Champions League Semi Finals (9th - 17th May)

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
As someone who supports Inter i am very comfortable in knowing that if we have a good day we can absolutely win against either of City or Real Madrid in the final and i think in this moment being underdog do us a favour.

I would actually prefer City rather than Real Madrid in the final although i think we have a good chance against either of them in this moment. City i feel might choke in the final and might be easy to score on the counter if they go there while i would guess Real Madrid will have a mental edge over us since they won some games against us quite recently but these were games were it was very even and i would say arguably we played better than Madrid in these matches but the ball didn't go in.

At this stage the mentality is such a huge factor and i would guess City would have a better chance of getting choked and nervous in the final, especially since they will be the favourite in the final. I also like how Lautaro Martinez have proved himself to be a big game player and also Lukaku will have some revenge he wants to take out from his bad world cup.

Feeling quite comfortable in front of the final. Just making it there i would say is a good season for us and we definitely have shown to be strong in knockout-games and finals under Inzaghi, add to that players like Barella and Lautaro Martinez who recently won the euros and the world cup.

Will be an interesting final for sure whoever we face. City have the capacity to trample opponents but at this stage i don't know if they have the mentality and i think Inters defence is a bit too solid for a trample to be happening. We have a history of killing of tramplers, last time prime Barca when we knocked them out being one man under in the 2009/2010 season.

A good time indeed to be an Inter-supporter.

Manncunian

As someone who supports Inter i am very comfortable in knowing that if we have a good day we can absolutely win against either of City or Real Madrid in the final and i think in this moment being underdog do us a favour.

I would actually prefer City rather than Real Madrid in the final although i think we have a good chance against either of them in this moment. City i feel might choke in the final and might be easy to score on the counter if they go there while i would guess Real Madrid will have a mental edge over us since they won some games against us quite recently but these were games were it was very even and i would say arguably we played better than Madrid in these matches but the ball didn't go in.

At this stage the mentality is such a huge factor and i would guess City would have a better chance of getting choked and nervous in the final, especially since they will be the favourite in the final. I also like how Lautaro Martinez have proved himself to be a big game player and also Lukaku will have some revenge he wants to take out from his bad world cup.

Feeling quite comfortable in front of the final. Just making it there i would say is a good season for us and we definitely have shown to be strong in knockout-games and finals under Inzaghi, add to that players like Barella and Lautaro Martinez who recently won the euros and the world cup.

Will be an interesting final for sure whoever we face. City have the capacity to trample opponents but at this stage i don't know if they have the mentality and i think Inters defence is a bit too solid for a trample to be happening. We have a history of killing of tramplers, last time prime Barca when we knocked them out being one man under in the 2009/2010 season.

Admirable, but delusional.

Inter wouldn’t be anywhere near the final if it wasn’t for what must be the easiest side of a Champions League draw ever seen (Milan, Spurs, Frankfurt, Napoli, Brugge, Benfica, Inter and Porto).

The other side of the draw being mostly footballing giants (Liverpool, Real, Dortmund, Chelsea, Leipzig, City, PSG and Bayern). :lol:

Citing Lukaku as the potential key to winning the UCL was my favourite part though.

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale

Inter wouldn’t be anywhere near the final if it wasn’t for what must be the easiest side of a Champions League draw ever seen (Milan, Spurs, Frankfurt, Napoli, Brugge, Benfica, Inter and Porto).

The other side of the draw being mostly footballing giants (Liverpool, Real, Dortmund, Chelsea, Leipzig, City, PSG and Bayern). :lol:

Citing Lukaku as the potential key to winning the UCL was my favourite part though.
I recognize the feeling very well. That saltiness. I have had it as well, i don't blame you.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

That's certainly quit while you're still behind argument. :D

But he does have an important point. Real are 100% is on to do what they do. Lift the Cup. City on the other hand would be 90%, leaving 10% for the good old entertaining choke.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Had a nightmare of Real losing 4-0….but it was against Bayern. Make of that what you will.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Same lineups as the first leg, except for Militao instead of Rüdiger.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why’s rudiger not starting? Got the better of haaland all game in first leg.

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
That's certainly quit while you're still behind argument. :D

But he does have an important point. Real are 100% is on to do what they do. Lift the Cup. City on the other hand would be 90%, leaving 10% for the good old entertaining choke.
I'm not native english-speaker so don't know if you are trying to make fun of me or not.

Whatever actually.

I do seem to smell some hate from the old big english clubs who are having miserable seasons if you account their expectations. Of course it is annoying seeing a club that spent far far less during the last seasons play in CL-final while yourselves aren't even in the competition.

Dark Side of the Moon

Supports
Celtic
I certainly wouldn’t be writing Inter off.

They have battle hardened players that always turn up in the big games, and a very good coach.

They are more than a match for whoever comes through this game.

El Presidente

I don't know man, Bayern had two training sessions with your lot in Munich and Milan. I reckon City can wrap up the final around the 30th minute.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
30 mins to go and its almost a quarter full already. Could be a new record crowd tonight :lol:

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
I don't know man, Bayern had two training sessions with your lot in Munich and Milan. I reckon City can wrap up the final around the 30th minute.
Group stage and knockout phase is two different things. Bayern Munich are still a strong team this season unlike Liverpool and Manchester United.

It was a bit similiar when we won the treble in the 09/10 season. Everyone expected Bayern to win the final but we got 2-0 quite comfortably.

It is what it is. Benfica were great in their group and seemed strong but after we defeated them they suddenly were not that great.

We are in the CL-final and deserve credit for it. Just because we made our opponents look weak doesn't mean they were weak.

In 09/10 no one believed in us and we knocked out all the becoming champions in Prime Barca, Chelsea and i think Bayern won that year while we basically owned them in the final. I think some english fans are bitter because of their loss to Italy in the Euros aswell.

Talk about history and stuff, Manchester United bring up their treble they won in overtime. We had a, without doubt, stronger treble than Manchester Uniteds so sure we can talk history.

It is what it is.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It was a bit similiar when we won the treble in the 09/10 season. Everyone expected Bayern to win the final but we got 2-0 quite comfortably.
uh? Inter were favourites for that final

Btw Evra on italian tv, he's hilarious :lol:

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24

You started well but your follow-up messages have been off the mark. Relax. Things can unravel very quickly in the final and you can be left shell shocked.
I believed Inter were better suited to face City because of their midfield athleticism and mobility. If you choke midfield against City you have a chance. Let's see first how today's game will unfold.

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale

Btw Evra on italian tv, he's hilarious :lol:
My feeling was that Bayern Munich were the favourites that final. It actually felt that Inter were underdog against Chelsea, Barcelona and Bayern Munich. I might be wrong and it would be interesting to see the odds for those matches.

The only fans i remembers cheering for us was you Real Madrid fans because we stopped Barca from winning the CL on Santiago Bernabeu.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
City will win this. Just know they will. Feels terrible to say but don’t think Madrid can do anything tonight.

Trying to jinx it.

Pintu

Exactly I don't remember that Bayern to be that strong (their defence was really bang average with VB and that nobody keeper they had)... They barely made it past Fiorentina in the first KO and then against us they were quite lucky... But they also had some awesome players: Lahm, Schweini, Robben, Ribery... Missing Ribery in the final was a big blow, and you just knew Mourinho would get the better of them...