Champions league Semi Finals 2020-21 - April 27-28 and May 4-5

Mr.Kaya

Let's see how the Manchester OIlers handle being big favourites next week, before we crown them finalists.

PSG have enough about them to score a few. They were bang average in the second half, but agree with others they had it under control before that flukey equaliser dropped in. PSG lost the plot after that. Pretty weak mentally but next week they can go for it with less pressure.
They'll probably feel way more relaxed and comfortable considering theyre playing home and scored 2 away goals. If PSG wants a chance, Mbappe specially has to step up way more than he did today, and they'll have to set their chances because City will most likely dominate posession. It's not like City will change their way of playing and park the bus, they'll attack too and prob score a goal or 2 themselfs.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That post kinda highlights what absolute nonsense describing formations in terms of X-Y-Z is.
Very true. These top sides shift into so many different shapes etc it’s hard to actually pin them down into x y z like you said. These formations should be used very loosely as terms.

Hammondo

City were unfortunately quite a lot better. Technically fantastic, really a unique team in the PL with how well they keep the ball.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Navas - Marquinhos - Kimpembe - Verratti - ADM - Neymar - Mbappe.
That’s 7 players who would get in almost any top team in Europe. Still they looked like a mediocre Ligue 1 side today.

Foxbatt

Question for the Real Madrid fans here. How on Earth did Marcelo get selected to do polling duties?

Irwin99

PSG still in it I think. I think they can score 2 or 3 goals at City if the big players turn up. Could be a cracking game.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can't call a player overrated over one bad game.

Imagine someone mentioning disastrous R9 performances at CL with Real Madrid over many years playing there.His only great game was that hatrick against Man Utd...the rest got booed by Real Madrid fans at Bernabéu for his underwhelming CL performances and being overweight.
Obviously not basing it on one game.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Question for the Real Madrid fans here. How on Earth did Marcelo get selected to do polling duties?
He's a Spanish citizen. Every Spanish citizen can be selected, I was called at some point not long ago.

croadyman

We can and have beaten both of those sides tonight and I saw nothing in either of them that makes me think they are actually any better than us.
Think we would have found the game in Paris harder if they hadn't have been down two of their top midfielders

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
PSG still in it I think. I think they can score 2 or 3 goals at City if the big players turn up. Could be a cracking game.
City obviously in a great position now. If PSG are going to have a chance they need to score relatively early to put a bit of doubt in the minds of the City players.

In these games with no fans, you can’t be sure what will happen. I do think City overall are a better team than PSG though. But then I thought Bayern were a better team than PSG too, and they got past them.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Let's see how the Manchester OIlers handle being big favourites next week, before we crown them finalists.

PSG have enough about them to score a few. They were bang average in the second half, but agree with others they had it under control before that flukey equaliser dropped in. PSG lost the plot after that. Pretty weak mentally but next week they can go for it with less pressure.
City did get very lucky with the equaliser. It gave them a level of belief that they seemed to lack for much of the first half

croadyman

City did get very lucky with the equaliser. It gave them a level of belief that they seemed to lack for much of the first half
Yeah does feel like City will just control PSG in the second leg and it's down to Chelsea/Real to stop them in the final

Marwood

Got nothing to do with transfer work. The best players will always pick Madrid Barca and Bayern over every team in the Prem, even PSG. Hazard forced a move to Madrid, Ronaldo twice forced a move even when Madrid were bad, Suarez to Barca, Courtinho to Barca etc.
All those players played in England. You've defeated your own point there I think. Yeah they moved on eventually but all players do at some point. Ronaldo left Madrid as well remember.

Premiership has enough money and pull to produce more world class teams than it has over the last 5-10 years. City should face a bigger than they have.

We can and have beaten both of those sides tonight and I saw nothing in either of them that makes me think they are actually any better than us.
I agree to some extent. I think they are better, we're not as pretty to watch as they are but with a few tweeks we're there.

These aren't great teams. They're just playing at a time when football is in a bit of a lull worldwide.

Barnslig

And RM have real chances of winning the league as well.

That doesn't change the fact that this underwhelming version of Barcelona isn't any better than this u

Playing for best Real Madrid doesn't necessarily mean you will score tons of goals anyway. if so we can apply the same logic to Cristiano who played for a great Man Utd and Real Madrid sides...unless you show me when was Cristiano a top scorer in World Cups (playing for a team like Portugal, which is far for being a great team or favorite to win trophies).

Also Ibra has tons of goals in Ligue 1(playing for PSG), and Lewandowski made his career in Bundesliga which is basically Bayern and Dortmund +16 ...but that doesn't mean their goals don't count.
Jesus Christ boys, all I said is he hasn't done it for me. Give it a rest, I've said he's a good player multiple times, just not an all time great for me. His numbers might be great, but so is his blackmailing experience.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
City is on their way to win their 3rd premier league title in 4 years and have a foot in the CL final. PSG reached last year's final and still have a chance at making this year's final. You guys are playing Europe football on Thursday for consecutive seasons. They are better

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
City is on their way to win their 3rd premier league title in 4 years and have a foot in the CL final. PSG reached last year's final and still have a chance at making this year's final. You guys are playing Europe football on Thursday for consecutive seasons. They are better
Exactly :lol:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Ah feck this season. It's city's this year the cnuts
Ehh I really don't think this is the year to complain to be honest. Battle to finish top 4 has been a fairly easy really after some initial bumps and we stil have a good shot to win the EL again (the lads can do it!!). I'd be quite happy if we can finish second with that cup. We've made some big strides this season despite the very rough start and am more confident than before that we are only a player or two away from beating city to the title again the next go around.

If we're stuck with the Glazers for now though I do hope that OT renovations will happen soon. Feels we missed some great years to do it to bring some pzazz back to the grounds, especially when you look at how much City in particular has invested. This whole super league thing has shown people still care a lot about the history and ties of the club to the city of Manchester. We can't have City take over to become the dominant club in the hearts of the locals.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ehh I really don't think this is the year to complain to be honest. Battle to finish top 4 has been a fairly easy really after some initial bumps and we stil have a good shot to win the EL again (the lads can do it!!). I'd be quite happy if we can finish second with that cup. We've made some big strides this season despite the very rough start and am more confident than before that we are only a player or two away from beating city to the title again the next go around.

If we're stuck with the Glazers for now though I do hope that OT renovations will happen soon. Feels we missed some great years to do it to bring some pzazz back to the grounds, especially when you look at how much City in particular has invested. This whole super league thing has shown people still care a lot about the history and ties of the club to the city of Manchester. We can't have City take over to become the dominant club in the hearts of the locals.
Alright sure. Will be a great season if we finish top 4 (maybe win the feckin Europa) and city win a treble. Sorry I'm whining when it's all clearly going according to master plan.

Ludens the Red

Was inevitable they’d win the CL at some point, the draws this year and Bayern going out ensured it was theirs to lose. But yeah an inevitability about it, just as it was for Chelsea and just as it will be for PSG. Money talks..... think we all need to strap in for these three taking centre stage in the CL for the foreseeable future. With everyone else tightening the purse strings.

Though it did take them thirteen years and a few billion to get there and there’ll be nobody there to see it..
Only took Chelsea eight years. If PSG aren’t careful they might take the longest!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Alright sure. Will be a great season if we finish top 4 (maybe win the feckin Europa) and city win a treble. Sorry I'm whining when it's all clearly going according to master plan.
No need to be facetious. Its okay to understand why you disagree. It's been too long without big success.

Im guessing for a lot of us though this past year has made it so clear that there are a lot of other priorities in life too and the fact we ve been playing without fans makes me think I'd much rather we peak again when they re back and life if you will can be celebrated to the full extent again. Im quite impressed with how our players turned things around after they clearly suffered from issues in their personal lives (Harry, Mason, Jesse to name a few) and them clearly be affected by the lack of attendance as well. Not getting one of the rumored big transfer targets doesn't help either. But again - that's why I'm so impressed with watching the lads playing some pretty impressive stuff at times, having found consistency, and perhaps most importantly have fun on the pitch too.

This wholesome post was brought to you by Hallmark.

Eddy_JukeZ

PSG scored 4 at the Nou Camp and 3 at the Allianz Arena. I know that was in the 1st leg, but still impressive nonetheless.

They're more than capable of still winning this tie.

They conceded 2 very fluky goals.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
PSG scored 4 at the Nou Camp and 3 at the Allianz Arena. I know that was in the 1st leg, but still impressive nonetheless.

They're more than capable of still winning this tie.

They conceded 2 very fluky goals.
Yeah I thought it was stupid by pep to not have his team go for it especially when they were down to 10 men.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A bit rubbish is putting it kindly.

He was horrific.
Seems he had only one chance and there too had a heavy touch. Need him step up his level for the second leg. Although I think city will go through now. At home with their possession football, having a lead makes things pretty simple.