Champions League Semi Finals (26th Apr - 4th May)

Kiru

Supports
Liverpool
Guess a Madrid win tonight would be too much to ask for, but a draw would also be a nice result to take back to Bernabeu.

As for tomorrow, really hope we can put the tie to bed with a 3-0 or 4-0, need to come out all guns blazing and score early for that to happen. But it's a CL semi, any win will do obviously.
I am less cofident after that Everton display. It was a chore to break them and Emery is better at setting up defensively than Lampard. Hoping for vs roma 2018 home performance though (before we switched off for the last 10 minutes).

Irwin99

Would love Villareal to win the whole thing. Yes they beat us last year but they're a cool club, and it'd probably wind up Arsenal fans to see that they sacked such a competent manager.

Muchibwa

Supports
Chelsea
Casemiro is injured and as Carletto said, the only question is whether Camavinga or Rodrygo will play. Any option seems interesting to me.
Rodrygo is in a good moment. I look forward to a Madrid more similar to the one seen in London, energetic and not as passive as the day in Paris
I think Rodrygo is underrated, and he will be the game decider today.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Rodrygo is underrated, and he will be the game decider today.
hopefully! the Champions is good for him. He was supposed to be better than Vinicius.
It has cost him to be decisive in many games but lately it seems that he has won the position over Asensio. In any case, I don't know if the right, where he usually plays, is his best position.

nickyboy1981

Just heard a city fan on the train into Manchetser say "I reckon we'll do em 3 nil, we won't need to get a flight to Madrid then cos the job will be pretty much done".

I hope they get spanked like they did against Athletico in the last 20 mins.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If walker is out or half fit then we're in business. Otherwise they'll smash us. They are clearly a level above and our only chance is being much fitter and healthier, or a fluke. This isn't chelsea or psg, they won't feck up and give us a lifeline i don't think

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
If walker is out or half fit then we're in business. Otherwise they'll smash us. They are clearly a level above and our only chance is being much fitter and healthier, or a fluke. This isn't chelsea or psg, they won't feck up and give us a lifeline i don't think
Need that Zidane black magic

MUFC OK

No but they do still lack a focal point up front. Neither city/RM can beat scousers in the final though. They’re in buoyant form and simply do not suffer fatigue/injuries to important players.

GlasgowCeltic

I’m seeing a rehash of that 09 Chelsea Barca semi, no way uefa’s giving us consecutive all English finals if they can help it. trusting this ref to do us a solid

SER19

Would expect a straightforward win for city tonight. Even Chelsea opened them up. They've overachieved brilliantly, but id go 3 or 4 nil City

James Peril

Just heard a city fan on the train into Manchetser say "I reckon we'll do em 3 nil, we won't need to get a flight to Madrid then cos the job will be pretty much done".

You mean the game where they kept a clean sheet and went into the next round? Some even spell you are putting on your enemy, god have a mercy on them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No but they do still lack a focal point up front. Neither city/RM can beat scousers in the final though. They’re in buoyant form and simply do not suffer fatigue/injuries to important players.
If we get past City we win the whole thing. It's a CL final, and we're Real Madrid

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I don't like this

I could be wrong but in a few years you will probably be posting a similar stat. The only difference will be at St. James‘ Park instead of Etihad.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
You haven't won yet. Right now, it's the Yetihad for you. But after conquering its cold, bare terraces, the Yetihad will pass into the myths of yore. Its impregnability will be reduced to urban-legend status.

Last edited:

nickyboy1981

You mean the game where they kept a clean sheet and went into the next round? Some even spell you are putting on your enemy, god have a mercy on them.
What's your point? Do you mean evil. I support United and don't want City to win, shock!

They were extremely lucky against Athletico, not just in the last 20. They looked like they didn't have a clue at the end and would have lost if Athletico had 11 men I reckon.

I was directing my vitriol to City fans who have sprung out of the woodwork and act like they are the authority on football, yet they can't fill their stadium unless a proper team go's there.

I guess I would have articulated it better if I'd said, I hope they do win 3 nil then their plastic support doesn't turn up and they get smacked 4 nil away.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Who are Athletico and when did they spank us.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Who can we trust out of City and Madrid to do the Cünts in the final?
Neither. Theres hope with either but I wouldn't trust either to be Liverpool in a one off game for any trophy.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Definitely Real.

But in a weird way I'd still rather face them than City. If Real wins yet another, I only have to deal with our own defeat. If City win it against us, it's double the pain.

padr81

Supports
Man City
What's your point? Do you mean evil. I support United and don't want City to win, shock!

They were extremely lucky against Athletico, not just in the last 20. They looked like they didn't have a clue at the end and would have lost if Athletico had 11 men I reckon.

I was directing my vitriol to City fans who have sprung out of the woodwork and act like they are the authority on football, yet they can't fill their stadium unless a proper team go's there.

I guess I would have articulated it better if I'd said, I hope they do win 3 nil then their plastic support doesn't turn up and they get smacked 4 nil away.
Atletico had 11 men till the 91st minute... and a lower xg in the game where they spanked City... 3 biggest chances of the game fell to City.
http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2022/...-correa-gundogan-chance-expected-goals-stats/

I also wouldn't comment on supporters of other clubs when I refer to one of Europes biggest as Athletico. You literally played them 2 months ago and don't know their name.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’d rather Liverpool win it then city to be honest, city to win the league so the scousers don’t get a quad… I don’t want city to ever win the CL because at the minute that’s the only thing we can hold against them… saying they’ve never won it. Obviously the ideal situation for us would be for Madrid to knock city out and then win the whole thing but I can’t see that happening. Gonna be city-Liverpool final which I think Liverpool will demolish them.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If a Spanish teams win the champions league I will go out and learn spanish! Fight me!

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Tonight's match is irrelevant. The last 20 minutes at Bernabeu (+ perhaps extra-time) will decide the tie.

Josh 76

I’d rather Liverpool win it then city to be honest, city to win the league so the scousers don’t get a quad… I don’t want city to ever win the CL because at the minute that’s the only thing we can hold against them… saying they’ve never won it. Obviously the ideal situation for us would be for Madrid to knock city out and then win the whole thing but I can’t see that happening. Gonna be city-Liverpool final which I think Liverpool will demolish them.
Not sure what makes you think Liverpool will demolish City.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Would love Villareal to win the whole thing. Yes they beat us last year but they're a cool club, and it'd probably wind up Arsenal fans to see that they sacked such a competent manager.
I don't know where this myth of Arsenal fans genuinely hating Emery comes from. Most wanted a change because it wasn't working and he lost the big players (at least what was left of them) in the dressing room. His philosophy required different players. His reputation took a bigger it for that game against Barcelona than his entire time at Arsenal.

I'd love it if he won it against Liverpool, he's a great cup manager.

MUFC OK

Still think City, they should have beat them at the Etihad. But then again UEFA love a Spanish winner and I expect Madrid would have the ref on their side in the final.
I'd love it if he won it against Liverpool, he's a great cup manager.
Would love that too but think we're dreaming mate. Liverpool will finish the tie in the first leg.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Not sure what makes you think Liverpool will demolish City.
The fact Liverpool are always up for the occasion and city bottle it when it most matters. When Liverpool are on it and up for it they can run riot against any team in Europe, like they did in the fa cup game against them, only thing with Liverpool is they seem to take the foot of the gas in second halves which could cost them.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
No Walker nor Cancelo(suspension). I'm curious to see who Vinicius feast on today

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Villarreal haven't played since Tuesday last week. Emery's had 8 days to get the yellow submarine ready to park in front of their goal. I do expect them to carry some threat on the counter. We seem to look vulnerable to counters against everyone at the moment.

2-0 or higher and I would say the job is probably done.

Expecting City to beat Madrid comfortably tonight.

MUFC OK

The fact Liverpool are always up for the occasion and city bottle it when it most matters. When Liverpool are on it and up for it they can run riot against any team in Europe, like they did in the fa cup game against them, only thing with Liverpool is they seem to take the foot of the gas in second halves which could cost them.
Then again they're often 2 or 3 up at HT. They literally blow teams away. Agree that if a team gets to 60 odd mins against them they have decent a chance.

Castia

Watched Madrid get slapped by both Chelsea and PSG feck knows how they’re still in the competition

3-0 to city tonight

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
City obviously haven't won the big one (CL) but they are 6-1 in cup finals under Guardiola whereas Liverpool are 2-3 in cup finals under Klopp, with the two wins being a penalty shootout against Chelsea and the CL final in which Liverpool got a lucky penalty early and didn't really play particularly well against a poor Spurs side (Spurs outshot them and were ahead on xg too, although some of that was the game dynamic of Liverpool leading from the 2nd minute). Until winning that CL final, people often claimed that Klopp was a big game bottler. That was probably unfair but I wouldn't swing completely in the other direction either.

I don't think there is that much evidence that Liverpool are better than City in big moments.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Stones-Dias-Laporte-Zinchenko
KdB-Rodri-Bernardo
Mahrez-Jesus-Foden

Vinicius vs Stones should be interesting