Champions League Semi Finals (30th April - 8th May)

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Klopp is a magician. Best manager in the world, for quite a while.

Heinzesight

It’s the realisation that we are so far off anything like Liverpool’s team performance that is killing me.

fecking Barca. Suarez was the biggest bottler tonight.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
I cant believe what I just saw again.I went to the pub in 2005 to rub it in,the final was done and dusted as I thought only for milan to feck up and liverpool won the cup.I went down to the city to watch the match thinking they would be dumped out tonight especially with their injuries and this sh!t happens again.They are no longer a game raising cnut team but actually a good team,credit where its due.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Barcelona are so vulnerable away from home, that I have to back Liverpool to go through. The fact they beat United at Old Trafford is irrelevant, it just shows how poor United are at home. Usually Barca fail to get anything away from home. They consistently got battered away in Italy, whether it's Rome, Juventus or Milan. Against Atletico, they can't win away in the CL either. They failed to win away even at smaller places like Lyon. Last year they only won ONCE the whole season away from home in Europe.

Even in peak times, they struggled away. At the Emirates, we faced the greatest Barca team of all time under Guardiola twice, once we drew and once we won. At Stamford Bridge, again, same problem. Unable to win.

So my prediction is simple: They will get battered at Anfield. If they have any chance of making it through, Barca will have to rack up the goals at Camp Nou (even that might not be enough, see Roma).

Just to be clear, I support Barca in this match, I actually want Barca to beat Liverpool. But Barca's away record is horrific!!!!!
Well I can't pretend to be surprised. Literally called it well in advance.

Whiteside '85

Want this season over, it's gonna be just bloody impossible to live with any Liverpool fans...
Reluctantly have to back them now to win the Champions League Final. Anfield tonight was rocking, the fans an absolute credit. The positive reinforcement from team to terrace and back was incredible. 12th man defined.

I remember nights like that at OT. I'm not one for having a go at our fans we've been starved of passion from successive squads. It works both ways and starts on the pitch.

Still I'll be praying to the footballing God's to let this be their only big night this season. Had too many taunts from Liverpool fans in the 80's to want anything else for them

Without home advantage (what an incredible advantage) Liverpool might meet a hungry young Ajax team eager and able to repeat the famous 1995 heroics. They've got the players.
Sorry any Spurs fans but with Kane wrecked, it's the last best hope for Utd.

Hard to take this Cmmon d Feck Ajax!!!!!!!

RedorDead21

It’s the realisation that we are so far off anything like Liverpool’s team performance that is killing me.

fecking Barca. Suarez was the biggest bottler tonight.
He looks like Sanchez to me...slow and tubby. Coutinho was worse. Messi has some real dross around him these days. Such a shame he doesn't fancy a challenge in another league.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
We played 5 games at home in Europe this season and scored 1 goal.

Against the top 4 at home this season we scored 1 goal.

It's hard to get noisy and passionate when you're watching the utter dogshit we've seen at Old Trafford this year.
Well maybe if our ‘fans’ made a bit of Fcuking noise the fcuking stiffs on the pitch would get their fcuking fingers out.

Xaviboy

I could imagine Ole at home watching that tonight thinking of fitness drills to put players through for pre season. If we can get anywhere near that level tonight of running and effort that Liverpool players done then as a fan I would be happy.

There a well oiled machine klopp has got and done. Hats off to him.

Everyone worked for each other. Makes me sick seeing it.

Mugiwarared71

Liverpool will most likely win it now. If they win the league Sunday too it will be unbearable.

This is what an elite coach can do, was gutted when they nabbed Klopp.

second you on that one mate when safe retired all i ever wanted was klopp not afraid to say it.

Mugiwarared71

I'm just thinking fabinho for 50 mill and we got fred for 50 mill what are our scouts drinking please ? twice the player of fred if not three .

Betson

I could imagine Ole at home watching that tonight thinking of fitness drills to put players through for pre season. If we can get anywhere near that level tonight of running and effort that Liverpool players done then as a fan I would be happy.

There a well oiled machine klopp has got and done. Hats off to him.

Everyone worked for each other. Makes me sick seeing it.
Quality wise we would still be miles off the pace with the current squad of players we have. Even if our lads were fit enough the desire would not be there , you can't just turn that on and off. Liverpool pass the ball well at a high tempo. We can't string a few passes together at snails pace.

We made Barcelona look like a super team , they made them look like chumps. Apart fro a few sucker punches away they dominated Barcelona over the two legs.

Getting the team we have fitter is not going to make a huge difference to us , Martial etc are not going to try any harder , just not in their nature.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
:lol::lol::lol:

Awesome game, maybe you guys haven't enjoyed it as much but it has been a good season for Real Madrid so I was delighted with Liverpool's efforts and Barcelona's ridiculous performance. Think they're favorites to win the UCL now and fair play to them, always have liked Klopp as a manager and his football style.

Orange Tree

Fair play ro Liverpool. I'm happy that it's not Madrid or Barcelona again.

And now fingers crossed for Ajax to make it all the way.

Kharhaz

Supports
Liverpool
All season long Liverpool have been lucky, no injuries to people like Salah. We are 3-0 down to Barcelona and not only lose Salah but Firminho as well. Then go on to thrash Barcelona 4-0.

Does this answer the question of how would we cope without those players? or were we just lucky again?

MUFC OK

Watching us against the same Barca team, and then the scousers over two legs, it is so clear that we are lacking the levels of fitness and intensity that they produce. It should be music to every United fans ears that Ole is prioritising the fitness of the squad, and 'wants us to be the hardest working side in the league' which he has mentioned already. Equally important is the need to weed out players who are either terrible or dont have work ethic.

Amazing what work ethic, fitness, and teamwork can achieve when they are beating barcelona 4-0 with milner, henderson, matip, shaqiri, origi, wijnaldum.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
All season long Liverpool have been lucky, no injuries to people like Salah. We are 3-0 down to Barcelona and not only lose Salah but Firminho as well. Then go on to thrash Barcelona 4-0.

Does this answer the question of how would we cope without those players? or were we just lucky again?
It's Klopp, definitely. He's the key to all this. Seize the moment, because he really is your best manager since the '80s, at least; forget about Rafa.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They won't: Liverpool's scoring 4 next tuesday and blah blah blah.
Ooo, there's so many of your posts in this thread its going to take me days to get through them all Casa. But this is a nice jinxer from last Thursday to get things started. :cool:;)

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Ooo, there's so many of your posts in this thread its going to take me days to get through them all Casa. But this is a nice jinxer from last Thursday to get things started. :cool:;)

Haha! And, as I've said, I take this debacle right in the chin. First it was anxiety, then fear, then sadness, then disgust, finally anger. Now I'm calmer.

Right now, what terrifies me the most is another season with Valverde at the helm. He'll ruin De Jong.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Wow, respect. Honestly you were probably the only person to have thought that.
Thanks man. Congrats on the victory Liverpool played amazing, just steamrolled Barca. I was literally laughing as the goals were flying in. They had no chance at Anfield.

Last edited:

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
I'm just thinking fabinho for 50 mill and we got fred for 50 mill what are our scouts drinking please ? twice the player of fred if not three .
fabinho makes liverpool more solid. he plays as a defensive midfielder. fred... no idea what he is... he just runs around giving the ball away and being anonymous. he does try, though.

Djemba-Djemba

Well maybe if our ‘fans’ made a bit of Fcuking noise the fcuking stiffs on the pitch would get their fcuking fingers out.
Why are you placing any blame on the fans for this nightmare season?

Our performances at home all season have been utterly utterly fecking pathetic. At any other big club they'd have been getting booed off the pitch almost every week.

motsjo

The ONLY positive to come from today is that Messi won't get his 5th CL yet. :(

Seij

My apologies Seij, let me clarify, you deserve a better response than that.

In regards to bottling it I think Atletico in 2016 and Roma last year were clear bottle jobs.

However Juventus were just magnificent and clinical in that first leg. Barca had some bad luck but Juventus deserved to go through. They were a defensive wall that season.

PSG performance in the first leg was terrible. Their away record is what really hurts them as they have one of the all time great CL home record streaks which still continues today. Even during the Pep era they were poor in away matches.

I think they'll get past Liverpool, but I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't very anxious about Ajax, their midfield is devastating and they're fearless.
Well, the fear came true. Barcelona just can't seem to handle the pressure in the Champions League since their last win. It's incredibly frustrating to see them having these meltdowns over and over, especially at the expense of Liverpool probably winning the whole thing now. I think I'm just going to stop following football for a while. I'm not a masochist.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
You guys deserved to go through, amazing comeback
Thank you, Daysleeper. Some great semifinals our teams just played there. Shit happens in football now and then, but when the disappointment settles you should take pride in your team for being a part of such memorable matches.

Heinzesight

I really fecking hate this sport right now. Wish the Euros were this summer. Just can’t see anything positive about our club at the moment and with our two fiercest rivals being probably the two best teams in Europe just compounds the living shit out of it.

BlueHaze

I really fecking hate this sport right now. Wish the Euros were this summer. Just can’t see anything positive about our club at the moment and with our two fiercest rivals being probably the two best teams in Europe just compounds the living shit out of it.
Most of us if not all feel like this. Nothing we can do but remain loyal and hope the Glazers feck off.

soaphroniscuss

FFS you would think it was Liverpool with a 3-0 lead going into the second leg with Barca missing 2 of their best offensive weapons reading this thread. If you're bricking it enough to think Origi and Sturridge will overhaul a 3 goal deficit against a team with the best player to ever touch a football you ought to get your bets in now. It isn't happening lads.
B-e-a ... Beautiful ... :wenger: