Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

AshRK

Worst I have seen athletico under simeone. How are they leading la liga is beyond me. Shocking performance.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Too bad Chelsea appointed a decent manager. They are pretty good now :) I miss Frankie.

thepolice123

Chelsea conjuring up their 2012 CL miracle again? :eek: :D

Will be funny if they beat Bayern in the final again.

Raredaredevil

If Atletico look like a soggy biscuit against this Chelsea attack, they'd be no match for City's anyway.
Funny thing is I will be more confident of them beating City than Chelsea. Atletico always has been able to raise their game to beat the best team. See Liverpool last season at Anfield.

Wayne's World

When did Rudigar become one of the best centre-backs in the world?

He's been senentational since Tuchel came in, I haven't seen a striker dribble past him yet

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Athletico are top of La Liga...there must be 6 or 7 PL teams better than them.

edcunited1878

Chelsea finally have a good shape about them and are pressing at a higher, much more effective rate. Can only see Atletico scoring from Chelsea mistakes

klayton88

Ok mate. My opinion is it would have been an extremely soft penalty and the player went down theatrically. I also don't believe any contact is a foul as it's still a contact sport. Let's leave it there.
There's contact with feet and a coming together, that's a blatant grab. That's nothing to do with it being a contact sport. I agree it's soft by older standards but in todays game it's a penalty, even just the intent behind it it's a penalty. tug or brush he's grabbed him with his arm.

Raredaredevil

Really can't decide who will win it. I really fancy Atletico to win this competition and I'm surprised they can't even make it past the round of 16. It all depends on how motivated Bayern is now...after you win the treble, you can only go down. PSG and City always get named as favourites every season, and apart from PSG's easy run to the final last season, both always disappoint in the later stage. I wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid wins it again. It will be kind of funny and miraculous.

Withnail

There's contact with feet and a coming together, that's a blatant grab. That's nothing to do with it being a contact sport. I agree it's soft by older standards but in todays game it's a penalty, even just the intent behind it it's a penalty. tug or brush he's grabbed him with his arm.
Now that is a blatant foul.

edcunited1878

Now Savic for Atletico is sent off...after no penalty claims for Atletico in the first half, Atletico now down to 10. There's an elbow thrown out, but that's not a red card.

Zoo

It’s funny the BT commentators have been taking the piss over the OTT acting from Atleti players like Suarez and Lodi then a Chelsea player does this. Uncomfortable.

AshRK

Would have liked Chelsea to get knocked out but can't stand this athletico football. How do their fans enjoy this brand of football?