Champions League Semi Finals (26th Apr - 4th May)

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I'm hoping it's more a 3 at the back than a straight up stones v vinicus

Teja

Neither. Theres hope with either but I wouldn't trust either to be Liverpool in a one off game for any trophy.
Yep. One-off games for a championship, I'd bet on Pool any day.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
City obviously haven't won the big one (CL) but they are 6-1 in cup finals under Guardiola whereas Liverpool are 2-3 in cup finals under Klopp, with the two wins being a penalty shootout against Chelsea and the CL final in which Liverpool got a lucky penalty early and didn't really play particularly well against a poor Spurs side (Spurs outshot them and were ahead on xg too, although some of that was the game dynamic of Liverpool leading from the 2nd minute). Until winning that CL final, people often claimed that Klopp was a big game bottler. That was probably unfair but I wouldn't swing completely in the other direction either.

I don't think there is that much evidence that Liverpool are better than City in big moments.
Good points you’ve made… however I think Liverpool are a different beast this season. City are obviously ahead of Liverpool a little bit because like klopp said if guardiola wasn’t at city then they’d have more titles then just the 1, there setting ridiculously high standards but I just think when there head to head Liverpool normally Turn up and there front 3 are a handful for city’s defence who aren’t used to defending in many games as there normally the dominant team… city can’t handle pacey attackers which we’ve seen before with traore at wolves when he kept running rings around them.

Highfather_24

----------Ederson
Stones-Dias-Laporte
-----Rodri--Zinchenko
---------KdB--B.Silva
Mahrez-Jesus-Foden

Perhaps this?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else surprised at how limited City's bench is? I'd argue that Liverpool and Chelsea have greater squad depth. City's first 15/16 players are very good but it's a smaller squad than I thought it was.

Irwin99

I don't know where this myth of Arsenal fans genuinely hating Emery comes from. Most wanted a change because it wasn't working and he lost the big players (at least what was left of them) in the dressing room. His philosophy required different players. His reputation took a bigger it for that game against Barcelona than his entire time at Arsenal.

I'd love it if he won it against Liverpool, he's a great cup manager.
I think it's because there was a level of dislike that went beyond 'yeah, this guy isn't right for us, let's move on' to 'this guys is fecking clueless and doesn't know what he's doing' with Arsenal fans. Maybe i'm wrong and i'm not seeing the full story but you guys really seemed to have it in for him at times.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Anyone else surprised at how limited City's bench is? I'd argue that Liverpool and Chelsea have greater squad depth. City's first 15/16 players are very good but it's a smaller squad than I thought it was.
It's just that some people like to repeat everytime that they have 2 teams capable of winning the league, the fact is that they clearly don't. And both Liverpool and Chelsea have better squad depth.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
No Casemiro or Camavinga and probably Kroos as the deepest midfielder...brave choice against City, but I think this won't go well for Real.

frostbite

I like Ancelotti, I hope he wins another CL. On paper, Real is not as strong as either City or Pool, but Ancelotti has the experience to pull it off.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is it. We have to win this one to have a chance. This is the game where they're vulnerable

motsjo

Haha you gotta laugh at these City fans booing the Champions League hymn like it even knows they are a club.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Whats happening with De Bruyne and the captaincy? A few games I've seen him now starting but not as captain.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I like how you over exaggerate everything, you drama queen :lol:
No Cancelo or Walker, Stones half fit, De Bruyne half fit. This is the game

They'll be much healthier and fitter next week and if they don't need to win at the bernabeu they're the masters of playing keep away and putting games to sleep.

For them, a repeat of the Atletico tie minus the second half pants shitting is the ideal

And there it is. Ok we're done

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Takes like 10 seconds to see Real will be played off the pitch for 180 minutes.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Just watching instead of actually attacking, classic Kroos :lol: