g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Round of 16 first leg (second week) 23/02 24/02

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Tuesday 16/02

PSG 2-1 Chelsea
Benfica 1-0 Zenit

Wednesday 17/02

Gent 2-3 Wolfsburg
AS Roma 0-2 Real Madrid

Tuesday 23/02

Juventus 2-2 Bayern
Arsenal 0-2 Barca

Wednesday 24/02

PSV - Atlético
Dynamo Kiev - Manchester City

Some great games tonight! I reckon Juve can win at home (2-1) and Arsenal hold a draw.

Last edited:

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Looking forward to this. We'll teach these tax-dodging, blood-doping cnuts a lesson in football. Again.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Will switch to Juve - Bayern when Barcelona take a 3-0 lead within the first 30 minutes.

Supports
Barcelona
I'm worried we're knackered. Two games per week for ..what.. two months now ?

Norris

A delightful set of games today. A 2-1 win in the Arsenal game (Though I haven't decided who the winner is yet) and Vidal and Muller to give a killer blow too. 2-1 there as well, but for the bavarians.

Last edited:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
My prediction is a narrow Juventus win and a win for Barcelona by more than two goals.

saivet

We always get expect Arsenal (and other English teams) to get battered in these games. Doesn't usually happen though. A comfortable win for Barca I reckon, but not a mauling.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
They've managed to split 4 match days out of this stage of the competition and still screw most fans over to have the 2 best games at the same time. Great planning.

Anyway, 2 screen set up this end :cool:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder if this is the leg where Arsenal put on a good show, or if they'll get spanked. Their ties against Barca always seem to have one of each.
They'll win 1-0 or 2-1 tonight only to lose the other leg 5-0.

ThierryHenry

I wonder if this is the leg where Arsenal put on a good show, or if they'll get spanked. Their ties against Barca always seem to have one of each.
We would have gone through in the last tie if Van Persie didn't become the first player in the history of the game to be sent off for being offside.

Traub

What are the odds of Arsenal getting a red tonight? I definitely see it happening.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Sooo hard to call the Arsenal/Barca game today.

Barca have been travelling lots recently and they never play well in the first leg in England..

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Why did they put two of the good games on the same day? Or is it done randomly

RustyS

I will have to miss today's much anticipated drubbing of Arsenal :( I'm hoping for something like 6-1 on aggregate.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Barcelona line-up (official): TerStegen - Alves Pique Mascherano Alba - Rakitic Busquets Iniesta - Messi Suarez Neymar

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Barca have been travelling lots recently and they never play well in the first leg in England..
In fairness their away game at Arsenal back in like 2009 remains the best football I've ever seen any team play. They just dominated for the first half. Granted, it ended 2-2, but that was thanks to a Fabregas dive for a penalty and Almunia playing like Neuer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
As much as Barca are favorites, I think tonight's match will be a draw and maybe a narrow win for Arsenal. If some damage is to be done to Arsenal, it'll be in the return leg.

ThierryHenry

In fairness their away game at Arsenal back in like 2009 remains the best football I've ever seen any team play. They just dominated for the first half. Granted, it ended 2-2, but that was thanks to a Fabregas dive for a penalty and Almunia playing like Neuer.
Don't forget Theo turning into 1997 Ronaldo. slight exaggeration

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Neuer - Thiago, Lewandowski, Robben, Costa, Bernat, Lahm (K), Vidal, Müller, Alaba, Kimmich
bench: Ulreich - Benatia, Ribéry, Rafinha, Alonso, Götze, Coman

Well, that should be fun.

prarek

3rd away game in a week for Barcelona. Arsenal players have had a weeks rest in comparison.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Attackers in defense and defenders upfront? Pep is just having fun now.
We ran out of centerbacks a while ago, Benatia is on the bench but hasn't played so far in 2016 after his latest injury. Bernat, Alaba, Kimmich, Lahm surely has to be the smallest back four that ever played in a CL knockout game?