Champions League semifinals (2nd legs)

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Both ties seemingly done and dusted before the 2nd legs.

Juventus (2) v (0) Monaco - 9th May (19.45 BST)

Atletico Madrid (0) v (3) Real Madrid - 10th May (19.45 BST)

el3mel

Dead ties. I expect both Juve and Madrid to just win again.

Blind

Really need an early Monaco goal to liven things up tonight.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
2-0 away is heavy but Monaco have potential, nothing to lose and use to score a lot.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure any games are worth watching, it's already over. Atletico can't score 4 without Madrid scoring any, in fact Atletico can't score 4 at all. Can't see Juventus conceding 2 goals.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Such a shame both ties are pretty much decided by now. Was looking forward to 2 good evenings of CL football.

Snafu17

Can't wait for tonight. Should be a brilliant European semi-final and there's a Slovenian involved so that's a plus.Obviously i'm talking about the Eurovision.

Last edited:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Champions League is boring and predictable

Thursday is when the real football is on

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
2-0 away is heavy but Monaco have potential, nothing to lose and use to score a lot.
You're being generous. Juventus haven't conceded in a long time and Monaco are a lot stronger at home than away. Juventus barely lose at home ever in games that matter. Last time they lost at home by 2 goals was against Bayern in 2013, playing such players as Vucinic and Quagliarella as their forwards with Asamoah and Padoin as their wing backs. Quite different.

Juventus losing the tie would be a bigger upset than PSG.

WhoDaGOAT

I'd rest players if I were Jardim.

The title is within their grasp, so they had better not blow it trying to salvage this.

prateik

I'd rest players if I were Jardim.

The title is within their grasp, so they had better not blow it trying to salvage this.
They need to win 1 of their last 3 games. The title is in the bag.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Some facts about tonight's game -
1) No French club has beaten Juve in Turin in European competitions. (3 draws, 11 wins)
2) Monaco has lost both the CL games they played in Turin against Juve, 4-1 in '98 and 1-0 in 2015.
3) Juve has reached the final after 5 out of 6 semifinals they have played in the modern CL.
4) Monaco is competing in the semis of the modern CL for the 4th time, no other French club has managed this feat more than once.
5) None of the 2 goals conceded by Juve in this CL have come from direct play.
6) Dani Alves has scored more goals (9) and has more assists (25) than any other FB in the CL, since his debut.
7) Juve haven't conceded a goal in 621 minutes, the longest streak yet.
8) Juve and Real are the only two unbeaten teams left in this CL.
9) Monaco have conceded 18 goals in this CL, 10 in the last 3 games.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
1) No French club has beaten Juve in Turin in European competitions. (3 draws, 11 wins)
2) Monaco has lost both the CL games they played in Turin against Juve, 4-1 in '98 and 1-0 in 2015.
3) Juve has reached the final after 5 out of 6 semifinals they have played in the modern CL.
4) Monaco is competing in the semis of the modern CL for the 4th time, no other French club has managed this feat more than once.
6) Dani Alves has scored more goals (9) and has more assists (25) than any other FB in the CL, since his debut.
So Monaco stand a great chance then.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Thats some crazy stats.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juve have been incredibly dominant in this CL so far. Shades of bayern 2012/13

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Lovren is paid more than Chiellini and Bonucci and Lucas earns more than Marchisio.

PL wages are crazy.

juggernaut1986

Very interesting. So, we are the only team who knocked out Juve in a CL semi :devil:

I was looking at their lineup in the 2015 CL final. Only 5 players out of 14 (starters and subs) are still at the club. They were playing in the Europa League in 2014. They made some really astute signings in the last few years. This makes me optimistic about our future especially because we have the right manager now. Massive summer coming up.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Juve 0 - 6 Monaco
Mbappe (3)
Bonucci (og)
Chiellini (2 og)

RoyH1

Juve will win comfortably. I expect Atletico to run like devils, seething at the result from the last game, and make all sorts of trouble for Real. Perhaps they might even win. But there's almost no way they can be expected to beat Real Madrid by more than 3 goals. If Real scores just one goal the tie is beyond their reach.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Why did Bakayoko keep his starting spot and is Fabinho on the bench? Makes no sense, but benching one of them in favour of Moutinho seems like a logical move - they need goals tonight, hopefully the first one rather quick. Dirar higher up the pitch is a good move imo but weird to see Mendy on the bench as well.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lovren is paid more than Chiellini and Bonucci and Lucas earns more than Marchisio.

PL wages are crazy.
Where do you have this from? One thing to note is that Serie A wages are recorded post-tax.
-----
Where is Mendy?

Nedved

PL wages are crazy.
I seriously doubt that information. Don't forget that Serie A wages are reported net, unlike British ones.

Chiellini, Bonucci and Marchisio all earn more than £100k a week if you count the EPL way.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I like the emphasis the Juve crowd put on "the champions" in the anthem.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I notice 'Raggi' starting for Monaco, Bluemoon will be livid.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Juve look so strong on paper. We're so far behind the top clubs.. :(

Hope they beat Real in the final.