Match 2 : Barcelona vs Juventus

Match 3 : Porto vs Ajax

Match 4 : Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspurs
I bet you fecking would

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The odds are very high even without their influences. I'd like to know what the odds of each PL team not drawing another are. Of course they change after the draw starts.
Suppose the first draw is Barca vs Ajax. We're then guaranteed at least one all English tie.
All in all, I'd say the odds of the first two pairs not having an English team are greater than each tie having one. Someone should be able to work this out.
There’s a 1.43% chance that the first two ties don’t have an English team involved.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I hope we get Ajax.
Typically the team everybody will cheer for against us, that will play "fancy football" and that we'll still beat easily like in 2016

We do so well against these kind of hipster teams.

Posh Red

The odds are very high even without their influences. I'd like to know what the odds of each PL team not drawing another are. Of course they change after the draw starts.
Suppose the first draw is Barca vs Ajax. We're then guaranteed at least one all English tie.
All in all, I'd say the odds of the first two pairs not having an English team are greater than each tie having one. Someone should be able to work this out.
There is an article on BBC which says the chances of no English teams being drawn together is 22% possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47562984

Unlikely lad

4/7 * 3/5 * 2/3 = 22.9 %

EDIT: Beaten by the Beeb

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
To be fair if the Juve group games were a knockout tie, we would have gone through on away goals. We’ve definitely got shithouse qualities in the CL this year. I think we’ve a better chance as the underdog. Getting Ajax wouldn’t be great for us IMO. I’m happy with anyone aside from Pool.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Where's the final this year?
Madrid. Just applied in the tickets' lottery for the final. If we get Porto in the QF with the winner of Spurs/Ajax in the Semis and I miss out on the tickets:mad::mad:.

Conversely if I've got the tickets and we get Juve in the QF with City/Barca in the SF.:nervous::nervous:

Bill Hartzia

My guess:

Ajax vs. Spurs
Liverpool vs. Man United
Man City vs. Juventus
Barcelona vs. Porto

RedCurry

I desperately want Man City and Barca to fight for elimination. They are definitely the two strongest teams in the CL.

Edit: But the gut feeling says Barca will play Juventus for the good old Messi v Ronaldo

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Cheers, didn't know that. Will be interesting to see some paths to the final.
Glad they got rid of it to be honest. I remember in the past where your route to the final was mapped out already and it makes sense. There's only a week between the QF 2nd leg and the SF 1st leg ties anyway so there wouldn't be time to do a draw in the middle of that

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Barca City would be fun.
Juve Liverpool. Hopefully they wouldn't shit themselves or not bother turning up like every other team in the CL against them.
Us v Porto for ease but Ajax would be more interesting.
Who cares about Spurs?

Red Star One

City to get Porto @6.50 at my bookie, same odds for them playing Ajax. Feels like easy money, no?
yes I know it's random and these are not very good odds for something with probability of 1/7

0le

The "leaked" draw doing the rounds this time is:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1nYSLNW0AA_L-r.jpg

Man City vs Porto
Juventus vs Liverpool
Spurs vs Ajax
Man Utd vs Barcelona

Obviously take it with a pinch of salt. I wonder how many more "leaked" versions we'll get :rolleyes:. But I do think it's City's title this year and I do think they'll get Porto.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
From this year they will draw QF and SF at the same time so i want:
United-Porto/Spurs-Ajax

Juve-City/Liverpool-Barca

It will be :
United - Spurs
Barca- Juve

City-Ajax
Liverpool-Porto

Inter Yer Nan

Man City vs Porto
Juventus vs Liverpool
Spurs vs Ajax
Man Utd vs Barcelona

Obviously take it with a pinch of salt. I wonder how many more "leaked" versions we'll get :rolleyes:. But I do think it's City's title this year and I do think they'll get Porto.
I'd actually take that. Hardest route for Liverpool and yes, we'd have a very difficult quarter, though I'd rather play Barca than Juve or City at this stage and you've got to beat at least one of these teams to make the final barring a miracle that we'd get on a side with Spurs, Porto and Ajax.

Paul_Scholes18

Man City vs Porto
Juventus vs Liverpool
Spurs vs Ajax
Man Utd vs Barcelona

Might be worth to bet on City getting Porto :). I assume you get odds based on 1/7 to get each team now. A fair bookie would give 6.8 times your money since in random chance no skill should be able to beat the system unless it is rigged.

Jacob

Ridiculous how many of you claim to be confident of a certain outcome from a completely random exercise. It's so irrational my head hurts.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ridiculous how many of you claim to be.confident of a completely random exercise. It's so irrational my head hurts.
It's the same with people saying with a degree of certainty, ah they're definitely having a boy, about pregnant people. Feck off, you're just making a 50% gamble stop pretending you're some sort of fertility medium. Cnut.

VesRiddle

Man United - Barcelona
Man City - Ajax
Liverpool - Juventus
Tottenham - Porto

Man United - Man City
Liverpool - Tottenham

Man United
- Liverpool

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
According to UEFA, Man Utd will have to play away in the first leg of the QF if Mn City are drawn at home in the first leg. It doesn't matter if Utd are drawn to play at home first, it will be switched if City are drawn at home. UEFA have said that the team who finished lower in last seasons Premier League, i.e. United will have to move their fixtures around

0le