g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Semi Finals (24th April - 2nd May)

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I lost all hope for Bayern the moment Robben got injured. Think he'd have roasted Marcelo last week.

The footballing gods seemingly want Real to win a third on the trot. The amount of luck they get is quite sickening.
Luck/ a collection of some of the finest football talents ever! Their squad is unreal, although their performance in their league is baffling.

NYAS

No way. Cakir is refereeing this game? After reffing the Juve-Real game?

Are there really no other referees on the planet to choose from? I genuinely don’t understand.

Even if he was excellent in that game, why would the same ref get a quarter and semi? Again involving one of the same teams he reffed in the quarters?

Shocking decision.

TinFoil

No Bale again in the team

Looking forward to our Sanchez lukaku bale front 3 next season.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Madrid are starting Lucas Vasquez as a fullback against Ribery. Both teams won't be at their best tonight

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
No way. Cakir is refereeing this game? After reffing the Juve-Real game?

Are there really no other referees on the planet to choose from? I genuinely don’t understand.

Even if he was excellent in that game, why would the same ref get a quarter and semi? Again involving one of the same teams he reffed in the quarters?

Shocking decision.
Yeah that's a bit of a head wobbler.

Does he ref all Madrids big games in the champions league now?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
A Bayern red is a certainty then. Just trying to figure out who it will be. Probably Kimmich.

Crespo

Supports
Bayern
Robben‘s possible impact is very overrated on here. He’s a shadow of his former self. Has lost his pace and any bit of his efficiency. The problem wasn’t missing Robben. It was relying on him in the first place.
Agreed. Also Coman out is the far, far, faaar bigger blow for us.
So sad that we don't have him for the semis. If we somehow reach the final, he would be back. Thus, I would be confident against Roma/Liverpool.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
3/4 CL semi finalists are 3rd in their respective domestic leagues. Strange.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Brilliant.

I stood at that exact spot for a league game earlier in the season. Many more there tonight, however! :devil:

#HalaMadrid
as a fan I can not imagine myself standing up, tight and waiting for a bus more than five minutes, but the scene is great

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Still dreamoing for the Heynckes vs Klopp final in Heynckes' very last game of his career. The odds are not so good though.

Make it happen, Bayern!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
For what I've reading perhaps Zidane wants the ball and someone to help Modric,or maybe Casemiro is not in his best moment.
Big match for Kovacic to show up.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Thiago was so shit last game, I don't understand why Jupp benched Martinez for him. Not that it matters.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Thiago was so shit last game, I don't understand why Jupp benched Martinez for him. Not that it matters.
I think he started badly but found his groove in the second half. Also he plays instead of Robben so Müller can play on the wing. Tolisso is the one who got subbed in for Martinez. According to Heynckes that is because he is more dangerous in front of the goal. Which I would agree with, even though I'm not a big fan of him.

Cloud7

Are they serious? You could just as well have Florentino Perez ref Madrid.

Would be fun if it was Barcelona and RM matching up in the CL semi, the ref would most likely contract some sort of syntax error since he couldn't compute who to give the most dodgy decisions.
Don’t think it would be a contest these days. Pep era Barca used to get a lot of calls in their favor, but over the past 4 years or so Madrid have really taken the cake. Feels like almost every big game they get an iffy call in their favor. Far worse than Barca IMO

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Martinez should always play! You need a DM to hold the position with everyone else in attack.

Good to see Alaba back though

Canagel

Vazquez at RB? Real will struggle down that side with Ribery and Alaba.

RedNed77

Not sure who I want here. Who do we reckon is more likely to beat pool in the final?