Champions League Quarter Finals (5th - 13th Apr)

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I really need one of their players to explain their collective rage at Grealish. Is it the hair, calves, Gucci or all of the above?
it’s so weird, they were like that straight after he came on in the first leg, in what i would think is the first time he’s ever played against those players

Red Daz

Funny end to a horrible tie (both legs) , nice to see Atleti get a taste of their own bullshite.
Savic is horrible but my under the Radar cnut is Llorente, weasel

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah I mean its hard to knock what they do vs the opposition they compete against and win but its tough.
Poor and all as we were on the pitch today, I think its the first time we behaved like a "real" CL team. We'd have lost that game 10 times out of 10 before last season.
That's a very good point yeah, City would have folded in prior years. The resilience from the City team shows the progress Pep has made, a true European performance.

This could definitely be your year to win it. Good luck.

The Purley King

Savic didn't have long at City, so it was probably just about the only insult Grealish could use that might have been understood.
Also you cannot underestimate the additional annoyance incurred by the insult being delivered with a thick brummie accent ………… cooont !!

anyone would snap hearing that :)

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Looks like city did a atletico on atletico. feck them cheating atletico knobjockeys.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
To think Savic just got a yellow card in this match is mind boggling. Him and Felipe should be locked up...and throw Simeone in the cell with them. God knows what team we can put out on Saturday against Liverpool.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
I only saw the last 30 minutes of the match, but Atletico looked pretty rampant and City looked unable to contain them. But reading here, I see comparisons with Burnley. What am I missing?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I wish football players would do what Beverley did with the Clippers, insta stories mocking their opponents
You didn’t see Alberto Moreno after the final against United? ;)

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I only saw the last 30 minutes of the match, but Atletico looked pretty rampant and City looked unable to contain them. But reading here, I see comparisons with Burnley. What am I missing?
Atletico had an xG of 0.03 after the first half, after 0.00 in the first leg

Marwood

Only difference is today we have social media to expose any misbehaving.
Nah people and behaviours change with time.

I'm not really talking about misbehaving either. Just all this faux hold me back outrage they do. Either have a fight or grow up.

This odd combination of being huge cheats but massively offended when others cheat.

It's so tiresome and disappointing.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Soooooo, time to update the fraud list?

1- The Pep Guardiola is my idol;
2- The adorned fraud;
3- The gaunt fraud;
4- The wigged fraud;

… … drumroll … …
… Let’s welcome …

5- The shouse fraud.

Marwood

To think Savic just got a yellow card in this match is mind boggling. Him and Felipe should be locked up...and throw Simeone in the cell with them. God knows what team we can put out on Saturday against Liverpool.
I'm sure you'll cobble together an XI.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Nah people and behaviours change with time.

I'm not really talking about misbehaving either. Just all this faux hold me back outrage they do. Either have a fight or grow up.

This odd combination of being huge cheats but massively offended when others cheat.

It's so tiresome and disappointing.
Thats what tipped them over, they know they're cheats and got robbed themselves :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
No shit Sherlock. Listen to Pep - he just said you were lucky not to concede in that half. Haven’t seen you lot dominated like that since 2017.
City had clear chances in both halves, but yeah they absolutely lost control of the midfield and just dug in at the back. If this was a Mourinho team they'd be calling it a defensive masterclass

didz

Also you cannot underestimate the additional annoyance incurred by the insult being delivered with a thick brummie accent ………… cooont !!

anyone would snap hearing that :)
I was just thinking, with Savic not immediately laughing his arse off, can we assume that he's watched enough of Peaky Blinders to work out when a Brummie is slagging him off? As a native English speaker, I'd still say I needed 3 or 4 episodes!

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Agreed but still City didn’t create anything in that second half. Atleti battered them.
We probably had the biggest chance in the 2nd half as well when Gundogan were through on goal.

We were a bit lucky not to concede because after 150 minutes of the tie their shit on a stick football and behavior started generating the chaos they wanted from the start but a cocky bastard from Birmingham, a smug rascal from Stockport and a veteran brazilian who is something of a master of the dark arts himself even took their shitehousery away from them.

I would of liked us to wipe the floor with them, a 4-0 hammering or something while playing our usual style but I thought we showed an adversity tonight I didn't think we had in us

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
As a United fan I'm obviously very, very rare to support City but Atleti are really, genuinely deplorable. Bunch of cry babies trying to exploit rule loopholes and weak referees, when with all that talent they could be playing excellent actual football.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Yea you guys are really up against it. You only had around £300+ million on the bench. What will Pep do???

We probably had the biggest chance in the 2nd half as well when Gundogan were through on goal.

We were a bit lucky not to concede because after 150 minutes of the tie their shit on a stick football and behavior started generating the chaos they wanted from the start but a cocky bastard from Birmingham, a smug rascal from Stockport and a veteran brazilian who is something of a master of the dark arts himself even took their shitehousery away from them.

I would of liked us to wipe the floor with them, a 4-0 hammering or something while playing our usual style but I thought we showed an adversity tonight I didn't think we had in us
That was after they went down to ten men. Between minutes 45 and 90 they suffocated you, even before the shithousery started. That’s all that people will talk about now but they should’ve scored a couple. I’ve never seen City pinned back like that under Pep apart from at Anfield.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Atletico deserve a good beating off the field.

Would have been funny if a city player dived in extra time to get a pen and then laugh and wink at the atletico players whilst calling him cnuts in spanish.