Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is Zagadou injured for Dortmund. He's hardly featured this season.
He's been basically injured all season and he also has the problem that his profile is too similar to Hummels' to be picked as his partner ahead of Akanji.

DavidDeSchmikes

Erling Haaland has scored 10 Champions League goals in seven appearances for Borussia Dortmund, the quickest a player has ever reached 10 goals for a team in the competition, breaking Roy Makaay's record with Bayern Munich (10 games, 2003-04).

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Juve midfield is so bad even our bad midfield looks decent.
Our full backs are a disaster in defence but luckily Juve doesn't know how to play wide (or through the center).

Now just take Marega out and instead get a player that doesn't have feet that repel balls like magnets.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
You really wonder if Sevilla did any scouting on Dortmund, first they let them have the ball and didn't apply pressure on the midfield, got caught out because of it, and now playing slow ponderous football when behind.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
My "La Liga is a fraaaauuuud" prediction is two for two so far

Nedved

Was Wojciech Szczęsny even a good goalkeeper? I still find it amusing how he ended up being Juve's no 1 when he was a backup keeper for Arsenal if I recall correctly. He played for Arsenal for six seasons and was loaned out to Brentford. Surely Juventus can get a better goalkeeper.
He's a very good keeper. A certain Van der Sar flopped at Juve before going to Fulham and, you know the rest...

kidbob

The lad is a freak of a goalscorer. Yes Mmbape plays the game in a more flair filled way but for me Haaland is already the superior player. His last finish shows exactly what we miss. He made an easy chance look even easier by just slotting it first time with his left. Only Greenwood would do that in our team whereas Martial and Rashford would have taken a touch first and then been at a risk of being blocked.

An attack of Rashford, Haaland and Sancho, with Greenwood as an option is otherworldly, with all of them having 10+ years left on their careers. Make that a reality and you've all the time in the World to sort out the rest of the team.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You really wonder if Sevilla did any scouting on Dortmund, first they let them have the ball and didn't apply pressure on the midfield, got caught out because of it, and now playing slow ponderous football when behind.
I mean the game was around 50/50 in possession early on and what you describe is precisely what Dortmund struggle against in the league. Their biggest problem is that they keep getting caught in transition, otherwise this would be a tight game.

always_hoping

Yeah, but Juve should have enough about them to beat Porto.

This is awful from them. Haven't really created a chance against Porto.
Didn't they beat Barcelona 3-0 in the Camp Nou in their last CL match. Kinda highlights the state Barca are in at the moment as proved last night.

DavidDeSchmikes

Erling Braut Haaland is the fifth player to score multiple goals in three successive Champions League appearances.

The others are... Giovane Elber (Bayern Munich in 2001), Filippo Inzaghi (Juventus and Milan in 2002), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid in 2013 and twice in 2017) and Robert Lewandowski (Bayern in 2018).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I mean the game was around 50/50 in possession early on and what you describe is precisely what Dortmund struggle against in the league. Their biggest problem is that they keep getting caught in transition, otherwise this would be a tight game.
I agree that they struggle when the opposition sit back but also when the opposition pressure their midfield and counter quickly, I didn't see that pressure from Sevilla as they seemed slow off the ball.

Wayne's World

My "La Liga is a fraaaauuuud" prediction is two for two so far
I think Atletico are by far and away Spain's best chance of winning the CL this season, absolute bastard of a team to beat over two legs for anyone in the competition

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Juve with Arthur, Chiellini, Cuadrado and Bonucci out. Plus Dybala who just came back... it's always the same every year. Half of the team is always injured at any point of the season

Starting Bentancur as the deepest midfielder was always going to be a disaster given the amount of times he loses the ball there. Porto aren't even great defensively this season and Juve haven't had one chance all half, need Morata and Ramsey in the second half to try to rescue this but they're not getting past the quarters even if they get past Porto

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think Atletico are by far and away Spain's best chance of winning the CL this season, absolute bastard of a team to beat over two legs for anyone in the competition
They got brushed aside like a dirty rag by Bayern, could barely get out of their half against us and needed some serious luck and oblak heroics against both barcelona and sevilla

They are not a great side