Champions League Semi Finals (26th Apr - 4th May)

Thunderhead

Supports
City
biggest worry isn't having a proper right back tonight but if we can get on the front foot, dominate possession and get a goal up I think we've a great chance

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Guess a Madrid win tonight would be too much to ask for, but a draw would also be a nice result to take back to Bernabeu.

As for tomorrow, really hope we can put the tie to bed with a 3-0 or 4-0, need to come out all guns blazing and score early for that to happen. But it's a CL semi, any win will do obviously.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Casemiro is injured and as Carletto said, the only question is whether Camavinga or Rodrygo will play. Any option seems interesting to me.
Rodrygo is in a good moment. I look forward to a Madrid more similar to the one seen in London, energetic and not as passive as the day in Paris

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This poxy tournament is still ongoing? Meh. No-one cares guys.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
City's biggest worry will be the 12 men they'll face in both legs....

On paper they "should" outrun and totally overrun this aging Real Madrid side.

We know how bad City can be in the CL though.

RoyH1

City will have the ball 75% of the time. I wonder how well Madrid will handle the pressure.

It's paramount for City to come to Madrid with a two goal cushion. If they come to the Bernabeu with just a goal up they will get gobbled up in that atmosphere.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
City's biggest worry will be the 12 men they'll face in both legs....

On paper they "should" outrun and totally overrun this aging Real Madrid side.

We know how bad City can be in the CL though.
Do you mean the referee?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yep. One of the benefits of being top royalty in Europe.
The only controversy in the last two qualifying rounds that I remember was Alonso's hand.
At the time I doubted but then I found quite unanimity that it had been a hand.
I don't remember offsides or obvious penalties. They made more fouls with a similar number of cards. In fact, at least the Spanish press, complained about the number of repetitive tactical fouls.
They played a great game but I don't think the referee was to blame.
I don't know why they didn't help us the year before, when they eliminated us.
It didn't work out the 12 against 11.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The only controversy in the last two qualifying rounds that I remember was Alonso's hand.
I don't remember offsides or obvious penalties. They made more fouls with a similar number of cards. In fact, at least the Spanish press, complained about the number of repetitive tactical fouls.
There was no problems with the ref. Yeah some borderline calls that could gone our way, but it was those 'seen them given, seen them not' situations. Nothing big. We were beaten fair and square.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Casemiro is injured and as Carletto said, the only question is whether Camavinga or Rodrygo will play. Any option seems interesting to me.
Rodrygo is in a good moment. I look forward to a Madrid more similar to the one seen in London, energetic and not as passive as the day in Paris
This is ridiculous. Both should play and Kroos or Modric - whichever is less fit - on the bench

padr81

Supports
Man City
Best case scenario Madrid have one of those games like vs Barca recently where they are asleep and we show up on song. Than Emery gets outta Anfield with a draw on 1-0 defeat meaning Liverpool have to rotate vs high flying Newcastle.
Because if Liverpool don't drop points vs Newcastle or Spurs they're gonna win the league.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I have friends that know the ref quite well, he's as good of a man as they come.
Not a chance in hell he'll be biased towards any of the teams.
It's not really a criticism. Just the way things go. I'm sure tonight's ref will be good, and fair. But I hope he's not and he's completely biased for Real. ;)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Best case scenario Madrid have one of those games like vs Barca recently where they are asleep and we show up on song. Than Emery gets outta Anfield with a draw on 1-0 defeat meaning Liverpool have to rotate vs high flying Newcastle.
Because if Liverpool don't drop points vs Newcastle or Spurs they're gonna win the league.
Poor jinx, 2/10 would not read again :p

I think we will rotate against Newcastle no matter what. The two out of Diaz, Jota, Firmino (if fit), Salah and Mane who don't start against Villareal will start on the weekend. If the midfield is Thiago, Fabinho, Keita, then Henderson is a lock to start on the weekend. Konate will fill in for Matip, possibly Tsimikas for Robertson as well (and Gomez for TAA might also be one).

padr81

Supports
Man City
Poor jinx, 2/10 would not read again :p

I think we will rotate against Newcastle no matter what. The two out of Diaz, Jota, Firmino (if fit), Salah and Mane who don't start against Villareal will start on the weekend. If the midfield is Thiago, Fabinho, Keita, then Henderson is a lock to start on the weekend. Konate will fill in for Matip, possibly Tsimikas for Robertson as well (and Gomez for TAA might also be one).
If you batter Villarreal 4-0 1st leg Klopp will go balls out against Newcastle and rotate for the 2nd leg.
After those 2 games you'll got a 12/12 run. Cities nice run is now with tough trips to Wolves (different proposition home and away) and West Ham. I firmly believe we'll have a 0-0 somewhere between now and the end of the season.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
City 4-1 Madrid

Madrids defense is in shambles, like a 180 from earlier this season. City score for fun and honestly I don’t think it will be close. Expecting a trashing.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If Madrid concede early, it could get ugly.
They're still mentality monsters and have more experience than the rest of the teams combined so they might be able to get something out of it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Easily a City vs Liverpool final. They're so much better than the teams they're playing.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know what will happen, but Big Data is giving City as the huge favorites for this one and we all know very talented people are coding these algorithms to give very accurate predictions. I don't know about you lot, but I won't be the one contradicting such smart guys on this.

Guardiola is the best coach in Europe, besides Klopp. People say he likes to overthink but I call that getting ready for games properly and professionally. The way it should be done. Ancelotti is not bad, but that attention to detail, he does not have it.

We all know it's also a matter of time for City to win this trophy. Their players get better team chemistry and experience after each attempt and when De Bruyne is on tune, you know it's almost impossible to stop him. Also, once City get the advantage they love to control the ball and make their rivals run non-stop. Not the best scenario for tired, old legs Kroos and Modric.

dinostar77

Cant think of anything more dull than madrid in another CL final, especially an all spainsh one. Hoping for a City v Villareal final. City have bought the PL a few times now with their dodgy financial dealings why not the CL as well?

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
Benzema on Donnarumma...
If it was the other way and Mbappe touched Courtois's feet on a pressing before a goal, no way the goal would have been accepted

Real and Barca are always helped big time by the referee. Even after the superleague story...

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Guardiola, as always, two steps ahead of everyone:

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Ah, yes, the 12 followers of Jesus. They can be a handful when they are chasing him around, with his lost shoe in hand.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Hoping for an Emery masterclass tomorrow night.
Is Moreno fit? The good one :lol:

Without him I think it's a little tougher but I think Villarreal have had a week off pre game so I'll be shocked if the don't have a game plan to exploit Liverpool's weaknesses. (Probably Danjuma vs Trent, he ripped Dalot apart earlier in the season)