Champions League Quarter Finals | Chelsea vs Real (Tue) | Bayern vs City (Wed)

Witchking

Hate the fact that we depend on Bayern or Madrid to beat City or Liverpool from them winning the UCL. Feck now have to change to want Arsenal winning the league to stop City winning the treble. Last 2 seasons have been a nightmare in the league and the UCL.

Infra-red

Well, that's our season done and dusted. It's sad to see what this team has become, in terms of overall quality we have fallen so far behind the other top clubs in the last years. Mané and Gnabry look done at the top level (and reportedly we are paying them 21 and 19mil a year respectively), Sané was good today but is too inconsistent, Coman is hit and miss as well. I don't even want to talk about our striker situation.
Well deserved drubbing.
Don't mean to rub salt in the wound, but your defence and goalkeeper didn't look great, either.

Irwin99

Big game on the 26th April - Arsenal need to win to stop the treble
apparently Arsenal winning the league is by far the worst option for some fans because City's success doesn't count or something something :rolleyes:

JagUTD

Yes we did, and the time before that they put 6 past us...

After the way we've played recently against the top 8, I don't fancy our chances in an away game at Wembley, if we even get there.
According to rival fans, every single United fan comes from London therefore, Wembley is our home as well.

And we've not to to shabby against the top sides at home this season

crossy1686

career ending
According to rival fans, every single United fan comes from London therefore, Wembley is our home as well.

And we've not to to shabby against the top sides at home this season
I hope we pull out a massive performance again like against Barcelona, starting with Brighton first anyway. Let's win that and see what happens next.

BerryBerryShrew

So for Bayern: Neuer and Muller are ancient, Davies is inconsistent, Pavard is mediocre, Upamecano is awful, De Ligt is overrated, Gnabry's purple patch is over, Mané seems past it, Coman is injury prone, Sané has awful decision making.

Goretzka, Kimmich, and Musiala are the only players from their starting 11 that you can really count on right now. They need to use their German allure to ensure that Wirtz ends up there and a genuinely top class centre back is also necessary at a minimum. It seems very likely to me though that they will move for Havertz under the impression that he will flourish in Bavaria. That will prove erroneous.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
They literally boo anyone that used to play for them don’t they. I don’t understand why they boo Milner when he plays them, when they released him.
No, only guys like Cancelo who behaved like a child when he was justifiably omitted.
Milner screwed us over by running his contract down and lying about the reasons why he left.
Such as Zabaleta, Hart and Sterling have received warm or neutral reactions when they returned.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
So for Bayern: Neuer and Muller are ancient, Davies is inconsistent, Pavard is mediocre, Upamecano is awful, De Ligt is overrated, Gnabry's purple patch is over, Mané seems past it, Coman is injury prone, Sané has awful decision making.

Goretzka, Kimmich, and Musiala are the only players from their starting 11 that you can really count on right now. They need to use their German allure to ensure that Wirtz ends up there and a genuinely top class centre back is also necessary at a minimum. It seems very likely to me though that they will move for Havertz under the impression that he will flourish in Bavaria. That will prove erroneous.
They need the ESL. :cool:

crossy1686

career ending
You really are a weird chap.
Why? Because we've been struggling since February, playing 11 games a month, missing key players and getting battered? And I'm weird because I don't fancy our chances again a City side that put 6 past us earlier in the season and just dispatched Bayern effortlessly?

If it makes you feel better, I'm sure we'll win, 3-0. No danger, and that's after breezing past a shite Brighton who are a waste man's team of nothing players.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You guys are worried for no reason. Arsenal will win the league and Real Madrid the CL. Looking forward to City's implosion after getting punished for the breach of financial rules and all the rats (Pep) abandoning ship.

BerryBerryShrew

Upamecano ruined the game for Bayern.

Probably his last CL series playing for Bayern.
There's no coming back from a performance like that. He's shown the manager that he can't be trusted in high pressure games and Bayern aren't going to keep him to help win them easy Bundesligas every year.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I still say there was very little between the teams until Bayern gifted that second goal to City. After that they collapsed.

I was hoping for a nice classic Real-Bayern in the semi.
This is clearly what happened. Bayern had some great chances that they didn't take. Now it's very difficult for them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
All good mate. Definitely disappointing from Benfica but to be honest didn't think Schmidt did too much wrong - felt like the players shat themselves much more than he did.
Individual quality matters exponentially more in knockout games. Benfica have worse players than inter, by and large

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
All good mate. Definitely disappointing from Benfica but to be honest didn't think Schmidt did too much wrong - felt like the players shat themselves much more than he did.
Agreed. They really missed Otamendi in the back as well. He is excellent leading the line, their prime defender and I think he instills calm in a more inexperienced António Silva.

I also think some players got too cocky/complacent with some Italian Legends saying Benfica was clear favorites.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The coach can’t do much when his players are just flat… they possibly felt the pressure from being considered favorites. With one and half their feet out, the return leg will hopefully have them play more lively again.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Dodged a bullet with that defender from Bayern. He’s atrocious! Must of made at least 10 mistakes tonight and still stayed on the pitch!

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Individual quality matters exponentially more in knockout games. Benfica have worse players than inter, by and large
Not all the time as seen with us against Arsenal. Otamendi was a big miss but like I said some players got too cocky with the campaign and Brugges win. Although it was a very good campaign by Benfica, eliminating Juventus isn't that impressive is we go by their form. Even Maccabi beat them.

Real Name

Why? Because we've been struggling since February, playing 11 games a month, missing key players and getting battered? And I'm weird because I don't fancy our chances again a City side that put 6 past us earlier in the season and just dispatched Bayern effortlessly?

If it makes you feel better, I'm sure we'll win, 3-0. No danger, and that's after breezing past a shite Brighton who are a waste man's team of nothing players.
Yup. Exactly why.
Reading your posts you'd think we're in a relegation zone.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah Inter were able to pass through the lines and build play through midfield much more efficiently, especially after going a goal up since Benfica's defense is very slow and they had limited width outside of what their fullbacks could provide. Benfica badly missed Enzo's playmaking from deep.

Agreed. They really missed Otamendi in the back as well. He is excellent leading the line, their prime defender and I think he instills calm in a more inexperienced António Silva.

I also think some players got too cocky/complacent with some Italian Legends saying Benfica was clear favorites.
Yeah, Silva was disappointing. Thought his yellow card was harsh but ~5 minutes later he committed another foul on Lautaro and probably would have gotten one there anyway. Thought Rafa was extremely mediocre as well - he kept giving up as soon as Inter were even the tiniest bit physical with him, which was pretty pathetic.

The coach can’t do much when his players are just flat… they possibly felt the pressure from being considered favorites. With one and half their feet out, the return leg will hopefully have them play more lively again.
Definitely could be. Also thought they struggled to cope with a typically organised Italian backline - not something that's seen at all here in Portugal.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Don't mean to rub salt in the wound, but your defence and goalkeeper didn't look great, either.
It's alright. Bayern fans are some of the hardest Bayern critics. We are also an honest bunch. Not necessarily right all the time but we usually call is as we see it.

The problem is the rot starts from every direction this time.

- Almost nothing is really stable apart from CM with Kimmich - Goretzka - Musiala. And the first too have openly questioned the management and the sporting director...
- Kahn and Brazzo are embroiled in power struggle and might both lose their jobs
- We've changed managers every 12-18 months for 7 years straight.
- We don't have any truly elite class player. We used to have 4-6 at this level.
- The last time someone graduated from the academy and made the A team must have been 15 years ago, Müller. Even Kroos, Alaba, Musiala only played 6-12 months for the youth team. They were more so recruited and fast tracked.
- Senior players that declined 5 years ago still have to much pull (Hello Neuer and Müller)
- New gen leaders are not good enough (Sane, Coman, Gnabry and so on)
- German team is shit and it reflects on Bayern

Devil81

Was I the only one that felt Bernardo Silvas yellow card was lenient?

He dived in with studs up the back of a players calf and it barely got discussed.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
German television and Tuchel in delicious post game denial. "On par for big parts of the game" "Result is way too harsh" "Conceded in unlucky moments".
They were decent for like one half and then hopeless in the second. Individually (Upa) and as a team (barely created anything). Got lucky that City didn't overly press for the 4th goal in the last 10 minutes.
Hopefully Madrid take City out again.

Sylar

Pep doing his usual
I'll praise how awesome the opposition are
After smashing them

Austrodoriano

Supports
Sampdoria
Is there any particular reason why some of you guys think Real Madrid and Napoli will be easily defeated by City?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
City are blowing everyone away at the moment. It’s not a case of if they’ll win or not, it’s by how many. Even Real Madrid might not be able to avoid a thrashing.

KeanoMagicHat

Not bad for a team that won the previous 8 games in the competition! It’s one game.