Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is their "butcher" supposed to be Uli fecking Hoeneß? Pretty weird way to try and claim the moral high ground.
Yeah especially considering we still have Qatar airways as a sponsor despite heavy protests by the fans for years.

I really dont know what point theyre trying to make.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Delay for traffic jams is embarrassing
I used to live near there, all it takes is for one car to break down and it's a jam for miles around

A journey that usually takes 10 mins can be 60 mins the next day!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Is their "butcher" supposed to be Uli fecking Hoeneß? Pretty weird way to try and claim the moral high ground.
It's actually quite logical when you think it through. Hoeneß is a butcher and in love with Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia is an enemy of Qatar. It's basically two oil clubs of opposing regimes clashing with each other.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It looks like him. They are on the same (metaphorical) arm as PSG, too, and as far as I know Hoeneß was and is all for it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I used to live near there, all it takes is for one car to break down and it's a jam for miles around

A journey that usually takes 10 mins can be 60 mins the next day!
Think there's some protests and strikes going on actually

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Don't know why so many are sure Bayern will win, they are not as good as in years past, and nearly collapsed against PSG when Mbappe came on, now they have to deal with him for 90 minutes.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's actually quite logical when you think it through. Hoeneß is a butcher and in love with Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia is an enemy of Qatar. It's basically two oil clubs of opposing regimes clashing with each other.
I think you're mixing up your gulf states. Bayern are in team Qatar.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think you're mixing up your gulf states. Bayern are in team Qatar.
They actually are in both teams now that I looked it up. Definitely remembered a few test games and Rummenigge's watch in Saudi Arabia context

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They actually are in both teams now that I looked it up. Definitely remembered a few test games and Rummenigge's watch in Saudi Arabia context
The watches Rummenigge was smuggling were gifts from Qatari friends.

Fetshu

So bizarre seeing someone else in the goal for Bayern besides Neuer. For some odd reason, the fact that it's Sommer, makes it even more bizarre.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a free man, no one involved (club, club fans player) benefits by him being kept on the bench
He got charged, though not sure what the process is like there and how it differs to others like our own situation or Everton's situation where the players were under investigation. Is it just the clubs in those scenarios choosing to do something, or is the legal step they are at different?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
He's a free man, no one involved (club, club fans player) benefits by him being kept on the bench
Don’t want to derail too much but hasn’t he been charged with an offence? Just my opinion but he shouldn’t be in the team at all until it’s all cleared up either way. This isn’t me saying he’s guilty etc, just that maybe he shouldn’t be playing if theirs a chance he is.

other players that have been suspected of offences have been removed from teams instantly until it’s been proven either way.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He got charged, though not sure what the process is like there and how it differs to others like our own situation or Everton's situation where the players were under investigation. Is it just the clubs in those scenarios choosing to do something, or is the legal step they are at different?
The bolded.

I think the difference is the level of public uproar. If he was a United player I don't think the club would be able to play him through the outcry.

RedDevilQuebecois

Dunno if some of you watch the CBS feed, but Ray Hudson's OTT live dickriding of Messi has not changed over the years.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The bolded.

I think the difference is the level of public uproar. If he was a United player I don't think the club would be able to play him through the outcry.
Ah. So my original statement of sus /scummy from the club is correct then!

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Kimmich and Goretzka playing hard men with Messi. I do hope it won't backfire

redshaw

Good move by PSG before

I wouldn't rule them out, Mbappe fresher can turn the game around. I expect Bayern to get through but it's well poised right now.