Champions League semifinals (2nd legs)

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I'd like to see Juve win, but Real don't often lose European finals. The last one they lost was against Fegie's Aberdeen in the CWC in '83. Before that, Liverpool in '81. Juve seem to lose finals all the time.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Best two sides (by miles) in the final.... Best defence (with decent attack) vs best attack (with decent defence).

Juve have an advantage of sorts in that they can rest players and still win Serie A.... Real can mix it up a bit but can't really afford to rest players in Last Liga.

Hope there's a goal in the first 20 minutes to prevent a cagey game - early goal could make it a classic. Going for Madrid.
I think Real has the best midfield, in terms of the forwards Barca at their best are still a level above.
I've hoped no club will do the CL back-to-back, but this weird Real team looks like it will be the one.

Hojoon

Real have had a few games where they looked underwhelming this season but literally all 10 of their outfield players are capable of making decisive attacking contributions. Half of their team can be below their best and they'll still win regularly due to that.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
The match went to absolute shit once Isco scored.
Yeah, I was watching the game and despite losing on 2 so early I was not worried, just waiting for us to score to kill the game and put all this nonsense about a comeback to rest. I think even Atlético didn't believed they could pull this up they scored so fast and early but once the adrenaline decayed they didn't know what to do; to keep on attacking or try to defend and prevent an away goal from Real Madrid. In the second half is as if they didn't know they had lost the first game 3-0 and were content with just keeping their one goal lead like if this was a league game.

We've scored 12 more goals than them in La Liga.
And we have a better run in consecutive games scoring, we might still lose the final but is almost a given we're gonna score in that game.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona

Casemiro is an absolute scum of a human being. I hope he gets his deserved red card in the final, but knowing Real's influence I wouldn't bet on it.

Him and Ramos deserve each other; two thugs.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Casemiro is an absolute scum of a human being. I hope he gets his deserved red card in the final, but knowing Real's influence I wouldn't bet on it.

Him and Ramos deserve each other; two thugs.
he is a defensive midfielder stopping a counter, that does not make him a scum of a human being :lol:. There were 115 fauls in the game. Surely he deserved a yellow but Gabi could get 3 or 4

Zen

Who the hell are "we"......

Barcelona are the best attacking team in the world. They are just massively surplus to Madrid in pretty much every other area, and given how gung ho Perez is for galactico attackers, that's insane. But Barca's midfield is pretty empty for what you expect of them, thus the strain on Messi. The regret on letting Thiago, hell even Fabregas go, must be hurting right now, even if those moves did lead to another CL.

IFC 1905

I fecking hate Real Madrid as a Club. But I must admint their greatness and this epic thing they have to win matches even when they look like they're gonna fall. There's always something for them, like that play from Benzema out of nowhere.

And their anthem is my favorite

Devil may care

The semis went as expected but Atleti put up a good fight, that Isco goal just completely flattened their tyres. Isco was fantastic for Real, he's so skillful and has a terrier quality to his game. Of Atleti's main players Carrasco was the most effective but I thought Saul had a decent game, he just couldn't get as close to the superb Modric as needed in that second half

red4ever 79

he is a defensive midfielder stopping a counter, that does not make him a scum of a human being :lol:. There were 115 fauls in the game. Surely he deserved a yellow but Gabi could get 3 or 4
I havent watched Real as much this season as previous seasons as Spanish Football changed to a different broadcaster here. However onthe 4-5 occassions I have managed to see them, there is a re-ocurring pattern

1. Players surround referee after every challenge by the opposition
2. Casemrio kicks s*t out of the opponents every match and rarely gets booked (maybe just a yellow)
3. If Real are losing there is usually a disputed penalty given to them
4.. They are still the biggest s8ithouse football club in the world

cheeky_backheel

I havent watched Real as much this season as previous seasons as Spanish Football changed to a different broadcaster here. However onthe 4-5 occassions I have managed to see them, there is a re-ocurring pattern

2. Casemrio Mascherano kicks s*t out of the opponents every match and rarely gets booked (maybe just a yellow)
3. If Real Barca are losing there is usually a disputed penalty given to them
Seems you have your colors mixed up - the cvnts in blaugrana would be barcelona:D

shield

The semifinals were very one sided.

That Real side is so great going ahead. Dislike them, but like their mentality where they are always looking to score. Very difficult to stop them from scoring.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

2. Casemrio kicks s*t out of the opponents every match and rarely gets booked (maybe just a yellow)
1.It happens in every match in Spain, and probably Italy and Southamerica. Perhaps it´s a cultural thing, the referees are more used to this and the teams repeat it in Europe.
2.He is not an angel but I don´t consider him an aggresive player. 8 yellow cards in la liga, in 22 games, perhaps he could have got some more but it seems reasonable.Ramos is the captain of Madrid and probably has the record of red cards in la liga, so I don´t see a pattern "Madrid=he doesn´t get yellow card", but of course the big teams use to get more helps
3.We had a penalty against us in Munich, in the second game in Madrid and today. Yes, we get penalties, and Barça too, I guess that both teams attack a lot, with more minutes of play in the areas, however I don´t see a conspiracy pattern.
4.:boring:, so explain me, why the biggest shithouse football club?

SirMattBugsby

The worst scenario I imagine is an early Juventus goal with Madrid being too anxious and nervous looking for the draw.
Another of my concerns is Bale. Apparently one of the problems in his injury has been the rush to return to play and since the final is in Cardiff I am almost certain that he will recover and therefore he will be in the line-up.
He is a decisive player, who can win a final, but would break the good dynamics of the team, which is playing so well lately, above all thanks to Isco
I like Bale but I hope he doesn't start the final. Isco more than deserves his starting spot.

Hopefully we'll have Carvajal back aswell.
Playing an extra mid in Isco was the right choice against Atlético (don't know if forced or tactical), but might not be against Juve who have better cover in central defensive areas and more threat on the counter.

Playing with width would be a better option to control the game. This is why I feel Bale or Vazquez should be considered, especially since Carvajal is a doubt as well.

Having said that, Isco has been playing very, very well. He'll probably leave if he doesn't start the final :lol:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
3.We had a penalty against us in Munich, in the second game in Madrid and today. Yes, we get penalties, and Barça too, I guess that both teams attack a lot, with more minutes of play in the areas, however I don´t see a conspiracy pattern.
Today alone I think we got a legit penalty in our favor at the very beginning of the match, before any of the 2 Atlético goals were scored, committed to Ramos in a corner kick and it wasn't conceded. Still I'm sure people are going to say we were benefited this match as well but just wanted to point that.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Playing an extra mid in Isco was the right choice against Atlético (don't know if forced or tactical), but might not be against Juve who have better cover in central defensive areas and more threat on the counter.

Playing with width would be a better option to control the game. This is why I feel Bale or Vazquez should be considered, especially since Carvajal is a doubt as well.

Having said that, Isco has been playing very, very well. He'll probably leave if he doesn't start the final :lol:
The situation of Isco has changed a lot.Some months ago wasn't better than James.Now the club can't afford to lose him. Press and Bernabéu would be crazy against Florentino.
About Bale,I hadn't thought about that.Let's see.If we win with Bale I'll say that Zidane has a great vision,if we lose he will be a puppet of the president :D
Today alone I think we got a legit penalty in our favor at the very beginning of the match, before any of the 2 Atlético goals were scored, committed to Ramos in a corner kick and it wasn't conceded. Still I'm sure people are going to say we were benefited this match as well but just wanted to point that.
Unfortunately right now everybody Will protest after any decision, a pity because overshadow the football moment of the team

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I think Real has the best midfield, in terms of the forwards Barca at their best are still a level above.
I've hoped no club will do the CL back-to-back, but this weird Real team looks like it will be the one.
But didn't do it when they needed to .... no goals v Juve..

Meanwhile Real
We've scored 12 more goals than them in La Liga.
Excellent.... how'd you get on in the Champions League (The title of this thread)?

gaucho_10

Penalties #UCL 2016/17:

Atletico 5 in favor, 1 against
Bayern 5 in favor, 3 against
Barca 4 in favor, 1 against
Real 0 IN FAVOR, 6 AGAINST

Cry louder! :drool:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Congratulations to Real for their 12th title. No one does losing European cup finals better than Juventus.

When they win in Cardiff, they will have won as many European cups in 4 years as we have won in our history.

That is just painful to type.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Congratulations to Real for their 12th title. No one does losing European cup finals better than Juventus.

When they win in Cardiff, they will have won as many European cups in 4 years as we have won in our history.

Makes it all the more hollow when you see some mentioning us as the biggest in the world.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid

Nice jinxing attempt