Champions League | Matchday 6

saivet

Shocking penalty from Mbappe. Shouldn't have been a penalty anyway, nor should their first one.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So do I. Sounds like Ajax are playing brilliant football and getting fantastic results. How I'd love for that to be us.

We'd better not completely over look him and he joins fecking Liverpool or City but you can just guarantee that will happen
Watch us hang on to Ole and then go for Southgate.

EtH

So do I. Sounds like Ajax are playing brilliant football and getting fantastic results. How I'd love for that to be us.

We'd better not completely over look him and he joins fecking Liverpool or City but you can just guarantee that will happen
It’s looks perfectly set up for him to take over from Pep.

United Hobbit

This is exactly what they used to say about us under Fergie. It's just part of being a good team with a winners mentality. Completely agree on your last point though. Football is fecking annoying these days. Klopp needs to feck off soon.
Wish we'd go back to having a squad and manager who has a winning mentality... some of the players do now at least

I really want Klopp to feck off ASAP. I'd like a certain other manager to have also gone, already

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
There needs to be an investigation into the VAR and on field refs in this PSG game. Just absolutely blatant BS going on.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Herrera is just another in a long line of players PSG persuaded to run down their contract with the promise of riches. Theres no way in hell we should have ever paid what they are paying him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Herrera is just another in a long line of players PSG persuaded to run down their contract with the promise of riches. Theres no way in hell we should have ever paid what they are paying him.
He's on about £250k a week, mental.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
There’s absolutely nothing in it he’s brushed his thigh and jumped to the floor. :houllier: It’s not like he shoved him.
Besides the point. We always invite pressure on ourselves straight after we score crucial goals, we don't help ourselves like conceding a stupid free kick outside the box in the first place.

Silverman

Liverpool outplayed by 10 man Atletico. May not be as strong as everyone seems to think.

CloneMC16

Rivers have been terrible tonight. Keep stopping every 5 minutes and have to find another one. I hope they aren't as shite tomorrow night!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thought Trippier was so good tonight with the ball. His distribution was class.

Pintu

There needs to be an investigation into the VAR and on field refs in this PSG game. Just absolutely blatant BS going on.
It's been worse in some of their Ligue 1 games. They literally robbed Angers and Lyon.

I'm not that much into the conspiracy theories but PSG is having some huge "lucky" run with referring and VAR.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He's on about £250k a week, mental.
That's total BS made up by english papers that wanted to justify him leaving United, he has a net salary before tax of roughly £110k/week (around 150k gross).

TempusFugit

How did Liverpool get away with that one? Atletico dominated and deserved the win. I hope Ole was watching because Simeone exploited their weaknesses very well. We have the players to do that.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Besides the point. We always invite pressure on ourselves straight after we score crucial goals, we don't help ourselves like conceding a stupid free kick outside the box in the first place.
They’re an absolute shitehouse of a team to play against. Yes we’ve been poor and have real issues defensively though.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
That's total BS made up by english papers that wanted to justify him leaving United, he has a net salary before tax of roughly £110k/week.
"net salary before tax", thought this kind of thing only existed for players of Monaco

United Hobbit

Why haven't Real Madrid or Barcelona raided Liverpool for Salah in all these years like they always seemed to do to us?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You said that Hummels was injured etc but he's also playing many minutes, just like VVD after his injury.

Injuries arent forcing Rose to play a diamond formation from the start of the season. Plenty of managers have faced massive injury crises where they've had to play weaker players but what keeps the team functioning at a high level is the tactical coesion, that was clearly not evident even when players were fit so obviously it wouldn't work with weaker players.

Klopp beat Madrid 2-0 with Eric Durm, Oliver Kirch, Manuel Freidrich, Milos Jojic and Grosscheutz. There is a big difference between losing because of injuries and the utter tripe they put out tonight.
Dude, what is your point with VVD. He's fit enough to play the vast majority of games for Liverpool and his NT. Hummels missed two games for Dortmund and had to pass on every single international invite. His knee problems are a constant topic, he's probably only playing with painkillers. And the whole issue is that it's not just one players, who is having issues. So trying to turn this into a VVD vs Hummels fitness debate is even more asinine. Hummels isn't even the biggest issue for Rose, because he's still performing on a relatively good level.

You mention tactical cohesion, but not getting a good pre-season with your team and not being able to form a cohesive first XI, because you're constantly missing players is quite obviously a direct obstacle for that. Not to mention that Klopp himself once nosedived all the way down to the bottom fo the table, when faced with a tournament hangover and injuries after the 2014 WC.

That doesn't buy Rose a complete pass, but it illustrates that part of the problem goes beyond tactics.