Champions League Quarter Finals 2020/21 - Apr 6/7 & 13/14

Superunknown

I’ve been pretty nervous throughout.

Perfect result if it remains, no?
Oh, the result is great. But, the football itself has just been disappointing.

The only way it would have been "exciting" was Liverpool scoring so I'm quite alright with how its been so far.
True, although I wouldn't have minded a Madrid goal. The quality of the football has been a bit rubbish at times.

Ladron de redcafe

PSG to win the CL, France to win the Euros and Mbappe to win the Ballon d'Or
He's probably the front runner by virtue of his performances in the Champions League so far. If he can play at the same level in the semi final and then the final - if PSG were to qualify - he'd have a strong claim regardless of what happens at the Euros.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So without Ramos & Varane Real have kept Liverpool at just 1 goal in 180 minutes, eh?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Something about him I don’t really like...
Think it’s because he plays for City
He's got a bit of arrogance about him, but he's so much better than everyone around him that it's quite understandable.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
According to the new rules and photos released to explain the workings, that's not a handball for me. We've been told they use the shirt sleeve as a reference, and it's bang on the shirt. Another stinker of a decision going in City's favor.
You might well be right, and I’ve not seen the photos you’re referring to. For me, IF it’s low enough it’s a penalty, but what’s the first point of contact on his arm after it hits his head? I’d say it was probably closer to the shoulder than the elbow. What I don’t know is if that even matters, maybe it’s just judged on the lowest point of contact during the incident. Either way Can has totally fecked that up.

Barnslig

They don't use the whole shirt sleeve, just from the part that's level with the armpit. That's why when they're measuring for offside they use roughly the part on the sleeve where the badge is.

In this case it's a handball. And because his arm is outstretched, it's in an unnatural position. So it's the correct call.
Ah okay I wasn't sure on the specific part of the sleeve they used, cheers.

Seems awfully harsh to me, there's no intent to use his arms to gain an advantage.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ah okay I wasn't sure on the specific part of the sleeve they used, cheers.

Seems awfully harsh to me, there's no intent to use his arms to gain an advantage.
It's insanely harsh but the handball rules are a mess so that's par for the course.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So without Ramos & Varane Real have kept Liverpool at just 1 goal in 180 minutes, eh?
Or Liverpool have kept themselves from scoring more. They've quite a few times had fewer shots than some shite opposition in the league this season. Been dreadful.

Keane was absolutely right when he said they were bad champions. And he must have loved saying that after Klopp's little drama about his commentary.

Terry Kelly

At least Citeh will be finally playing an excellent side in this seasons champions league. It's only taken till the semi finals. Even when they didn't win the premier league last season, they still got given one of the easiest CL groups.

Barnslig

You might well be right, and I’ve not seen the photos you’re referring to. For me, IF it’s low enough it’s a penalty, but what’s the first point of contact on his arm after it hits his head? I’d say it was probably closer to the shoulder than the elbow. What I don’t know is if that even matters, maybe it’s just judged on the lowest point of contact during the incident. Either way Can has totally fecked that up.