Champions League - Round of 16 - 2nd Legs 5/6/12/13 March

redcucumber

Is it though really.. What if it's AC Milan vs Inter Milan. Just glad its gone and the right winner goes through now without a made up arbitrary rule.
By that logic all rules are made up and arbitrary. There's obviously context which makes it a compelling rule.

redcucumber

Is it though really.. What if it's AC Milan vs Inter Milan. Just glad its gone and the right winner goes through now without a made up arbitrary rule.
Also, why is a penalty shoot out a fairer and more logical way of deciding who gets to go through as opposed to who scored more away goals?

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Need to move the ball a lot faster. Gotta up the tempo. Playing into their style again.

Lyng

Also, why is a penalty shoot out a fairer and more logical way of deciding who gets to go through as opposed to who scored more away goals?
Penalty shootout feels more like a skill to me than getting a random fluke goal away from home that suddenly counts double. I get why people like away goals but it was never for me.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Away goal advantage rule makes no sense to me. Even one can argue in a two legs match the first leg at home has advantage. If you lick a goal at home, then you can just play like Porto in the 2nd leg. Non stop waste time and then just play on counter.

KeanoMagicHat

Away goals are gone, good riddance to them. Certainly cost good United teams the Champions League enough times arbitrarily. Personally I think both games are still interesting and in the balance.

Real Madrid v Man City a few years ago should be a sign it has little to no effect on the entertainment of games. Home teams are way more attacking without the fear of away goals.

Eplel

I think the referee is a big Arsenal fan, don't know why.

Lyng

Barca are very effective at the "fall randomly and get a foul" technique

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Finally that jack in a box gets carded.

90 + 5min

Thats freekick for Porto. What do they scream about? Pepes shirt was like a tent.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Doing my head in that I can’t get sound on the tnt discovery app for tonight’s football

eire-red

That was stupid from Havertz. He didn't need to pull him there. Soft, but probably the right decision.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I know Arsenal are the lesser of the evils between City and Liverpool but man... Arteta is so fecking unlikeable

Ole'sgunnarwin

Great rule brought in recently to stop managers having a go at refs. Giving them yellow cards instead of reds was very innovative.

KeanoMagicHat

Arteta is how I imagine Bruno would be a manager some day in terms of touchline behaviour. Loves a good moan.