Champions League Semi Finals (26th Apr - 4th May)

padr81

Supports
Man City
Gotta say 'm a bit worried there's a touch of destiny about Madrid this season. PSG, Chelsea and now City. They keep overcoming obstacles.
I think you guys in a neutral venue will be a different kettle of fish if I'm honest. Theres also the big revenge for Kiev thing.

Dansk

Gotta say 'm a bit worried there's a touch of destiny about Madrid this season. PSG, Chelsea and now City. They keep overcoming obstacles.
After the obscene luck you lot have had in the draws (yet again), it's only fair that you have to face a challenge somewhere along the way. Can't play every final against Tottenham.

Nick7

I'd said it before but he's a good but not great keeper. He has two major strengths, sweeping and passing. He's pretty brave but he's only a good keeper, rarely makes saves he shouldn't (like DDG or Alisson) while he's the perfect keeper for City/Pep anywhere else he's a good but not amazing keeper.
Thanks. That’s what I was thinking. Suits you down to the ground but could be better.

BEST No7

Mate, Liverpool were pretty much guaranteed to beat City in the final imo. What makes you think City would win? City don't have the European pedigree.

City lost against Chelsea last year in the CL final, what makes you think they could beat Liverpool in the CL final?

They also recently got dumped out of the FA cup by Liverpool in case you forgot.

If you're desperate for Liverpool to lose, then Madrid is your best bet at this point. City don't cut it.
Absolutely

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
After the obscene luck you lot have had in the draws (yet again), it's only fair that you have to face a challenge somewhere along the way. Can't play every final against Tottenham.
Ugh what a dream that'd be.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He is in an exceptional moment. Everything he touches he scores, but the final will be played by Kroos.
Rodrygo and Camavinga will start in the 65th minute when losing 1-0
3-0 mate.

Exactly where we want them :D

Frank Grimes

Liverpool win the quadruple and it betters our treble. At least we were able to hold on to that best ever achievement. But the quadruple!!! It becomes pure hell every day. This is a killer result not just in the Champions League but the Prem. How can City possibly bounce back after that.
I agree. Another very good night for Liverpool imo. Are city getting 9 points in 7 days from Sunday after that disappointment?, I think not. Is De Bruyne injured too?, Walker's certainly fecked.

Of course it's possible Liverpool drop points too but the wind definitely seems more at their back at the moment. If they win the quad it can never be beaten. Nightmare scenario.

wr8_utd

:'(
I agree. Another very good night for Liverpool imo. Are city getting 9 points in 7 days from Sunday after that disappointment?, I think not. Is De Bruyne injured too?, Walker's certainly fecked.

Of course it's possible Liverpool drop points too but the wind definitely seems more at their back at the moment. If they win the quad it can never be beaten. Nightmare scenario.
With two of those away games to Wolves and West Ham. Yep, City may be in real trouble next week.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
With two of those away games to Wolves and West Ham. Yep, City may be in real trouble next week.
Whatever City do in CL, its back to business as usual in the league, where they go on winning-runs when they need to.

wr8_utd

:'(
Whatever City do in CL, its back to business as usual in the league, where they go on winning-runs when they need to.
They usually do but this is a more brutal loss than any, some doubts about how fit KDB and Dias look and the fact that they have not been super convincing in the League means it'll be difficult. Wolves and West Ham away back-to-back is not the kind of games you probably want to play over 3 days.

DeGea’sFeet

The way they lost is what could deflate them. They were the better team over two legs, they were through after 89 minutes and winning, they were through after 92 minutes and drawing 1-1.. but they lost it the first leg by only having a 1 goal advantage.

darko

Number of European Championships teams from Greater Manchester

Manchester United 3
Oldham 0
Stockport 0
Salford City 0
Wigan Athletic 0
Bolton Wanderers 0
Bury 0
Ramsbottom United 0
Manchester City 0
Altrincham 0
Rochdale 0

darko

Pep is usually in the technical area barking instructions and geeing up his side. Why in a such important stage was he sitting in his seat?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Again and again, the only winners with City CL-edition are the bookies. Wait… they will start muggin billion punters just another time, right? As soon as Haaland is announced in June. Stiff upper lip and carry on.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Cracking game and all that but was it really a penalty? im looking at it and he genuinely kicked the ball first.

Kaos

Real has to be one of the luckiest teams ever when it comes to UCL
To be fair to them their path to the final has been mental - the they had to fight off the oil clubs PSG, Chelsea and City. Contrast that to Liverpool who've had an average Inter side, Benfica and Villarreal :rolleyes:

Seij

I fecking hate Madrid, but their team is a prime example of the winning mentality. I knew they were going to win this tie even when they went a goal down today. Complete opposite of our overpaid social media warriors. We have one 37-year-old guy with that winning mentality and then there is everybody else.

Knightmare7

Yeah, god bless a Liverpool 3/4-0 win in the final. Idiots.
Dang you’re so smart. You should go put money on the match because you just know everything and can see into the future.

Clearly Madrid, who just won La Liga and beat the team ahead of Liverpool, is going to get decimated. Stop embarrassing yourself with childish name-calling

MUFC OK

Mate, Liverpool were pretty much guaranteed to beat City in the final imo. What makes you think City would win? City don't have the European pedigree.

City lost against Chelsea last year in the CL final, what makes you think they could beat Liverpool in the CL final?

They also recently got dumped out of the FA cup by Liverpool in case you forgot.

If you're desperate for Liverpool to lose, then Madrid is your best bet at this point. City don't cut it.
Oh yeah I’m desperate.

MUFC OK

Weird to see the Caf celebrate the knocking out of the team whom Pool have been struggling to beat for a while now. No chance Moments FC banters it again against Pool's luck.
These are basically my exact thoughts.

Josh 76

I think you guys in a neutral venue will be a different kettle of fish if I'm honest. Theres also the big revenge for Kiev thing.
All this revenge stuff is pre match hype that the media dramatise. I don’t think it really makes a difference when the whistle goes. In fact that’s probably the last thing on the players minds during the match.

I can’t see players thinking I’m going to give it another extra 10% because they beat us a few years ago!

Muchibwa

Supports
Chelsea
Rodrygo changed the game hence no one praised him here‍♂♂

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Still cannot believe Real made it through considering they were probably the worst team in each of their three KO rounds, over the course of the tie.

Steffa Barnesa

Can't believe so many people are quite open to Man City buying the Champions League. I don't want them ever to win in, and certainly not with Guardiola. I mean, in our lifetimes Chelsea and City are actual threats to catch us up or overtake us in terms of Champions Leagues, simply because billionaires bought them. I don't want to see that, ever, so yesterday was fantastic for me.

Real have saved us Chelsea levelling up with us this year and City winning their first. They have one more task. We can't do anything about what happens on the pitch, so might as well enjoy nights like last night when one of our rivals suffer.