Champions League Semi Finals (26th Apr - 4th May)

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s a little consoling to know that in this horrible season where seemingly everything went wrong and conspired against us the footballing gods couldn’t bring themselves to come up with the final of our nightmares.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
You have to laugh at City. Remember 96? They were drawing with Liverpool and thanks to some Bertie in the stand with a dodgey radio they thought a draw would keep them up. They started time wasting.
Niall Quinn , who wasn’t even togged, realised they needed a win. He went down to the touch line to get the word out.
Too late! They drew and went down.
We did the double.
Well last night was worse!

Godfather

Has there been a harder road to the final than what Real had to play? And an easier one than what Pool had to play?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Still too disgusted to write or read more about it. Fecking City bottlers :mad:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Looking at the final part of the game before extra time again, I cannot understand some of the decisions City players take.

87' - Cancelo crosses the ball unneccesarily when he should keep possession. Courtois catches the ball easily.

90' - Ederson loses possession by making a long pass which Courtois gets again. Why gifting the ball so quickly after having conceded?

90' - Horrible pass from Cancelo, again gifting the ball too quickly.

Making sure that the rival minimize their chances and that the game is not played in the last minutes is also part of football, not just playing triangles progressing on the pitch little by little. City players are experienced enough in latter stages of CL, I don't know what they were thinking about.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The commentary in these games is always fecking nauseating when there's an English team involved, but on the flip side, it's absolutely glorious when things go wrong. As was the case last night. The whinging and whining you get from them is music to the ears. Everything is always against them, the other team is full of cheats, the ref is bent, etc.

It makes it all the sweeter.

Charles Miller

There is a moment that speaks volumes: Real Madrid was down 0-1, there is a corner for City and Casemiro and Benzema were joking to each other and smiling.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So glad they are out. Otherwise we would have never heard the end of “The two best teams ever with the two best managers ever facing each other in the biggest game ever in the history of football”.

Thank you Madrid!

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
These are basically my exact thoughts.
Yep, I'm struggling to think the last time any team bantered a couple of goals past Pool to turn around a game. I find it hard to believe Moments FC can trouble them. Pool are more clinical than City, and they're equally capable of taking a big lead or grinding out a game once they're ahead.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Weird to see the Caf celebrate the knocking out of the team whom Pool have been struggling to beat for a while now. No chance Moments FC banters it again against Pool's luck.
I enjoy City losing but I tend to agree with this. City and Liverpool is a very even match up and I've always felt that they were Liverpools worst opponent out of the lot.

MUFC OK

I enjoy City losing but I tend to agree with this. City and Liverpool is a very even match up and I've always felt that they were Liverpools worst opponent out of the lot.
Madrid are getting turned over in the final. City could have beaten them but that's gone now.

Billy Bullcrap

Supports
Wrexham
Madrid have looked poor against Chelse, PSG and Citeh but are in the final. I guess its best not to write them off. Having said that, all 3 teams should have beaten Madrid easily.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Yep, if not for the lack of the clinical attitude (which City showed again over both the semi-final ties), they would've beaten Pool a lot more over the last few years.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Not good dude, not good. :(

Can only laugh, if theres a way to shoot yourself in the foot never seen before, you can bet City are gonna do it. From the time we got relegated vs you guys for not being able to count points to the time we messed up the CL group stage cause Pelligrini couldn't count goal difference, City gonna City.

Better team won purely on mentality alone and we've ran ourselves into the ground ahead of a tough league game.
Have to hand it to Real though mentality and spine that City simply don't have in the CL.

I thought few of our players were horrid tonight, Laporte and Ederson with their typical CL shits, Dias panicked, Walker miles off. KDB poor and Mahrez aside from the goal. Gonna be hard for the team to pick themselves up for the league.

@giorno and other Real fans. Enjoy. Last 75 minutes was all you guys.
Classy post

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know what UEFA is thinking about scrapping two-legged semi finals.

Yeah, sure, it won't be the end of the competition or anything, but there really is no need to cut it down, it works.

Ranchero

I agree. Another very good night for Liverpool imo. Are city getting 9 points in 7 days from Sunday after that disappointment?, I think not. Is De Bruyne injured too?, Walker's certainly fecked.

Of course it's possible Liverpool drop points too but the wind definitely seems more at their back at the moment. If they win the quad it can never be beaten. Nightmare scenario.
We the Scousers slip up against Spurs might just blunt their cause, hopefully