Champions league vs Premier League success. Which One Would You Prefer? | Poll added

PL or CL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Simple question really. Which one would you prefer to win this season. No smart arse answers like both of them. Of course we would all love for that to happen.

But if you had to choose one, which would you go for?

Personally i will always want to win the Premier League first and foremost. It’s the one i’m desperate to win again above everything else.

Considering how competitive it is among the top 4/5 teams, it really is an achievement when you win this league; which is something you can't say for some leagues around the world.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Champion's League. We're two leagues up on Liverpool but two CLs down. Plus I've seen us win the league thirteen times, but the CL only twice.

el3mel

This season I'll go for the EPL as I miss it a lot.

After that I'll for sure prefer adding another CL trophy to our cabinet.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Premier League so that we can be the leaders of the league again and build on that to go on to win the Champions League.

LoneStar

Right now, I want to win the PL more than the CL. Sustaining winning over 38 games is much harder than winning CL, especially with so much competition in the league. Putting one over that City team, which everyone is fawning over would be incredibly satisfying. The CL can be won by luck, can't say the same about the league.

Richard Cranium

Premier League is always the priority. It is the best measure of a teams ability over the course of the year. You only have to look at the league campaigns of Chelsea and Liverpool in their CL wins to see you can have bad teams win the CL.

It also undermines the "European Champions" title that is slapped onto the trophy holder. How can Liverpool or Chelsea be "Champions of Europe" yet only the fifth best team in the PL?

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
Champions league, no brainer.
the most important competitive in the world.
Of course, we must restore the normal nature of things in England one day :drool:

devil in me

Champions league. It would be the league if we hadn't won it in years and years, but at the moment it would be another European cup.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
League every time over the champions and associated friends money making league.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I'm amazed at how many people are saying PL over CL. The difference in prestige is massive for me.

SirAF

Ageist
I'm amazed at how many people are saying PL over CL. The difference in prestige is massive for me.
Got to be the best in your own country.

There is no luck about winning the league, the best team will win it. In the CL, however, there are so many factors once you enter the knock out stage: referees, form, injuries, mistakes, epic once in a lifetime goals from oppos etc.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Champions League because a club of our stature should have won it more times and generally should be a much bigger factor in it every single season.

Premier League is obviously extremely important as well, but we're the most successful club in the competition's history.

Zlatattack

It has to be the premier league. That's our realistic target too. This team isn't going to win the champions league.

JohnZSmith27

I know the CL is the biggest club competition etc but I'd have to go with the PL right now. We need to put our stamp back on the league again.

AshRK

PL. I dont want us to be stuck at 20 just like liverpool have been at 18. Let us get the 21 and then move on from there.

AshRK

It has to be the premier league. That's our realistic target too. This team isn't going to win the champions league.
I know what you are saying but honestly winning the CL is a tad easy when compared to the league. In CL , with a bit of luck a decent side can win it but league cannot be done like that. League is a marathon while progressing in CL depends on how good you are that day.

AshRK

We've been stuck on 3 CL's for a longer period though.
I know and trust me I will be equally delighted if we make that 4 but for this season I would want PL. Get the domestic dominance back and build on from that.

KN5

UCL... Better to be the best in the world than the best in England. I've seen us win plenty of premier league's. In comparison to having my heart broken in the champions league multiple times.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I've always been a PL kind of guy. The CL is fantastic and is (usually) rarer than the league title but I just love the feeling of a year's work over 38 games coming to fruition.

The CL is at the end of the day a cup competition, one which you can win without necessarily being the best in Europe. The PL winner has been the best team in country without question for me.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
To be fair although we need a PL soon, Champions League is the ultimate. Would always choose that.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
In the end, the Champions might be easier than the Premier League, and would get Mourinho's obsession with his third in different countries out of the way. But the Premier League would be the bigger achievement, I think, since there's so much luck involved in winning the Champions.

podurban2

And for future players, win the CL you can cherry pick any player in the world.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Right now, I want to win the PL more than the CL. Sustaining winning over 38 games is much harder than winning CL, especially with so much competition in the league. Putting one over that City team, which everyone is fawning over would be incredibly satisfying. The CL can be won by luck, can't say the same about the league.
Accurate. I feel a CL win doesn't give you the right to be called best in Europe when you're not winning your own league.

iam_kramer

It is true that a lucky draw or an inexperienced opponent in the final can really help you out in the Champions League, in the league you simply don't get afforded that. I have gone for the champions league, but it's a tough one, especially if the league is between the two Manchester clubs.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
At this moment in time? The PL, for sure, just so we can get over the “haven’t won it since Fergie left” hump.

Overall though, once we stabilise, the CL is more special for me.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Think it’s to do with context though. Right now we ain’t won the PL since Fergie where, let’s be honest, was our bread and butter.

Under Fergie we could take winning the PL every few years as a guarantee. Winning the CL was always the challenge and yes, it is more prestigious. So ask the question 5-10 years ago and for sure the CL would be topping this poll.

But right now, we need the PL more than the CL.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Think it’s to do with context though. Right now we ain’t won the PL since Fergie where, let’s be honest, was our bread and butter.

Under Fergie we could take winning the PL every few years as a guarantee. Winning the CL was always the challenge and yes, it is more prestigious. So ask the question 5-10 years ago and for sure the CL would be topping this poll.

But right now, we need the PL more than the CL.
But even Fergie struggled in the CL. I think he'd be the first to admit he really should've won it more than twice in his career. So for me a CL would be infinitely better.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Premier League. I don't want to become like Liverpool, glorified cup team still living off the so-called miracle of Istanbul.

It'd be great if we could win more European Cups, obviously. However, its important to get back our place as champions of England.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
A team of our stature winning the Champions League only thrice doesnt sit well with me. We need and should have won more by now.

Jeffthered

Good question actually, does make you think.

Champions League for me. Not even sure why I think and feel that, but I certainly do. (Where is the final being played btw...???)