Champions League QF Draw | Manchester United v Barcelona

Hercules

We can still get Juve in the semis and Bayern in the final (if we go past the quarters). 20 years on, chance for our former number 20 to make history again.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Be funny if we get Spurs and beat them in the first game in their new stadium.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I’ll be happy with any draw aside from Barca and City. We won’t be favorites in most of them, but we’ll have a realistic chance.

diarm

Shalke, Porto Spurs or Lyon would be great.

Bayern, Liverpool, Ajax or Juventus would be fine.

Barcelona, City or Atletico would be tricky but feck it, we'll take em.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Easier than Ajax, not easier than Porto.
Seriously?

They're not even top of the portuguese league ffs. We're clearly a better side than Porto.

Do you think they would have beaten Dortmund 4-0 over two legs? They struggled with Roma (5th in Serie A).

neilv93

I think Atletico would be the toughest draw so I'd like to avoid them - likewise City. Also reckon Ajax wouldn't be as easy as some might think.

Ideally Porto as they're quite clearly (no disrespect to them) the weakest team remaining but I also fancy Bayern - they're there to be got at.

Irrational.

I'll take Ajax.

Perfect opportunity for the likes of Agent P to tap up De Ligt as well. Might as well start planning early for the summer.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Think Atletico and City would be really difficult ties, so not them please.

klsv

Avoid Barcelona, Pool and ATL(no fecking H here)etico. I hate playing Spanish teams, Liverpool we can do in the final.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He said not easier than Porto mate
That's even worse :lol:

Ajax pulled off a great result against Madrid (who are a shambles right now) but they're not even top of the Eredivisie! We already qualified ahead of the team who are.

We're very clearly a superior team to both Ajax and Porto, albeit they are still dangerous sides. We're probably the weakest after them though, if you take in to account form etc.

Unlikely lad

Ajax pulled off a great result against Madrid (who are a shambles right now) but they're not even top of the Eredivisie! We already qualified ahead of the team who are.

We're very clearly a superior team to both Ajax and Porto, albeit they are still dangerous sides. We're probably the weakest after them though, if you take in to account form etc.
For what it’s worth, I agree that Spurs will be a tougher draw than Ajax/Porto.

Spurs probably on the level of Liverpool/Bayern when it comes to who I’d rather avoid, but comfortably below any of Barca/City/Atleti/Juve.

Can’t believe we’re actually through though, so I’ll be happy with any non-English side.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
As a Porto fan I'd love Ajax as it's the only team that would give us a fair chance to advance. This season we are slightly worse as a team, some key players with just a few months left on their contracts and the defence has too many mistakes for this level.

If not Ajax than perhaps Bayern or United. I wouldn't like Spurs as they are very pragmatic and organized like Atletico. Barca and City would slaughter us. Liverpool would be boring but i can feel them more vulnerable this year.

Havak

Pokemon master
Just keep giving us the toughest draws in all the cups like it has been all season since Derby/Reading. We'll mow everyone down and win the Champion's League, FA Cup, finish 3rd in the Premier League, win the World Cup and World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 35 next month.

Enigma_87

You know who
So I think we would be favorites against Ajax, Schalke and Porto (at full strength).

50/50 against Tottenham, Lyon.

Slight to heavy underdogs against the rest.
We're favorites against both Spurs and Lyon.

Heavy underdogs against City, Barca and Bayern IMO. 50-50 against current Atletico side. Rest we should beat.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's spurs ffs. We're dead serious. Ffs just knocked out PSG in their own ground.

Just winding GlastonSpur up really
I didn't say that you should be scared of us, I said we're clearly a harder draw than Porto/Ajax.

For what it is worth, I wouldn't be too unhappy with drawing United either. After Ajax and Porto I'd view you as the easiest draw.

edit: ffs you got me :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
Barcelona vs City, Atletico vs Liverpool/Bayern would be the perfect draw for us. I think that we are favorites against Porto, Ajax and Spurs, a 50-50 vs Liverpoo, slight underdogs against Bayern and Atletico, underdogs against Barca and City.

Josh 76

Can't believe we are even discussing this. Still in shock we are through.

Aarron Swift

Looking at the most likely Last 8 (IMO)

- Manchester United

- Ajax
- Porto
- Man City
- Atlético Madrid
- Barcelona
- Bayern/Liverpool (50/50 tie can’t call it)
- Spurs

There doesn’t appear to be an Elite side as in the Past.

Man City & Barcelona for me are the 2 best sides left and would be favourites against anyone

Obviously everyone wants to get Ajax or Porto. With our fixtures in April, would be ideal

I’d hate to get any English Side as a number 1 priority, it’s never nice going out of the Champions League but if it were to happen at the expense of another one getting to a semi-final. Would increase the nerves leading up to the tie whole lot

Barcelona - Not the Barca of 09-14 but still World Class. Wouldn’t want them.

Wouldn’t mind Atlético or Bayern, would be very close ties, we maybe the underdogs in each but neither I don’t feel are at their peak or score enough that the tie would every be out of reach.

So My order of Preference

1. Porto
2. Ajax
3. Atlético
4. Bayern
5. Barcelona
6. Spurs
7. Liverpool
8. Man City

Reactions: Ødegaard

diarm

Nah this Ajax side is a bit special and is just starting to find itself. Don't underestimate the effect a result like this weeks will have on their young side.

Spurs are good but we know what they're about and where their weaknesses lie at this stage of European competition. Ajax, like United, are one of the great European clubs and that counts when you reach the business end. They breed winners in a way that Spurs never have.

Mani

I would prefer Porto or Lyon( in case they progress).So many here want Ajax, but it won't be an easy fixture, they look fearless and their ball movement is brilliant.Also hopefully Bayern knocks Liverpool out of the competition.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Nah this Ajax side is a bit special and is just starting to find itself. Don't underestimate the effect a result like this weeks will have on their young side.

Spurs are good but we know what they're about and where their weaknesses lie at this stage of European competition. Ajax, like United, are one of the great European clubs and that counts when you reach the business end. They breed winners in a way that Spurs never have.
:lol: Yeah if you go back quite a few decades, do Nottingham Forest still breed winners then? When was the last time Ajax even reached a CL quarter final? Their history counts for about as much as Red Star Belgrade's. We have 3 ex Ajax players in our backline, so if we start them do we also have bred winners? Or does that mumbo jumbo only apply when wearing the mythical Ajax shirt?

This Ajax side isn't all that special, or they'd be topping a very weak league against a nothing special PSV side. They've pulled off one great result against a badly faltering Madrid team and now they're a harder draw than us, it's ludicrous. We also just beat Dortmund 4-0 over two legs so it's hardly like we didn't get an impressive result of our own.

We've got more recent experience than Ajax in the CL as well. The only thing they have going for them is that they're a young team with nothing to lose, but that doesn't counter the fact we're clearly a much better team playing in a much stronger league.

PoTMS

Dream draw would be Porto or Ajax. Nightmare would be Barca, City or Pool. Anyone else is a bit meh.

Tony247

And Bayern. Despite current form, they are still the biggest club left after Barca.
In the knock out stages it is more about attitude, hunger. No matter how big team we face, if we have the attitude there is always a possibility.

Alemar

It's important to make sure City plays Barcelona (if Barca goes through) in 1/4, so that one of them is out of equation. I think we will manage against all the rest.

ROFLUTION

Can you imagine us drawing Liverpool after this? That would be an insane way to the final, and a huge TV-event