Yarmalenko.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Atletico playing well despite the red still.. against Liverpool... Meanwhile United parked the bus (horribly) against Young Boys :lol: