Champions League Semi Finals (26th Apr - 4th May)

arnie_ni

Never understood why teams can't defend those. Very similar to kdb goal last night. Just run in with him. It's pure laziness

Capwn

Tbf even we beat these lot.
Yeah but you know these Liverpool and city lot are special. When I hear their managers talk, they talk about trying out new tactics they made for a specific match. Especially pep. Whereas klopp has a very hardworking team that follows his philosophy to the fullest.

It's like these lot are playing chess and all of us are playing checkers.

Wayne's World

How can nobody in the whole world can handle or find out a way of beating this Liverpool side

Klopp has been playing the same trick for 6 years and no-one has found a way of beating it

PoTMS

Villarreal trying to play out the back is not going to end well.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
When was the last time we had a European night like this at OT, with this atmosphere and intensity? Was it Madrid 12/13? Maybe Bayern 13/14?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
How can nobody in the whole world can handle or find out a way of beating this Liverpool side

Klopp has been playing the same trick for 6 years and no-one has found a way of beating it
Whats the trick?

Capwn

Do you ever wonder like this might be a cycle of football. Like in the 70s we had total football of the ajax lot and the brazilians later. Then around the 90s the Italian defence heavy teams became the best.

And then it was a mix till pep along with the spanish team got attacking football back again and only mourinho could stop the system basically.

Now we got this cycle with klopp and pep. I sometimes wonder if we see a system that manages to beat these systems.

arnie_ni

They don't seem to have any pace at all. Doesn't look like they can counter attack from deep

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
High pressing, force teams into mistakes, wing-play. He has played this his entire time at Liverpool
It's like calling passing a trick.

See what happens up front if you start marking our fullbacks too tightly. It works because we overload the areas we attack and the least marked player is still very very good. And van dijk and Alisson are at the back.

But yeah, someone should have just figured out the press and fullbacks.

VivaRonaldo85

You know it’s bad when Villarreal are being made out as the plucky underdog whilst Mcmanaman condescends them every time they pass it over the half way line. This is a feckin champions league semi final and and it’s as if Liverpool have got a bye.