g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Are Chelsea really good, or are Atleti really bad?

laughtersassassin

Far superior that the Europa though, as expected.
Well no shit.

I just think team for team the past two or so years is the worst the CL has been for a while

Biggest factor in that is because major fall off in la liga teams. When Barca, Real and Athletico are worse than most of the top 6 Prem teams that's not good for the competition.

Juve too aren't at their best. Leaves very few teams that are truly competing to win it.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
And Liverpool vs City. With the winner getting pumped out by Bayern in the semis!
I wouldn't rely on us to do that. We've gone full glass cannon this season and things may get embarrassing for one side pretty much every match, but no one can tell in advance which side will be at the receiving end.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
How do you lot reckon we would get on against Atletico? Chelsea have found it a breeze.
You'd most likely lose. All though not that good right now Chelsea can somewhat play positional/possession football and control a game, your team cannot right now.

thepolice123

La Liga leaders Altetico getting spanked by Chelsea. Are we back to being the best league in the world? :lol: :drool:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Pavard is boring and a bit weak. I want to see Sülinho doing his magic in every game from now on.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Well no shit.

I just think team for team the past two or so years is the worst the CL has been for a while

Biggest factor in that is because major fall off in la liga teams. When Barca, Real and Athletico are worse than most of the top 6 Prem teams that's not good for the competition.

Juve too aren't at their best. Leaves very few teams that are truly competing to win it.
Stop talking utter garbage.

Top 6 teams are better than Barca, Real and Atletico.:lol::lol::lol:

You should ask someone to read your posts before pressing send.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How do you lot reckon we would get on against Atletico? Chelsea have found it a breeze.
Good question. In both cases it's a matter of who takes the lead first, but chelsea are a worse matchup for atletico madrid because of their press and ability to keep the ball

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's really quite impressive what a short term impact Tuchel has had at Chelsea.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I love the change in tactics already from Tuchel. Going from Lampard’s ultra cautious style to this constant pressing and countering. Tuchel will need more players to fully get the team where he wants them to be however the improvement is ridiculous so far.

edcunited1878

You'd most likely lose. All though not that good right now Chelsea can somewhat play positional/possession football and control a game, your team cannot right now.
Chelsea are playing with 5 defenders with two center mids screening the 3 CBs at all times. They have issues scoring goals and creating in open play under Tuchel.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
How that foul by Azpi is not given is beyond me. It’s also a red card as there is no attempt to play the ball.

klayton88

Disgrace? Calm down.

Are we talking about the Azpillicuetta incident?

If so I think you need your eyes tested mate.
So you wouldn't have gone down? You wouldn't have wanted a penalty? That happens to your team and your not bothered it doesn't go to VAR? When you've seen some of the decisions this year? Why would he put his arm out? 0 attempt to play the ball, any contact is a foul, doesn't need to be a WWE clothesline.

laughtersassassin

Stop talking utter garbage.

Top 6 teams are better than Barca, Real and Atletico.:lol::lol::lol:

You should ask someone to read your posts before pressing send.
Nonsense. Barca and Real are literally the worst they've been in a long long time. Juve too. Drop offs happen and right now thats the period we are in.

CL is lower on top quality teams than it usually is.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Not as good as Ole's
Ole's short term impact was indeed massive. The team was noticeable relieved, unleashed, they played like released from a prison. Martial, Pogba, like newborn, it was beautiful to see.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Thought he was absolutely brilliant v Liverpool at Anfield a couple of weeks back and the best player on the pitch. Mount was good too, mind, but Kante would have been my MOTM for sure.
Hes brilliant. And he seems a lot better with the ball at his feet driving us forward.

Swedish_Plumber

I wouldn't rely on us to do that. We've gone full glass cannon this season and things may get embarrassing for one side pretty much every match, but no one can tell in advance which side will be at the receiving end.
Too late I’ve put my hopes on you lot to stop all of City/pool/P$G. :p
Interesting to hear you fears for Bayern though! What’s caused the slight regression?

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
How that foul by Azpi is not given is beyond me. It’s also a red card as there is no attempt to play the ball.
Probably because they didnt think there was enough contact for him to go down.

laughtersassassin

I'm not liking the look of the quality in the CL this year.

Could definitely see Liverpool managing to get to the final. They are due a hard draw though so hopefully they get one.